collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Yet another new doll! [Pic heavy]  (Read 1585 times)

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
Yet another new doll! [Pic heavy]
« on: April 16, 2012, 05:27:56 PM »
And now I am officially out of money and things to sell to get money. xD

Anyways, I found a pre-loved Hayden and Clover set on Amazon for $25 with shipping. Every other set of them I could find was $70-150, so I decided to go for it while I had a few extra bucks. I didn't get to see any photos beforehand, but they were listed as "in lightly played with condition". Clearly the seller and I have very different idea of what that actually means.

I don't know what I expected from Hayden, but I honestly thought I had the wrong doll. Her hair was such a nightmare I didn't recognize her. After a long fight to get the damn thing off, I discovered her head had been cut open and glued back, as if she was owned by a collector (I saw this last). Her shoes were a total nightmare to take off, and I was terrified I was going to break her. She's not wearing them again.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Clover, however, was in worse condition. He's got scratches, stains, and paint rubs. His bridle was very hard to get off, and seems impossible to put back on. I spent about half an hour combing his hair out, but it looks lovely now. I can overlook his flaws, only one or two really bug me, as I'm just thrilled to have him. Not only do  the Liv horses have amazing posing ability and detail (lots of scrolling), but Clover looks very similar to my character Tavore!

These were the only accessories included, but at their price I can live with it. xD

Tavore would never let anyone ride him, but Hayden sure looks cool!

After 45 minutes of combing and conditioning, I was able to rescue Hayden's wig. Unfortunately it'll only be useful as a year one Hermione wig. Its funny though!

I just got back from Fred Meyer, where I picked up a new wig for her. I was planning to get her the cute brown one with the ponytail and little braid, but it had been sold since my last visit. ): I picked up this purple one intending it to be temporary for her (permanent for another Liv at some point), but I really like it on her!

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
Re: Yet another new doll! [Pic heavy]
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 05:37:44 PM »
I love the new wig!
Stunning!

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 05:46:49 PM »
How pretty! I love how that purple wig looks. :)
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 07:27:45 PM »
Oooh 3rd Doll already! Clovers got clear eyes too. lol

BTW Have you found out what kind of  clothes that fits Liv dolls well?
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2012, 08:20:51 PM »
Thanks everyone! <3

My birthday is next month so hopefully I'll get a few more. xD

Barbie shirts/dresses are a perfect fit, with everything I've tried (that yellow dress is Barbie). Blythe clothes fit okay, but if I remember right I couldn't get the Blythe shorts closed and the sweatshirt's sleeves caused problems (with with short/no sleeves I imagine it'd be fine, just short). The red/blue shirt is from a Bratz boy, it fits well aside from it being short and a little baggy in the back.
I can try Pullip and Taeyang clothes as well. :3

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 09:20:36 PM »
I actually really like that shirt. I thought it was Black/Red, but it still looks good on her.

I'm so dying to know what clothes fit them besides Barbie clothes. I've tried searching around the Barbie section for fashions but there's too much pink, glitter and cotton candy colors (mainly pink & Blue lol). I've found these $2.99 Barbie dresses that just come with the dress that look great on them.

If pullip clothes do fit, I'll just have to search through sales threads with pullip clothes. X3
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2012, 10:25:06 PM »
Yeah that shirt is wonderful. It looks awesome with those jeans. I wish I had more of my old Bratz boys tops, they'd look wonderful and make great clothes for a less girly doll.

I did a lot of clothing testing just now, here are the results! I tried everything on Nadia, so keep in mind her karate chopping arm can make certain things more difficult.

Blythe- I only have Friendly Freckles. Stockings and boots (didn't try at the same time) fit perfectly. Didn't re-try the other clothes.
Tangkou Doll- I only have Aussie. All clothing (socks, shorts, crop top, and tank top) fit perfectly!
Taeyang- I only have Hash. Shirt fits, a little loose (not baggy, not form fitting). Jacket is baggy. Pants would be perfect if pinned at the top.
Pullip- Varies. The only Pullips I have didn't come with pants and came in elaborate outfits. Ala's leotard thing did not fit, it pulled up most of the way and would work that way. Mir's sleeveless shirt fit, although it was barely able to close it was fine. Mir's jacket thing could be put on and closed, but her arms couldn't move (Nadia's bad arm may have affected that). Mir's boots did not fit, stretchier ones likely would imo. Skirts fit fine, some a little loose and/or long. So I'm guessing sleeveless/short sleeve shirts, stockings, skirts, and jackets would fit. Pants might, but I doubt they'd close. Shorts would likely fit, but again I doubt they'd close. Dresses might work, depending on the fabric.

And I didn't try any on, but I've put Mary Kate and Ashley doll clothes on Pullips and they've been fine, so those might fit Livs. Dunno where my pieces are to try them though.

Offline bigmlpfan

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Currently offline due to illness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2012, 04:38:50 PM »
So cute congrats ;)

bigmlpfan xx

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2012, 07:36:38 PM »
Don't feel like starting a new topic, but would anyone know what would be good to use to remove the paint from the "hair" on Liv heads?

Poor Hayden's blonde paint hair is visible with her wig on and its really bugging me.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2012, 02:51:52 PM »
I'm having that same problem with Sophie and this brown wig I have on her. >,<; I have no solution as to how to solve this. I think the Liv in Color Hayden has a purple scalp, A simple rebody would be needed but that'll be another $10.00 just to have her "hair" match the wig. >,<;
My Flickr Page

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2012, 03:51:51 PM »
I've been searching for Liv customization tutorials, as they might mention what people used to remove their paint, but I've had no luck. I could only find a few off-site threads discussing customizing them (mostly removing/changing eyes) that were no help.

I'm tempted to experiment myself but I have no Livs I'd be okay getting ruined or any supplies like acetone or nail polish remover. If I could customize I'd just do it but my face-up would look like a two year old did it. XP

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2012, 01:22:36 AM »
I'm tempted to do my first custom and experiment too but I've never done a face up, mine would also look like a child did it. XP That and with the line slowly dying I don't wan't to experiment, mess up and then having it hard to find replacements.

The farthest I'd go with customizing is:
-Take heads and switch bodies (From bad joint-less bodies to good old fashion bodies)
-Pop out the eyes and put them on different heads that doesn't usually have that eye color. (Brown scalp/blue eyes)
My Flickr Page

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2012, 01:31:39 AM »
I'm not even brave enough to do eyes yet. xD I really want to make my Alexis's eyes look to the side, but I'm terrified of messing up her hair. I can't do pony hair, or even human hair, so there's no way I can do doll hair.

I might re-cut Hayden's head and look around inside, but even with it pre-cut it terrifies me. I'm a wimp. Lol.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2012, 01:50:56 AM »
Did you ever take her wig off? I can understand, that Alexis in particular has a very complex hair style and I bet it'll be impossible to make it look like new once messed up. DX

I haven't done an eye removal yet, only have 2 Sophies and still pretty scared but I did "learn" how the eyes are removed from this video. Still can't watch it without getting all squeamish. lol

I planned on getting the Twist & Dance Katie and switch out her body and eyes to make an Original Liv doll, but the one they had on clearance at Fred Meyer was gone I was planning on getting her too! >,<;
My Flickr Page

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2012, 02:19:50 AM »
Nope, I've barely even touched it. I'm really afraid about when I'm gonna have to store her and eventually move.

Oh gosh! The eyes popping out is so disturbing. Doesn't look too hard though if I can get over that.

That sucks. D: My Fred Meyer still has a ton of the spa ones (or whatever they're called, I'm too tired to remember things XP) and they're all still on sale. Hopefully I can snag Daniella with birthday money. Its too bad they don't have any clothing packs. I'd love to snag more, especially on sale. xD

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal