collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Dose Filly Princess count as a fakie?  (Read 4070 times)

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
Re: Dose Filly Princess count as a fakie?
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2012, 03:34:20 PM »
I guess that's your choice. I think the term fakie has been used for years for the ponies that are copies of MLP, those made with the illegal and sold molds. 

I see Filly Princess at Target all the time.
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2012, 03:57:08 PM »
Personally, I consider any non-Hasbro, non-realistic, pastel/rainbow colored plastic ponies to be fakies, regardless of quality.   Because Hasbro really was the first, the very first, to put pony + bubbly body + unrealistic colors together, as far as I know.   I think even the Lisa Frank unicorns came after the debut of MLP.

Of course by now the idea is mainstream, but when I was growing up it was always a choice between "Hasbro ponies" and "those other ones."   So I understand that some people judge fakies by quality, but to me any non-Hasbro fantasy, (presumed to be) sapient pony is a fakie.

As far as the Filly Princess ponies go--super cute, but definitely copying G3 IMO.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2012, 04:00:38 PM »
I use the term fakie for anything not MLP, but for me, it doesn't always mean they're of poor quality.

I love Filly Princess, but I love the original Filly series more. I have a couple of plushies, as well as a magazine from France. They're very popular near me too.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline gemini_pony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2012, 04:02:48 PM »
Personally, I consider any non-Hasbro, non-realistic, pastel/rainbow colored plastic ponies to be fakies, regardless of quality.   Because Hasbro really was the first, the very first, to put pony + bubbly body + unrealistic colors together, as far as I know.   I think even the Lisa Frank unicorns came after the debut of MLP.

Of course by now the idea is mainstream, but when I was growing up it was always a choice between "Hasbro ponies" and "those other ones."   So I understand that some people judge fakies by quality, but to me any non-Hasbro fantasy, (presumed to be) sapient pony is a fakie.

As far as the Filly Princess ponies go--super cute, but definitely copying G3 IMO.

Not sure about their unicorns but the Lisa Frank company was founded in 1979

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2012, 04:52:45 PM »
Ah the The Tragic Life of Lisa Frank  (**JOKE VIDEO)

I can see how they're copying G3.
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal