collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: MLP market EBay  (Read 876 times)

angela22

• Trade Count: (0)
MLP market EBay
« on: April 20, 2012, 04:00:27 PM »
Is it just me, or has the market for MLP on EBay crashed lately? Is it just an off season, or what? Or maybe just my imagination? I was considering selling a few ponies on ebay but after going through completed listings for a bit, I was shocked at how many listed ponies (even great deals) weren't picked up.

What's the deal?

Offline knitgirl

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: MLP market EBay
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 04:10:00 PM »
I think it really depends on the pony.  Which ones did you plan on selling?

Offline babystarz

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 04:16:58 PM »
I think it's just a normal reaction to the Tax Season surge. Prices were inflated beyond belief, people were getting into bidding wars over Cotton Candy, etc. and now I think everyone is out of tax refund money and pricing is finding its way back to equilibrium. I bet things will tick up a little again at the beginning of next month, but certainly not to the dizzying heights they were at two weeks ago.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

amylynnamylynn

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 04:42:08 PM »
I have noticed the same thing.  Last month I did better on eBay than this month.  Same thing with my Antique Mall booth, I've made a third of what I made last month.  Everyone keeps telling me that its because everyone's out of town for Spring Break and such.

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 07:46:55 PM »
Yeah, spring months after tax season ends are a low. I'm still looking at ebay for some deals sometimes!
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

KiwiSquirtBottle

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 07:49:11 PM »
Tax season is winding down, and people are starting to spend more time out-of-doors because of good weather. It's a trend we're seeing at my retail store, too. ♥

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2012, 09:02:59 PM »
I have noticed the same thing.  Last month I did better on eBay than this month.  Same thing with my Antique Mall booth, I've made a third of what I made last month.  Everyone keeps telling me that its because everyone's out of town for Spring Break and such.

If I lived in NY you'd probably be selling your ponies a lot quicker! XD
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Clipper

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+122)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Clipper
    • View Profile
    • Clipper's Sail
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2012, 10:17:46 PM »
i've noticed that too prices have dropped. but i think its mainly a focus on g4's rite now and also people are prob saving money for the fair??

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2012, 08:49:34 AM »
Pony prices are always going to wildly fluctuate...yes during US tax season and before Christmas they will be a little higher and often in the height of summer and during holiday periods they drop. But thats probably about as much of a "pattern" [kind of!] that you are going to get. I do think many ponies have dropped in price from the highs of 4 or 5 years ago but likewise there are some who have either held their own or increased.

I would guess the currently slightly under average prices are just due to Easter holidays and the end of US tax season.

Personally for me ponies are always "expensive" when I am buying and "cheap" when I am selling... :P  but that could be Murphy and his law making causing me some issues.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal