collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Masquerade Pony Swap, Ponies arriving!  (Read 42487 times)

Offline Saja

• Peacock Queen
  • Trade Count: (+325)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Masquerade Pony Swap, Partners sent, Start working!!
« Reply #255 on: June 18, 2012, 08:16:05 PM »
I just emailed the seller than I bought something from that is supposed to arrive around June 25th, and I bought it weeks ago, and guess what, there posting it today. Thats so annoying, It better get it so fast, but bet it doesnt, I hate waiting!!!! Im so impatient...
I think were all learning with sculpted clothes on this swap, so no advice either sorry!
Other than go an have another look at PonysYeah's WIP thread that is pretty good for dress insiration!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Wish list : http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,318839.0.html
See my work on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/saja.navajo Also rehairs and customs for sale in sales album on FB and also and Etsy Store https://www.etsy.com/shop/SajasCreations

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #256 on: June 18, 2012, 08:33:04 PM »
Haha. I have totally been looking at that. But it doesn't really show HOW she did what she did. I'll be winging it here. Hopefully it comes out good.

Offline Saja

• Peacock Queen
  • Trade Count: (+325)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 18, 2012, 09:00:22 PM »
Im sure it will!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Wish list : http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,318839.0.html
See my work on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/saja.navajo Also rehairs and customs for sale in sales album on FB and also and Etsy Store https://www.etsy.com/shop/SajasCreations

Offline naylastar

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 19, 2012, 11:18:24 AM »
That's the pony rehaired and I have the wings and horn sculpted:) I also has glitter and a few other materials on their way. Trying to decide what design to use for the mask itself... So many gorgeous choices!!:)

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 19, 2012, 11:25:10 AM »
Lauraloveland's geisha ponies have amazing sculpted robes. I'm not making a dress dress, but if it were me, I might lay tissue paper or white muslin fabric over the pony to draw, then cut out the shapes I would need for the dress. Then I'd roll out some clay with a small, wooden rolling pin, lay the shapes on top and trace around those with an xacto knife. Then lay down the pieces onto the pony. I might glue a layer of mesh on the pony first, trailing behind her to support the weight if it was a longer dress.

I can't wait to see!!

Offline Maniah

• Classifieds
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #260 on: June 19, 2012, 11:55:44 AM »
Well. I started my Dress. I really have to force myself to be patient and work in layers. Waiting for one panel to harden is the most annoying part. Im mixing up way too much clay so that's annoying too.

Im using an image of a dress to base this off of, and just sort of winging it. I think the idea of mesh for support in a long trailing dress is great and it's not too late for me to go for that.

Thank you for the ideas!

deeleelambbaa

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #261 on: June 19, 2012, 08:16:42 PM »
oh goodness, I'm starting to second guess my design! Everyone is making dresses, should I make a dress??? Is everyone pretty much expecting a dressy custom for this masquerade, and would anyone be really pissed if they got a looser interpretation of a masquerade minus the ball?
...screw it, I just thought of a way to incorporate a dress, we're good. Partner, you're gettin' a dress! >:D

Offline Pythia

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 20, 2012, 03:42:54 AM »
Sculpting for the first time hoooo boy...
Looking for: Alternate Birthflowers, Baity wingers, So softs - both minty and for deflocking - and DREAM BEAUTIES!

Bugle

« Reply #263 on: June 20, 2012, 07:21:15 AM »
Found my body! Head is 99% done.. But I am wanting to try something a little different for this pony.. So have to go buy some extra supplies...

Offline Tinker

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Bwahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 20, 2012, 04:35:12 PM »
oh goodness, I'm starting to second guess my design! Everyone is making dresses, should I make a dress??? Is everyone pretty much expecting a dressy custom for this masquerade, and would anyone be really pissed if they got a looser interpretation of a masquerade minus the ball?
...screw it, I just thought of a way to incorporate a dress, we're good. Partner, you're gettin' a dress! >:D

I don't think a dress is necessary unless your partner specifies (or heavily hints) that they would like a dress. Some of my design ideas do, some don't. I think it's more important to get the feel of the theme and the mask itself. An elaborate dress and mask might be too much for one pony.

Offline Maniah

• Classifieds
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #265 on: June 20, 2012, 04:42:51 PM »
I want a dress, but I will honestly not be sad if I do not get one.^_^ The dress is just as much a part of it as the mask is for me.

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 20, 2012, 05:13:52 PM »

This made me laugh so hard!! I am not making a dress, and I wouldn't be mad at all if I didn't get a dress. The things my partner listed made me think they will love this design, so it's cool. Painted ponies are as lovely as dressed up ones. Mine does have a costume though.

Offline Pythia

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 20, 2012, 10:08:40 PM »
Yep, I'm not doing a dress, and I'll be perfectly happy if I don't get one. :)
Looking for: Alternate Birthflowers, Baity wingers, So softs - both minty and for deflocking - and DREAM BEAUTIES!

deeleelambbaa

« Reply #268 on: June 21, 2012, 07:22:18 PM »
oh...well...turns out I made a dress, and it's a pretty b.a dress at that. I had a mass 8 hour pony spree during which I sculpted everything but the mask. It's honestly the best thing I've ever made (although this is the first time using sculpey), so I really hope my partner likes it.

I was wondering, as I made it, that it has A LOT of super delicate parts. I'm super worried about shipping it and it getting hurt, so how do you all ship delicate sculpting that has a lot of angles and areas that should be supported and such?

Bugle

« Reply #269 on: June 21, 2012, 08:07:35 PM »
All I can say is bubble wrap bubble wrap bubble wrap, wrap, wrap, and wrap.. Also get a stronger box, i.e. cardboard that wont crush easily.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal