collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Southeast Pony Meet! (Georgia, US)  (Read 20219 times)

Offline kCherry

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+244)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • *-* Smart Doll Obsessed *-*
    • View Profile
    • Studio 7th Sanctuary is now on Facebook
Re: Interest in a meet in Georgia, US
« Reply #120 on: July 03, 2012, 04:42:16 AM »
October 6th works for me. Now I'm going to have to change my siggie banner! :D MNN, you cool with me making my own using Lil Peach? I will, of course, credit you for the lineart. ;)

OT, I STILL have not found anyone to get the Fair exclusive for me. :huh: If any of you lovely ponies can help me out I can Paypal you some cash tonight!!

*makes puppy dog eyes
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Etsy shop O Ponies *** My Youtube Channel

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #121 on: July 03, 2012, 10:13:27 AM »
And about having kids there, that is a really hard thing to know :( If it was up to me, I would have no problem with her bringing her girls, which I'm sure are dolls. However some people aren't as comfortable having kids around their ponies :( We had kids last year and it was just fine, but I have no idea! It really just depends on how everyone else feels about it :) I will be sure to get that cleared up!

Last year I was probably the one person who expressed being most uncomfortable with having kids around, but when I got there and saw that the kids present were well behaved, I felt like I had over-reacted in my prior anxiety. Amy's kids actually wanted to come along last year, too, but I had thought that we were trying to limit having children around, so they didn't come. Of course, if the consensus is that we should have no kids there, I will support that completely.

Amy might just bring her older child, anyway (who will be eleven or twelve at the time of the meet). Her younger child is actually a boy who is interested in ponies. :) He's one of the sweetest kids I've ever met, which, coming from me, is definitely saying something because I'm usually uncomfortable around kids. :D

Offline kCherry

• *Arena VIP*
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 03, 2012, 12:48:16 PM »
On the subject of kids here are my two-cents: It was my BFF would brought her two girls last year. They are well behaved children who I personally trusted enough to bring along. I am more than happy to visit with children who are behaved but I have a very low tolerance for any child who is Not well-behaved. In short, I say that if the parent can say "Yes, I have good children" then they should be welcomed. If the parent cannot in good conscience make this statement then they should leave the kids at home.

And here is a lil C&Ping from our Facebook group for those who don't do the FB thing:

MNN: I just wanted to welcome all of the new people who've joined the group! The actual date for the meet is still being decided, however I am pretty sure it will be October 6th :) I will be getting tallies on tables and other such things closer to the date. Anyone is welcome to suggest any games or other fun things we could do at the meet! :)

Cherry: I'd love to have a customs contest, but I don't think we have more than a couple customizers in the group right now. :P I be happy to do a custom demonstration if anypony would be interested in seeing a custom come to life in person. What about a coloring contest or a name that pony game? I'll have to pull out my old MLP Fair 'Schedule of Events' and see if we could mimic them on a smaller scale. :)

MNN: Ahh I would looove to see a demonstration! I'm still not brave enough to take the plunge into customizing. lol x3 This year will be much better than last year I'm sure! :D I think we'll be having a good few new people! :)

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 03, 2012, 01:21:23 PM »
If there are any customizers coming, and if they were willing, I think a mini customizing workshop would be awesome! I have a rerooting tool and a couple of baits but I've yet to take the plunge.

As for kids...  as long as the parents' are in charge of their kids and don't let them run amok, I'm totally fine with having kids at the meet. I was at a doll meet up once, and someone brought her 2 young boys. They were loud, had grabby hands, and kept snatching wigs off the dolls. I told them very nicely that that wasn't nice to do to the dollies, and their mother jumped down my throat saying it wasn't my business to discipline her children. Well, she sure as heck wasn't doing it!
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=366243.new#new

my want list, looking for unicorns!

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #124 on: July 03, 2012, 03:50:31 PM »
on the subject of kids....they make me really uncomfortable.
Oct 6th I can probably do! Really excited to go this year :)
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

Offline apanda0622

• Trade Count: (+177)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 03, 2012, 04:14:08 PM »
I'm not wild about having kids either but the two last year were very well behaved.

This year, me & MN plan to setup a table to sign in, collect a fee (for renting out the clubhouse)--there might be a reduced price for kids, assign tables, and give out name tags.  We want to get all of this out of the way before people start bringing in their items.

We are also going to ask for people to let us know how many tables they need before the meet, so we can set them up before everyone comes on that day.

Just trying to make it more organized!

PS Anyone into Monster High coming?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 04:33:29 PM by apanda0622 »

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 06, 2012, 05:29:54 AM »
As for kids...  as long as the parents' are in charge of their kids and don't let them run amok, I'm totally fine with having kids at the meet. I was at a doll meet up once, and someone brought her 2 young boys. They were loud, had grabby hands, and kept snatching wigs off the dolls. I told them very nicely that that wasn't nice to do to the dollies, and their mother jumped down my throat saying it wasn't my business to discipline her children. Well, she sure as heck wasn't doing it!

Wow, that's so not cool. I think we're a small enough group that that sort of behavior won't be tolerated. That's exactly why I'm afraid of kids, though! So many parents don't teach their children to be respectful, and kids like that should not be brought to adult events. :(

PS Anyone into Monster High coming?

I'm totally into Monster High. :D Also, I like the idea of making a sign-in table and getting everything organized like that. It should make everything much easier. :)

Offline kCherry

• *Arena VIP*
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 06, 2012, 12:30:25 PM »
Uh-oh. I just found out today that vertefae and I have a conflict on Oct 6th- that's when my old and her current Air Guard unit is having their annual get together. I didn't make it last year and may be fleeced if I don't show this year. :huh:

*sigh*

Offline MonstarNomNom

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #128 on: July 06, 2012, 01:46:22 PM »
Well, as long as everyone is okay with hang children and they're well behaved I see no problem in bringing them! I love kids personally :heart: This year will definitely be more organized than last year!

Oh no, Cherry! That is no good ;( Picking a date is sooo difficult. ;~;

And I am in Florida now at my hotel! :D anyone who wants to meet up let me knowww! I would love to see everyone there! I know I'll be meeting with Brightglow and keikokukien ;D
:heart: My Etsy~My Facebook Page~Wishlist~IG:@perfumepuffprincess :heart:

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 07, 2012, 08:02:06 PM »
And I am in Florida now at my hotel! :D anyone who wants to meet up let me knowww! I would love to see everyone there! I know I'll be meeting with Brightglow and keikokukien ;D

I'm so jealous! Really, really really. How often will we get opportunities to go to the fair so close to home? The only reason I'm not there myself is because I made arrangements to pet sit for someone during this time before I knew when the fair was. :(

Have fun, though, and tell us all about it!

Offline Brightglowpony

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 17, 2012, 07:04:09 PM »
Giving this a bump!!  It was great to see some of you at the fair   :happy:
Wishlist
Thank you to Witch for my stunning avatar!

Offline svleonard

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 17, 2012, 07:08:28 PM »
Is there really going to be a pony meet in Georgia?  Where?  I live in Atlanta and would be VERY interested in coming! :)

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 17, 2012, 07:36:35 PM »
i'll have to check this out.  would love to go.  if i can convince mom to drive XD  depending on where in ga maybe i can convince her to go vist relatives ^^

Offline Brightglowpony

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 17, 2012, 08:30:58 PM »
Yes, there will definitely be a meet!  We had one last year, and everyone had such a good time we can't wait for another :D   MonstarNomNom is hosting it and it will be around the Lawrenceville area :)  I hope you both can can make it.  There is a facebook group too, I think MNN added a link to it on the first page of this thread :)
Wishlist
Thank you to Witch for my stunning avatar!

Offline svleonard

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 17, 2012, 10:47:26 PM »
Buck yeah!  Only a half hour from chez moi! :lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal