collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Purchasing a gc item.  (Read 674 times)

Offline bagheera86

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Purchasing a gc item.
« on: May 02, 2012, 06:49:10 PM »
I seem to spend more time in this part of the forum than I want too... >_<

Anyway I'm purchasing this grand champion from a lady off face book (very nice and polite and non-dramamtic even though she already has my money xD) and I must admit to fluffing about and promising payment for almost two weeks because lol, everything wanted my money at the same time I wanted the horse and now I'm paranoid about packages not arriving and what not so I was trying to get a P.O box organised.

She's charging me $10 for the gc (Fair enough) and then $15 for shipping and I know that shoudl work because I received 6 grand champions in a box for $15 from the USA last year but they had no bubble wrap or anything and they were just all crammed in there... alot of paint was swapped and now their baity (and stink of dog and ciggerrettes.) so when she qouted me $15 extra for the shipping (making a total of $25) with tracking it sounded plausible to me and I said I'd pay her on wednesday which I did. and then she tells me that she's been to the post office and it will now cost... $41 all up because she's made a mistake. that's a pretty big mistake to make and I thought she had originally gone to weight the item at the post office.

After I asked about such a big increase I thought  no I don't want to pay $41 for a grand champion that's only worth $10. but she has offered to pay for half the of the extra shipping cost and tells me i've paid with the wrong currency, I was suppose to pay with canada currency and not USD.. I assumed she was american because she didn't state otherwise and really I was dumb and should of asked.

What should I do here? I've already paid, should I give up on this model? be suspicious? $41 is alot of money for me and arrghhh decisions  :drunk: ! Help a pony out?

Post Merge: May 02, 2012, 06:50:43 PM

ARGGGHHH She's already posted it with tracking. now I feel bad by putting her out, and if she has something in the future I really want... I won't be able to by it from her if I don't pay her the extra shipping that I owe her.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 06:50:43 PM by bagheera86 »

Offline babystarz

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Purchasing a gc item.
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 07:10:18 PM »
I personally never make a buyer pay if I've flubbed the shipping quote, I only ask that they pay the original quote price. But I can see that this is a pretty large amount of money, and tracking for international shipping can be ridiculous so it's certainly plausible. For one pony to ship internationally from here with tracking, the lowest price is something like $25. And Canadian shipping is more expensive than U.S. shipping.

I suppose it comes down to whether you want to buy from her again in the future. If you do, I'd swallow that half of the shipping cost. If it's not worth it, then don't - she shipped before she told you the actual price, which wasn't very smart of her to do and you're not under any obligation to pay more than she said it would be. She should have said "oh woah, that's way more than I was expecting, I'll come back" and then checked with you first.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 07:12:08 PM by babystarz »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 07:13:24 PM »
 :whoa:   $41 is a big price difference! she should really have checked with you first before posting the item too :(   if I make a shipping mistake when I sell something I wouldnt ask the buyer to pay the extra, but thats a lot of money for her to pay out .   It sounds like maybe she posted it priority with tracking. I think it wasnt really worth it since the item was only valued at $10 though.  I would wait and see what the actual shipping cost is when the box arrives before sending any more money. ..  I think she is being honest but I dont think she should have shipped before you let her know whether you still wanted to buy the item due to the high shipping

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 03:21:59 AM »
Why in the world did she not contact you before posting and make sure you were ok with the shipping difference?  That is a huge price difference.   I am not saying she is lying but I know if it was me it would of changed my mind about purchasing the horse.

And Ringlets is right that she probably shipped it Priority, hardly worth it for a $10 item.  By the sounds of it though she is not very familiar with shipping items overseas.

In terms of the wrong currency she needs to refund you back your money before you pay in the right one.  I would email her and explain that you can not resubmit payment till she refunds it.

In any case though I suppose the right thing to do is pay the difference since she agreed to pay half.  And basically she didn't make any money off the horse in the end.  It will be a good lesson for her to check postage prices before quoting anyone.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline bagheera86

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 05:33:09 AM »
Why in the world did she not contact you before posting and make sure you were ok with the shipping difference?  That is a huge price difference.   I am not saying she is lying but I know if it was me it would of changed my mind about purchasing the horse.

And Ringlets is right that she probably shipped it Priority, hardly worth it for a $10 item.  By the sounds of it though she is not very familiar with shipping items overseas.

In terms of the wrong currency she needs to refund you back your money before you pay in the right one.  I would email her and explain that you can not resubmit payment till she refunds it.

In any case though I suppose the right thing to do is pay the difference since she agreed to pay half.  And basically she didn't make any money off the horse in the end.  It will be a good lesson for her to check postage prices before quoting anyone.

I think she did contact me, but I didn't reply in time and she posted it anyway because she found the price was different when she got to the post office.. I had paid her in USA dollars rather than canadian dollars, I assumed if it was anything other than us dollars she would has said so... As I thought cananda had a different kind of currency that wouldn't use a $ sign. Which just shows how educated I am of currencies around the world =-=;

yeah after thinking I think you're right, she wasn't very familiar and she seems keen to try and get me to pay the extra $8, but as the others said I'll wait till it gets here and see how much it actually cost. I really thought i was getting a bargain.

Well I thought since it was so high I was going to say "Just ship it without tracking and I'll pray to all the gods and hope for the best", as I just wanted tracking because my packages are going walkabout and I'm half heartedly hoping to catch the so and so that might be flogging my mail. But since all haven't arrived yet, I'm guessing they all got stuck somewhere, as i'm very vigilant with my mail and I'm pouncing on it as soon as I hear that motor coming up the street and most of the time I'm standing beside the mail box with my hands out xD

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal