collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How do you keep track of owed feedback?  (Read 1131 times)

Offline Eskara1862

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+172)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Fern Fiend
    • View Profile
    • The New Gray Mare
How do you keep track of owed feedback?
« on: May 02, 2012, 06:07:53 AM »
I've noticed several threads in Trader Support about people wanting to leave feedback, but not remembering who they owe it to.  However, I'm sure there are many more who never think to start such a thread! 

What I'm curious about is how do you keep track of who you owe feedback to? What are your tips and tricks for sales organization?

I have my own method, but it's somewhat flawed and I would love to hear what everyone else does!

KiwiSquirtBottle

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: How do you keep track of owed feedback?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 06:16:18 AM »
Typically, I tend to keep all my recieved ponies on my desk for a week or two. They're fun to play with and admire, but it also helps me look and go "Hey, I need to leave feedback for ...." I also periodically go through my Paypal to make sure everything I've paid for has arrived and that I've taken care of everything that needs taking care of. The fact that I get PMs when other people leave me feedback helps as well, as I can click through and know in less than a minute that I've left feed back for them too.

I'm super scatterbrained, so while I know feedback is important and helpful, I don't always have the chance to do it right away. Or I get distracted. Or attacked by kitties who want love when I try to type. XD Stuff happens.

On a similar vein, if you wouldn't mind leaving feedback for me when you have a chance.... XD

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 07:05:49 AM »
I print my receipts from Paypal, write what the item is and whom it was sent to or received from on it.  And I do not file it away till I make sure I have left feedback.

Now ebay I have a whole other system.  I try and pick one evening a week to dedicate to leaving feedback.  I don't always follow it because I get behind sometimes, but I try as it gets to crazy trying to leave it everyday.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Unicorn_pops

• Trade Count: (+359)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Baby and Winger Collector
    • View Profile
    • Pony Collection
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 07:13:53 AM »
I write down on my "handy dandy notepad" their username, the pony I purchased from them and when I paid.  Once I get a pony in the mail, I leave FB for them and cross out the transaction.   

Ebay it's easier since you can view a purchase history. Their I try to get on and leave it weekly.

Sale Post  My Collection  My Customs

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 07:51:11 AM »
I don't delete my PMs till I have left and recieved feedback. Now that my feedback rating is close to 40, I don't really care if I don't get feedback in return. But when an item comes in, I check through my PMs and leave feedback, then delete the PM if that person has received their item or cash also.

Sometimes people are nice enough to include a note with their username in the packet. That makes things easy. I need to remember to do that also!

Sometimes I delete my PMs on accident though, so my system is flawed.

Offline babystarz

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 09:41:54 AM »
I just go through my PM's about once every month and make sure A) I don't have any transactions where I haven't received what I paid for and B) I have left feedback for all finished transactions. Not the most precise method, but it's working so far :) I usually leave feedback for buyers once I've shipped an item, but lately I've been thinking about waiting longer just in case there's an issue once the pony is received.

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2012, 12:16:15 PM »
I look through my PMs! :)
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2012, 12:19:03 PM »
If I am doing so many transactions I can't keep track of it, I will write it down in a notebook. Name, what site (I sell on other sites), what they purchased, paypal, their email, and their zip. I also keep track of all pms / emails until the transaction is over.

Oh, and when I did my group orders, EVERYTHING got tracked in excel AND a sheet of paper-- and I cross referenced the two.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2012, 03:00:54 PM »
If I am doing so many transactions I can't keep track of it, I will write it down in a notebook. Name, what site (I sell on other sites), what they purchased, paypal, their email, and their zip. I also keep track of all pms / emails until the transaction is over.

Oh, and when I did my group orders, EVERYTHING got tracked in excel AND a sheet of paper-- and I cross referenced the two.

Oh I do the same thing. I have a notepad that I write down every user name of what Trade, Bought, Swap or  pony I purchase or transaction im involved with. I write in columns of I received, I sent, They received, They sent. I put check marks and cross people off that way. I also keep track of receipts until I contact the person and know they got the pony or ponies from me.

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2012, 04:41:35 PM »
I leave feedback immediately after the package arrives (so when I get packages I leave feedback as soon as I open them, or when  package I sent to someone else arrives and they tell me I leave feedback, assuming there are no issues of course). If buyers don't tell me or leave me feedback, I forget and neither of us get any. I know I'm owed at least a handful, but what can you do? -shrug-

Offline Eskara1862

• Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Fern Fiend
    • View Profile
    • The New Gray Mare
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2012, 10:04:58 AM »
Wow!  Lots of great tips here=)  I know I should leave feedback right away, but it's just so much easier to take care of a chunk of it at once.

My current method is probably a little too complicated.  I LOVE the new feature in our inboxes to create labels/folders.  I've created three, Inquiring, Shipped, and Awaiting Feedback.  When I respond to someone wanting to know if a pony is available, I move the PM into Inquiring.  The PM  (and any subsaqent ones) scoots over into Shipped the day I ship it. After the buyer/trader notifies me that the pony arrived, I move the PMs to Awaiting Feedback. When feedback is left, it all gets deleted.

I also have an access database of all my ponies to keep track of where they are listed.  It gets confusing listing ponies here on the Arena, my website, and Klect! I needed to come up with a way to keep from selling the same pony twice.  I recently added a field to that database to keep track of the username of who purchased it, where it was sold, and if feedback has been left or not. This database helps out a lot with keeping track of feedback.

Ponylady, I like your idea of weekly checking for what feedback to leave.  I'm heading over to Toodledo now to add that to my to-do list! And KiwiSquirtBottle, i'll get that feedback for you taken care of right now.  Thanks for the reminder  ^.^

reyl

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2012, 10:14:25 AM »
I have a text file that has detail of all the swaps and trades I'm doing on the forum, including due dates and  checkins. I put a note when I've received items, and do feedback when we've both received our parcels. Ebay is easier; once I open the box and check the contents I give feedback right away, through the purchases section.

I LOVE the new feature in our inboxes to create labels/folders.  I've created three, Inquiring, Shipped, and Awaiting Feedback.

I didn't know about that, cool!

Offline Unicorn_pops

• Trade Count: (+359)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Baby and Winger Collector
    • View Profile
    • Pony Collection
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2012, 11:05:35 AM »
And KiwiSquirtBottle, i'll get that feedback for you taken care of right now.  Thanks for the reminder  ^.^

Remember me too :) I purchased your Diamond Rose and Cherry Pie that you were nice to let me know you had, after ponyadore scammed me.

Sale Post  My Collection  My Customs

Offline Eskara1862

• Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Fern Fiend
    • View Profile
    • The New Gray Mare
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2012, 11:20:40 AM »
And KiwiSquirtBottle, i'll get that feedback for you taken care of right now.  Thanks for the reminder  ^.^

Remember me too :) I purchased your Diamond Rose and Cherry Pie that you were nice to let me know you had, after ponyadore scammed me.

Hehe, I remember;)  You and about four other people are in my Awaiting Feedback folder.  I have decided to start Feedback Fridays and take care of that every Friday.  Feedback Friday is easy for me to remember, and it looks cute on my to-do list. However, since you asked so nicely, I'll go get yours done now!

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2012, 11:25:52 AM »
I'm another who doesn't delete PMs until i have left feedback :)

I have never chased feedback though, even though it does bug me a little if someone forgets. I just feel too awkward. But I'm sure I've probably forgotten to leave feedback too at some point!

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal