collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Blind Bag Destroyers  (Read 10933 times)

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Bag Destroyers
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2012, 10:01:51 PM »
I've never even seen any blind bags in stores.  :(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2012, 10:21:15 PM »
I think everyone is rather missing the problem here. It's not people like us ripping open the bags, its CHILDREN doing it. Children running amok in the stores without any parental supervision just ripping and tearing stuff open because 5 year olds don't understand the concept of personal property or lack of ownership. When I first saw the blind bags way back when at the JCPenney outlet, the ground was literally littered with empty bags. Kids can rip them open quickly, stuff the pony in their pocket and mommy is none the wiser. If anyone is to blame here, it's people not watching their kids and just dumping them in the toy aisle while they do their other shopping.

I doubt this is true. Every time I've seen this happen the bags were all methodically opened, very neatly, and only the most sought after ponies were taken, like the sparkle ponies. That is not what you'd find if some random child just ripped open a few packs.

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2012, 11:17:33 PM »
I think everyone is rather missing the problem here. It's not people like us ripping open the bags, its CHILDREN doing it. Children running amok in the stores without any parental supervision just ripping and tearing stuff open because 5 year olds don't understand the concept of personal property or lack of ownership. When I first saw the blind bags way back when at the JCPenney outlet, the ground was literally littered with empty bags. Kids can rip them open quickly, stuff the pony in their pocket and mommy is none the wiser. If anyone is to blame here, it's people not watching their kids and just dumping them in the toy aisle while they do their other shopping.

I doubt this is true. Every time I've seen this happen the bags were all methodically opened, very neatly, and only the most sought after ponies were taken, like the sparkle ponies. That is not what you'd find if some random child just ripped open a few packs.

Agreed.  The times that I've seen blind bagged toys ripped through, it's methodical and the evidence was actually hidden behind a display case  very obviously an adult or at the very least a teenager who knew what s/he was doing.  Not a kid.

I will, however, blame the parents for the open bags of toys on the back walls of the thrift stores - because I see kids open those and the parents say nothing.
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2012, 04:39:33 AM »
My local Asdas have them but I have never seen any blind bags opened and the ponies stolen! That's quite shocking! :shocked:
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2012, 04:56:49 AM »
Working in a bookstore for 10 years as a children's bookseller, kids absolutely do open packages. Parents would leave them alone and go off and read and Lego would get opened, sticker books used, the Lego minifigs packs opened, and even games and puzzles. 
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2012, 05:00:26 AM »
I think that's disgusting behaviour really, luckily I never found any opened ones where I go to look at ponies and MH, I don't collect BB's but I can see why people like them. xxx

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2012, 07:39:30 AM »

Agreed.  The times that I've seen blind bagged toys ripped through, it's methodical and the evidence was actually hidden behind a display case  very obviously an adult or at the very least a teenager who knew what s/he was doing.  Not a kid.

I will, however, blame the parents for the open bags of toys on the back walls of the thrift stores - because I see kids open those and the parents say nothing.
In the stores I have found them in, it has always very clearly been children. Bags wrenched open and literally strewn about, a few times they even left the ponies scattered about too. It was never this methodical or calculating opening of the bags, just random ponies ripped open and thrown everywhere.

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2012, 07:55:32 AM »
I think it's a combination of THREE groups that are primarily stealing the BB's:

1) Unsupervised kids
2) Teenagers who don't have as much pocket money as they would like, and it's thrilling to steal
3) People who are aware of the resale value of certain BBs on Ebay and are checking codes as they steal

Sad... this is why we can't have nice things. 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Rarityfan2011

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2012, 08:53:32 AM »
At least that doesn't happen in my local city.

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2012, 09:19:41 AM »
In many of the cases I've seen, I can say that it's teenagers/adults certainly doing this as well. The last time I ran into opened blind bags they looked to have been sliced with a sharp edge, like an x-acto knife or pair of scissors, rather than just torn open by force. The ponies that seemed to be missing were also rarer items, as like babyblueducky observed in her scenario, the cards were still sitting inside.

I'm always shocked by how many unscrupulous people there are in my general area when it comes to toys. A few years ago, TRU had an exclusive G3 MLP set and I noticed one day that many of the exclusive ponies had been swapped out for more common ones. I've see the same with many dolls lately as well, where people buy them up, swap them out, and just return them to the store. It's ridiculous what some people will stoop to.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 09:25:06 AM by Mandy85 »

Offline Brandi

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2012, 09:25:03 AM »
Yep! Last night when I went to walmart I noticed a few bags had been ripped open with the ponies stolen from them. Why someone would want to risk going to jail over a $2 item really boggles my mind!

Moondust ,Cremello Quarter Horse = Equine love of my life

Offline FarDreamer

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • The "Mystery" Pony from Firefly's Adventure!
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Preservation Project
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2012, 03:15:11 PM »
Our walmart just restocked the W1 ponies :( They sell so fast that me personally I bought Roseluck then opened a whole bunch of bags and mainly got doubles *sigh* But thats ok :) Oncce I caught a kid of like 8-12 years old pack searching through some baseball cards, but had to leave them behind. So to teach a boy a lesson I took the 3 packs he had set aside in a hidden spot, I took them but replaced them with 3 other packs. And hid the packs on a different shelf one he couldnt reach. I told my then bf about the packs and he insisted I buy them. Come to find out they were jersey cards, each worth about $20. About a half an hr later the boy returned with his parents to "exchange" the cards. Then our distribuator quit selling to walmart for about 8 months after this incident. When they realized this child could tell what packs had what in them. It was game over for the honest buyers, who play fair and not check to see what the cards were. If I remember right his family isnt allowed in Walmart with him unsupervised.

Much like myself I grabbed like 8 - 10 bling bags tonight just randomly. I dont care what I got. I can always resell them later :)

What's wrong with this?  He just set them aside to come back for them later, he didn't steal them.  We've all done similar things.  If he figured out how to de-code the bags, that just says he's a smart kid.  I think there was a post with how to de-code the blind bag ponies awhile back.

:heart:  www.MLPpreservationproject.com  :heart:
A comprehensive resource for information on the restoration
of ponies, accessories, and playsets from all generations!

Offline Saiko

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2012, 04:25:05 PM »
Our walmart just restocked the W1 ponies :( They sell so fast that me personally I bought Roseluck then opened a whole bunch of bags and mainly got doubles *sigh* But thats ok :) Oncce I caught a kid of like 8-12 years old pack searching through some baseball cards, but had to leave them behind. So to teach a boy a lesson I took the 3 packs he had set aside in a hidden spot, I took them but replaced them with 3 other packs. And hid the packs on a different shelf one he couldnt reach. I told my then bf about the packs and he insisted I buy them. Come to find out they were jersey cards, each worth about $20. About a half an hr later the boy returned with his parents to "exchange" the cards. Then our distribuator quit selling to walmart for about 8 months after this incident. When they realized this child could tell what packs had what in them. It was game over for the honest buyers, who play fair and not check to see what the cards were. If I remember right his family isnt allowed in Walmart with him unsupervised.

Much like myself I grabbed like 8 - 10 bling bags tonight just randomly. I dont care what I got. I can always resell them later :)
:heart:

Offline CrystalCrown

• Flamez o' Justice
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • You don't need a license to drive a sandwich!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2012, 05:11:00 PM »

LOL XD
:fox: :rainbow: F is for friends who do stuff together, U is for you and me! N is for anywhere and anytime at all down here in the deep blue sea!  :frog:

seaemilyplay

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2012, 06:55:35 PM »
What do you guys mean about checking codes on blind bags? Is there a way to identify which pony is in the bag with a code printed on the bag?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal