collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Share your "Derp" moments...  (Read 3138 times)

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Share your "Derp" moments...
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2012, 12:00:09 AM »
But you can't lose her then, right?  ;)
:socks:   :frog:

Offline Kalavista

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+276)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Open for commissions!
    • View Profile
    • KalaCustoms
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2012, 12:14:15 AM »
I poked myself in the eye with a G3 unicorn horn while beheading! It was bloodshot for days! Um.. my eye, not the horn. XD

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2012, 12:33:31 PM »
Using dental floss as a "thread" to pull a tail through.  That was not a good idea, considering I just used my fingers.  Ended up with a nice minty-smelling cut on my middle finger.   I always use a thick cloth around my fingers for tail-pulling after that :P 

Offline babystarz

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2012, 01:26:56 PM »
I just rehaired a Sundance and as soon as I was finished I realized she needed more sunfading. Oops :P At least I have foil.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kanthaka

• Trade Count: (+342)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
    • Crafting Instagram
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2012, 01:37:05 PM »
I like knowing other people have mishaps while customizing, too. :blush:  I think the thing that upset me the most was the time I melted the wings of a G3 peg.  The glitter was being so stubborn that I thought it would be very clever to let the wings soak in acetone for a little while...

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2012, 03:46:09 PM »
Now trying to fix my boo boo with a fully haired pony and an overly helpful kitten.  Child sized socks are perfect for pony heads.  Got most of the hair hidden.   
:socks:   :frog:

Offline coinoperatedgirl

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I paint stuff.
    • View Profile
    • Coin-Operated Customs
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2012, 06:58:51 PM »
Now trying to fix my boo boo with a fully haired pony and an overly helpful kitten.  Child sized socks are perfect for pony heads.  Got most of the hair hidden.   

One of mine likes to sit on my desk while I work.  Last weekend he came out of the kitchen (where my workspace is) with a giant smear of paint on the top side of his tail.  Two nights ago I was painting and he sat on the desk, looked at a basket of curlers, and smacked several of them onto the floor.  Brat.

DustEnvy

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2012, 10:43:29 AM »
Okay, I just took Seven, yes 7 pictures of a pony and none of them are suitable for my gallery.  I think I borrowed :muffin: Pony's eyes to take them.... :help:

deeleelambbaa

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2012, 01:46:26 PM »
lol oh geez, so much empathy for all these derp moments...
while I was painting one of my customs that was fully covered with puzzle pieces, I deviated from my original planned patterned and free handed on the belly cuz I hate working on the underside of a pony and I just got frustrated and impatient... anyway, the puzzle pieces were red,blue,yellow,and green, and I obviously didn't want any of the colors right next to each other, diagonal was okay though. By free handing though, I ended up with a final puzzle piece that couldn't be any color without being right next to itself...it was awful, I was so close to being done and instead I had to go back and acetone a pretty large belly part and mess with the pattern so that it would work. lol
I didn't follow one of the first rules of customizing-- BY PATIENT!!  :P

Offline OctoberFlash

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I like to eat things and brush ponies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2012, 02:14:05 PM »
I've had a couple...

first one was that I sculpted wings onto a pony. After I had the clay all baked onto her and ready to go, I found out that the position of the wings made it impossible for the head to go back on. D'oh!

On the SAME PONY, I was cutting off part of her mouth to re-sculpt it and ended up cutting the skin between my thumb and forefinger pretty deeply. It resulted in a trip to the ER, they had to glue my skin back together and then bandage my whole hand. I still have the scar ><
Click here for my wishlist!

Every puzzle has an answer :)

Offline Rainbowjuice

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • /)*brohoof*(\
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2012, 12:04:50 AM »
My most recent derp moment was restoring a G1 Snowflake. I painted her symbols on the wrong side.
Not a problem, I just repainted them on the other side then forgot to seal them! I washed Snowflake's hair and tail and rubbed the symbols off both sides!
She has a smeared butt at the moment. Sigh

Suppose I'll just have to do it again, it was only meant to be a quick Rehair/repaint job.
Wanted: G1 Minty & G1 Bowtie

Huge thanks to Ivy for my sig ♥♥

Offline Saja

• Peacock Queen
  • Trade Count: (+325)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2012, 12:51:36 AM »
Ouch, OctoberFlash, thats a painful story!
I did  FBR with a crappy paint, did numerous coats over numerous days, and then sealed it 3 times. Only to pull the tail thru and cracking off the whole bum area of paint!!!
Wish list : http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,318839.0.html
See my work on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/saja.navajo Also rehairs and customs for sale in sales album on FB and also and Etsy Store https://www.etsy.com/shop/SajasCreations

Offline babystarz

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2012, 08:49:58 AM »
Oh gosh, I have another one! I'm rehairing a TAF Love Melody and wanted her to have longer than standard hair. I knew this, and for some reason I blanked for a second and cut the length I wanted in half o.O Fortunately it's a really common color so I can still use the hair for something else, but now I don't have enough of the longer hair to do a full rehair, so I need to order more. Woops!

Offline ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Death to Eclipse" protests DA's dumb new UI
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2012, 09:20:43 PM »
The first wings I made for my G1 Rosedust, I decided to add colour highlights with Sharpie markers. The red wound up not curing into the plastic right, and at one point the wings wound up smushed against her sides in my backpack. She has red stains on her sides.

Also, when restoring Skyflier's symbols I mistakenly used blue paint and glitter instead of purple.
should be perma-moderated

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2012, 02:11:44 AM »
I have accidentally sewn into my hand when sewing pony clothes. xD Took me a while to realize why I couldn't get my hand off the piece of clothing... it was just under the skin so I didn't even feel anything. Only a couple of stiches, luckily...

I have been customizing ponies since 2005 and I've baked ponies several times when using Fimo for sculpting. However, it wasn't until now that I put some ponies in the oven without checking the instructions on the package. Of course I remembered the temperature wrong... Again, I was lucky as I went to check on them after 10 mins or so and got away with two slightly burned ponies but no permanent harm. Had I baked them the full time, I'm sure I'd have ended up with two ponies melted beyond recognition. :P

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal