collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 3 Yr old. Bday Ideas  (Read 577 times)

Offline Badjuju86

• Voodoo Pony
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • G1 Collector - Always searching!
    • View Profile
    • Studio JujuB.
3 Yr old. Bday Ideas
« on: April 30, 2012, 11:10:38 AM »
So me and my sister are planning my nephew's 3 year birthday party. Its not till december mind you but we are trying to get some fun ideas. I thought why not ask the girls n guys of the arena! they are creative a bunch. Here's the theme " Carnival ' so what games ,  colors and fun things  o you think we should try.

We already have one carnnie ride for rent, a jump house, food and wild looking tables. Least I havet seen them yet but my sister is pre-ordering them ahead of time so we have them.

Keep in mind these are toddlers and parents. So think of things not only for the children but games and crafts our parents can get invovled with in on the fun to! Cant wait to hear what you guys come up with.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 11:13:27 AM by Badjuju86 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Looking to buy G1's - Click to view

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
Re: 3 Yr old. Bday Ideas
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 12:16:54 PM »
Face paint.  XD  You might also think to look on google for "carnival themed birthday"

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 12:42:18 PM »
You can get paper plates, construction paper, and markers to make simple animal masks.  Maybe come up with a simple dance step to a fun song and teach it to everyone to perform towards the end.

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 01:13:56 PM »
Oriental Trading Company has a lot of cute things that might fit your theme.

The duck game! 

http://www.orientaltrading.com/cute-weighted-ducks-a2-51_184.fltr?prodCatId=388920&tabId=1

Pick up a duck from the wading pool, win a small prize according to the # on the duck.

A spin-off of that is a "fishing" game where an adult puts a prize on the fishing pole string that a kid sticks over a cardboard wall.

This tent is 52.00 and fits 25 children!

http://www.orientaltrading.com/big-top-canopy-tent-a2-62_5.fltr?prodCatId=388920&tabId=1

This inflatable octopus ring toss game is adorable.

http://www.orientaltrading.com/inflatable-smiling-octopus-ring-toss-a2-49_219.fltr?prodCatId=388920&tabId=1

More ideas: face-painting, a cake walk (fun for the parents!),  a pinata.

Why not a craft table with some crayons and coloring pages?

Start here:  http://www.freecoloringpagefun.com/misc/carnival/carnival1.shtml

Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 01:21:10 PM »
Clowns. Carnivals need clowns.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2012, 03:23:59 PM »
We did a carnival themed party for my 7 yr old son and 3 yr old daughter.

Kids and parents had a blast.

Ring toss
bean bag toss
knock down the bottle
pull back car races
Balloon guy
ball toss
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2012, 05:07:43 PM »
Just know 3 year olds can only handle things in short periods of time so...try to plan activities that don't last long and have instant gratification...art projects...hmmmm I think I would avoid that...and do active (motor skill) things instead.  I was terrified of clowns and would cry if anyone tried to paint on my face or come up to me in a costume.  So.....just know there is one like me in every group lol.  Teresat has the perfect group of activities there for a 3 year old. You can always modify them so that they are successful and make sure that every child is a winner.
If you want to do art the only suggestion I would say  is appropriate for a group party would be to cover a long table with paper...I mean the entire top of the  table is covered with paper and have large toddler sized crayons there for them to color where they want anywhere on the table.( be sure to tape it to the table well with packing tape.  This fosters creativity and is fun for them to create their own lines and color combinations.  This is a better choice for new 3's because many have not quite mastered the fine motor skills of holding paper while coloring or coloring in lines which distracts them from their own creative drawing. Use blank paper you can get at a teachers supply on those long rolls.  Use white.  I am a pre-k teacher and have taught 3's...they love this.  I say use large crayons rather than skinny crayons as they are easier for 3's to hold.  The other thing is you don't want to use markers at a party (for 3's) for one reason..they will marker themselves and each other and that will frustrate parents.  What ever you do...do not use paint.  I was teaching 3 year olds and my assistant came in on dress up in your Easter dress day with paint for the kids. The parents had a heart attack and I was livid.  Some events are just not good for paints and markers. LOL
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 05:24:12 PM by tulagirl »

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal