collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony quality.  (Read 5484 times)

Offline babystarz

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Pony quality.
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2012, 11:45:52 AM »
I think my fashion style ponies are of higher quality than the smaller brushables. They do sometimes have surface dirt, but not the symbol or eye scuffs or glue in the hair that plagues the brushables
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2012, 11:48:35 AM »
I have a dozen or so g4s including FS and I hadn't had any complaints that would stop me from buying more.  they are such fun and adorable!

distribution and releases on the other hand, have me flummoxed!

SheRa-dude

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2012, 11:50:05 AM »
Other than a slight discoloration between head and body, I've had no problems with their quality. But I tend to be picky and carefully inspect every package in stores... (...I'm going to end up on stores' fun/blooper hidden security camera reel during personnel parties - guaranteed...)

Offline Sonata

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shop
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2012, 01:09:55 PM »
The most horrible thing is that I will have to buy the ones I want online, which makes me itch a bit, not knowing how they will be and not being able to inspect the boxes before buy... I think I'll just have to wait and hope for the best *sigh*

Other than a slight discoloration between head and body, I've had no problems with their quality. But I tend to be picky and carefully inspect every package in stores... (...I'm going to end up on stores' fun/blooper hidden security camera reel during personnel parties - guaranteed...)

And this made me laugh xD

Offline gabumon

• Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2012, 09:22:49 AM »
I finally caved on Ploomette.  But I have a quality question:  The plastic "ends" of her wings that connect to her body seem to have lighter "stress" marks.  Do ALL of the Glimmer wings have those... or just mine?

(this is me trying to also not mention her head mismatched color...)

Offline BrightIdea

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2012, 10:02:38 AM »
I would just go for it. Easter/Spring Fluttershy is absolutely beautiful, and probably my most favourite pony. Pinkie Pie (fashion style) is adorable, too.

To date, I own all the fashion style ponies, and have not had any quality issues.

Brushables however, maybe 3 out of 100 have a defect for me.  Head/body matching is not very bad at all and only tends to affect purple ponies. The ponies heads and bodies are a different type of plastic, so of course they aren't going to match perfectly.

The main problems I have found are with eye offsets and smears to eyes and cutie marks. I have a Rainbow Dash with terribly offset eyes, a Cheerilee with a very smudged cutie mark, and a Plumsweet with a smudged eye. I know they are messed up, but they are really not that bad,  I love them anyway.

One more thing, fashion styles tend to be a bit thinner in the plastic than the brushables, and my husband fell on Rarity and dented her a bit, lol. She looks ok though, the walls of plastic are just a bit thinner on them, so I think the Fashion Styles are less durable.

Offline TimeDance

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2012, 10:33:57 AM »
I've always thought the G4s just look a little on the cheap side either way. Despite my love for FiM and the characters, I've not really wanted to get any of the toys. They look like happy meal toys to me compared to the G3s and the G1s. Even on display as a collection they look less than impressive to me.

The Fashion Styles, though. I passed them in the store and had to stop and oogle. They are so adorable. Though their size makes them look more preschool but... I'm totally finagling one in a trade so I'm at least no paying money for it. LOL

And some of the normal G4 customs I've seen actually transformed those little toys into something that looks super nice. Those made me want to get at least one to carry around with me for fun. And if it gets lots or damaged it wouldn't be that big of a deal.

Offline TokiBear

• Wibbly Wobbly, Timey Wimey
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • We're all stories in the end...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2012, 01:14:37 PM »
I've had a few quality issues myself... namely glue in tails on my glimmer wings... I just recently bought three of the luggage ponies (Rarity, RD, and Fluttershy) and they are the best ponies I've ever had my hands on.  Their hair is so silky and soft and there is just something better about their bodies... I don't know what it is but they just feel so much better.  All of my other ponies have fairly dry hair... not frizzy just rough to the touch but these ladies... their hair is PERFECT. 

I also have all but one of the FS ponies and they are definitely a higher quality that the little ones.  If there were more of them, I would just collect them because they are great.  Their hair is so much softer than their tiny counterparts. 

Offline gabumon

• Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2012, 01:17:32 PM »
I've had a few quality issues myself... namely glue in tails on my glimmer wings... I just recently bought three of the luggage ponies (Rarity, RD, and Fluttershy) and they are the best ponies I've ever had my hands on.  Their hair is so silky and soft and there is just something better about their bodies... I don't know what it is but they just feel so much better.  All of my other ponies have fairly dry hair... not frizzy just rough to the touch but these ladies... their hair is PERFECT. 

I also have all but one of the FS ponies and they are definitely a higher quality that the little ones.  If there were more of them, I would just collect them because they are great.  Their hair is so much softer than their tiny counterparts. 

Wow!  Nice to hear about the luggage ponies.  Maybe Hasbro has recently improved their QA?  :)

I have a early release playful Rarity and she is just FABULOUS! her hair is soft, but it's also thick and voluptuous! (can I SAY that???)

Still wondering if anyone else has Glimmer wing ponies with plastic stress marks...

Offline TokiBear

• Wibbly Wobbly, Timey Wimey
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • We're all stories in the end...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2012, 01:34:26 PM »
Wow!  Nice to hear about the luggage ponies.  Maybe Hasbro has recently improved their QA?  :)

Still wondering if anyone else has Glimmer wing ponies with plastic stress marks...

That's what I was thinking gabumon... maybe they are improving quality with these new runs... crossing my fingers that's what they are and not just flukes.

I also just checked all of my Glimmer Wings and none of them have any kind of stress mark on their wings.  They're all pretty much just flat, smooth plastic... maybe someone else will have checked theirs too.

Offline BrightIdea

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2012, 01:50:14 PM »
@gabumon, I have no stress marks on my glimmer wings. Maybe because they are fresh, and were made recently? I am not sure.

Offline gabumon

• Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2012, 01:51:15 PM »
okay, thanks for the info BI and TB. 

Inkblot

« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2012, 02:41:24 PM »
I haven't had too much quality trouble with my ponies. The only major flaws I can think of are glue in my Cherry Pie's tail, a Rainbow Dash with a bent leg, and a scratch on Dewdrop Dazzle's eye. And there's the body/head color mismatch from time to time as well.

Offline Cadence

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • The Polyglot Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2012, 06:15:21 PM »
I just bought my first G4 pony - a luggage Applejack!
There's a shiny/rough patch near her cutie mark; it's probably extra glue or gloss. :S And you can tell the mould wasn't perfectly smooth. But her hair is - it's so silky! :good:

The head colour is only slightly off from her body, which is made of a harder, shinier plastic.
(Are all brushable ponies like this?) But from afar, it's not noticeable. I'm hoping the colours won't change in the next few years though... lol.
 || Sig by LunaCat || :fox: :heart:

Offline Rainbow-Starlight

• Fakie!
  • YES!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2012, 08:32:17 PM »
I've noticed some errors with G4 toys and wondered if others had similar ones too. The worst by far is actually on my Fashion Style Twilight Sparkle. One of the eyes has a ridiculous scratch, almost like a cut. Like somepony took a sharp object and scratched at it repeatedly.  :(

Then there are smaller things. Some of the toys eyes don't line up properly. Some of them are obviously off the mark they were meant to be placed on. Some of my McDonald's ones have paint in the wrong places, but they ARE Happy Meal toys.

Also, Rarity gets dirty amazingly easily. I washed her with soap and water, yet the marks still won't come off.  :cry:  I'm not even sure how they got there. At first I thought my hands were dirty, but I'm a bit of an obsessive hand washer, so how could that be? The other white ponies aren't as bad, probably because Rarity was my first pony toy.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal