collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Blind Bag Destroyers  (Read 10839 times)

ElusiveLily

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Blind Bag Destroyers
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2012, 07:03:15 PM »
Oncce I caught a kid of like 8-12 years old pack searching through some baseball cards, but had to leave them behind. So to teach a boy a lesson I took the 3 packs he had set aside in a hidden spot, I took them but replaced them with 3 other packs. And hid the packs on a different shelf one he couldnt reach. I told my then bf about the packs and he insisted I buy them. Come to find out they were jersey cards, each worth about $20. About a half an hr later the boy returned with his parents to "exchange" the cards. Then our distribuator quit selling to walmart for about 8 months after this incident. When they realized this child could tell what packs had what in them. It was game over for the honest buyers, who play fair and not check to see what the cards were. If I remember right his family isnt allowed in Walmart with him unsupervised.

I'm not understanding the issue here. I decode blind bags every time I go to Wal-Mart. An honest buyer is someone who actually PAYS for their product and doesn't rip it open and pocket the item. So what if I know what's in the bag? I say as long as people aren't stealing the items, then it shouldn't matter whether they know what's in the packages. 

Offline Prince Primbrose

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Quit horsin around!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2012, 07:17:23 PM »
What do you guys mean about checking codes on blind bags? Is there a way to identify which pony is in the bag with a code printed on the bag?
I have never seen a blind bag myself, so I am only going by what I know from the internet. But there are apparently numbers imprinted on the bag, I believe at the top, which tell you which pony is in the bag. Depending on which wave the bag is, you can figure out which pony the number corresponds to and get the ones you want.

Offline mshesha

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • G1 convert
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2012, 07:37:02 PM »
I'm always looking for the glitter ones (by number). The TRUs employees always ask me "can I help you"? When they see I'm not opening them, they leave me alone...I have no shame :devious:

Offline Prince Primbrose

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Quit horsin around!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2012, 07:55:33 PM »
I'm always looking for the glitter ones (by number). The TRUs employees always ask me "can I help you"? When they see I'm not opening them, they leave me alone...I have no shame :devious:

Lol, I think as long as they see that they're still making some profit off of you... they really have nothing to complain about. Although I'm sure it's still awkward to find one watching you pick out blind bags to make sure you're a paying customer. :silly:

Offline Jenn77

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2012, 07:59:26 PM »
Is their a way to look them up by code so you know who is in the bag? I didn't know this and I have no shame in saying if their is I will use it to see who is in the bag. I won't care that the people that work at the stores will look at me like I am nuts :blink: . Nope, won't bother me a bit..LoL :lol:
Calypso by~ Corona

Calypso by~ Brightberry

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Prince Primbrose

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Quit horsin around!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2012, 08:04:06 PM »
Is their a way to look them up by code so you know who is in the bag? I didn't know this and I have no shame in saying if their is I will use it to see who is in the bag. I won't care that the people that work at the stores will look at me like I am nuts :blink: . Nope, won't bother me a bit..LoL :lol:
As far as I know, these numbers on Strawberry Reef are accurate!

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2012, 08:17:10 PM »
I hate that! The worst is that people just steal them. I remember when I was looking for the whole set I was so excited to find a box with blind bags in it only to see that only one still had a pony. The rest the ponies had been taken out and only the card remained. :(
~Foxtale~

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2012, 08:27:36 PM »
Oncce I caught a kid of like 8-12 years old pack searching through some baseball cards, but had to leave them behind. So to teach a boy a lesson I took the 3 packs he had set aside in a hidden spot, I took them but replaced them with 3 other packs. And hid the packs on a different shelf one he couldnt reach. I told my then bf about the packs and he insisted I buy them. Come to find out they were jersey cards, each worth about $20. About a half an hr later the boy returned with his parents to "exchange" the cards. Then our distribuator quit selling to walmart for about 8 months after this incident. When they realized this child could tell what packs had what in them. It was game over for the honest buyers, who play fair and not check to see what the cards were. If I remember right his family isnt allowed in Walmart with him unsupervised.

That was absolutely terrible of you!!! If there is a way to identify what is in a blind bag item, there is NOTHING wrong with someone purchasing it because it contains they need/want!!! He probably collects them and needed those ones. I bet that poor little boy was crushed. Maybe that was a special gift for him from his parents and you ruined it. The fact that he's not allowed to be unsupervised in Wal-Mart now is totally insane!!! I'm shocked right now. He did nothing wrong!!

MLP collectors identify blind bags so they can purchase what they want all the time. Not everyone can throw away money to buy extras, and most people won't when there is a very easy way to identify which bag contains which item. If people are buying them and not ripping them open, who cares if they know what's inside or not? I cannot believe you would imply that people who check codes put there by the manufacturers are horrible, cheating people and not honest buyers who "play fair".

And what did you do with those cards? Sell them on eBay yourself? Obviously you're not a baseball card collector and only bought them because that little boy wanted them. :/

Betelgeuse

« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2012, 09:15:03 PM »
I don't even have blind bags where I live but there's people abusing the privilege... uggg.

Offline lemontwist

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2012, 09:53:23 PM »
Decoding the bag numbers is fine, ripping them open is not. People always, always, always find ways to identify "blind" items like that, and companies know it.

I think it's silly to say it's wrong to find out which items are which using the numbers. Especially for those of us who only want specific ones and can't afford to buy handfuls at a time to find one little item or pay shipping/profit money to online sellers for them. If you're not ripping the bag open in the middle of the store to find out which one it is, what's the problem? That just makes you both smart, and considerate towards others who will want whatever pony you're not tearing into.
Sales - Pony and Doll Wishlist!

Margos

« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2012, 10:12:23 PM »
Ripping the bag open is just....  Ugh, I don't understand why anyone would do such a thing....

The serial numbers, though, is understandable.  I went to Walmart without knowing them, and had a limited budget.  Seduced by their low prices, I bought 5 blind bags.  Turned out I already had three of them.  My little brother's gain; my loss.  He's happy with them... but still, if I had known the serial numbers, I could have either saved $6 or at least spent them on something I actually wanted :P

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2012, 02:25:47 AM »
What do you guys mean about checking codes on blind bags? Is there a way to identify which pony is in the bag with a code printed on the bag?

If you check out the right hand column of this page of MyLittleWiki it details how to find the codes on the bags and what each of the codes mean

http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/G4_Blind_Bag_Ponies
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline mshesha

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • G1 convert
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2012, 02:54:35 AM »

If you check out the right hand column of this page of MyLittleWiki it details how to find the codes on the bags and what each of the codes mean

http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/G4_Blind_Bag_Ponies
Actually, those are the old blind bag numbers. Check these out: 

20415 - Pinkie Pie
 20425 - Applejack

20435 - Rainbow Dash
 20445 - Rarity
 20455 - Twilight Sparkle
 20465 - Fluttershy
 20475 - Sugar Grape
 20485 - Lily Blossom
 20495 - Minty
 21405 - Bumblesweet
 21415 - Fizzy Pop
 21425 - Flower Wishes
 21435 - Roseluck
 21445 - Sweetie Blue
 21455 - Pepperdance
 21465 - Lemon Hearts
 21475 - Cherry Spices
 21485 - Sweetie Swirl
 21495 - Lucky Swirl
 22405 - Sweetcream Scoops
 22415 - Firecracker Burst
 22425 - Pinkie Pie (Special Edition)
 22435 - Twilight Sparkle (Special Edition)
 22445 - Rainbow Dash (Special Edition)

[Link removed - apologies ~ hathorcat]
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 03:06:57 AM by hathorcat »

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2012, 03:07:37 AM »
I think the numbers still match up though dont they? Just that you have to ignore the first, third and fifth numbers in the sequence...I may be wrong!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline mercynova

• NSS Buttons
  • Trade Count: (+91)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2012, 08:08:39 AM »
Urgh, it happens here too. The other day I took a load of Dolly Mix ponies to the till without really looking at the packets and nearly ended up buying five empty ones. The woman at the counter put it down to little children... well I'm not so sure about that.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal