collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: HASBRO's New TROLL-IFICATION Policy!  (Read 6953 times)

SheRa-dude

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: HASBRO's New TROLL-IFICATION Policy!
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2012, 01:21:14 PM »
Brushing the hair?

Yep... But in an attempt to make boy ponies less girly and appeal to a larger mass, I can understand why Hasbro would move away from the brushable hair for boys.  I'm not saying that it makes genuine sense; just saying that IMO, Hasbro's vision is as follows: Brushable=girly, Non-brushable=boyish.

But, like I said in a previous post: I'm OK with the non-brushable troll hair, Hasbro, but at least make it good and worth its bucks...
Shining Armor's tail is a poor excuse for troll hair on pony....

Dyzarktarzk

« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2012, 01:29:48 PM »
I hate troll hair ;_;  (And trolls in general, they scare me)

I just hope is a once time in SA case... but if they're planning on releasing more boys (and I really hope they will), please bring back the amazing soft and smooth hair!

G1 BB hare amazing hair, they could just give a new hair do to the males instead on that troll hair (eyeing my mohawk'd Tex that is really handsome).  Short manes, yes, also short tails (but not THAT short), but not troll hair!

I don't like being trolled by the makers of our ponies ¬¬X

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2012, 01:31:45 PM »
I don't really understand that reasoning, though. Does Hasbro thinks kids care more about their toys looking "extra-masculine" than actually being fun to play with? I never got that...as a kid, I hated toys of male characters that didn't have brushable hair, and it was a big factor in why I didn't want them. I loved that the Big Brothers had brushable hair!

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2012, 01:33:21 PM »
I totally get it, Seabreeze...and that could very well be the case.  You're also right about that tail.  It's pretty lame LOL

Elisto...since when do big companies do things that make sense!  XD
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline BigBrotherPony

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2012, 01:43:14 PM »
And it's also funny that Mattel have gone the other way, all there boy dolls like Ken etc all have Real brushable hair now.... whereas when I was little he had molded hair!

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2012, 01:43:59 PM »
I'm not a fan of the troll hair. Why can't the boys have the same hair, only a bit shorter? I mean, they're built different (the boys are bulkier and have different shaped hooves and jawlines than the girls) enough where there's really no need for different hair to tell apart the males and females.

Lon-san

« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2012, 03:20:36 PM »
Who knows, maybe by next year, they'll get rid of all nylon hair for ponies altogether and just replace it with troll hair just to save budget. lol jk I hope that doesn't happen. >,<; I hate the troll hair. Was basically why I hated Shining armor mostly to begin with. Not to mention the very sharp, angular shaped head.

Has anyone dehaired their Shining armor? I heard that they didn't plug him but carved a wide slit and glued the hair in.

http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,294090.msg164121.html#msg164121

^ TA-DA. The groove is about 1.5mm deep, BTW. Clicking each photo takes you to the Flickr page with more info.

I wonder if it would be possible to glue a strip of that stuff on in place of his original hair.

If that's what strikes your fancy? Totally possible. See the Flickr photos for info on how the tail works.

Offline Juri

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • The Revolutionary Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2012, 06:41:04 PM »
ahh I havent thought about trolls for so long! I agree I hate the hair on ponies :(

Offline mayanbutterfly

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+146)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Mayanbutterfly's Custom My Little Ponies and More!
« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2012, 06:47:11 PM »
I didn't like Shining Armor's hair until someone said his mom must be a perfume puff pony, and then I liked it because I love the PP ponies!  However, I would like boys with brushable hair too!

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2012, 07:09:44 PM »
I really miss the brushability
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 08:43:23 PM by gabumon »

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2012, 07:23:03 PM »
A perfume Puff pony.   :lmao:  That's awesome.  Though rather undignified for a boy.

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2012, 10:47:52 PM »
Who knows, maybe by next year, they'll get rid of all nylon hair for ponies altogether and just replace it with troll hair just to save budget. lol jk I hope that doesn't happen. >,<; I hate the troll hair. Was basically why I hated Shining armor mostly to begin with. Not to mention the very sharp, angular shaped head.

Has anyone dehaired their Shining armor? I heard that they didn't plug him but carved a wide slit and glued the hair in.

http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,294090.msg164121.html#msg164121

^ TA-DA. The groove is about 1.5mm deep, BTW. Clicking each photo takes you to the Flickr page with more info.

I wonder if it would be possible to glue a strip of that stuff on in place of his original hair.

If that's what strikes your fancy? Totally possible. See the Flickr photos for info on how the tail works.

Thank you for that! I can imagine a child tugging on the hair slightly and then pull out the whole hair.
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 30, 2012, 12:47:39 AM »
If they were gonna go all troll hair, they likely would have made Princess Cadence with the troll hair too. So hopefully it's just a one time deal.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Dyzarktarzk

Re: HASBRO\'s New TROLL-IFICATION Policy!
« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2012, 12:31:21 PM »

That's... a scary thought.  A pony with a haircut isn't that big problem for me, because -for me- that means that some kid really played with it a lot.  But... pulling apart the hair?  I'm not sure if any kid will still want to play with a pony that no longer has hair =S

(But thinking at trift stores and bald ponies and the loose faux fur hair is funny in a strange way XD )

Thank you for that! I can imagine a child tugging on the hair slightly and then pull out the whole hair.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 12:33:59 PM by Dyzarktarzk »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal