collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Taobao Prototype/Variant List and Information  (Read 13811 times)

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Taobao Prototype/Variant List and Information
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2012, 06:12:12 PM »
I'm hoping for a Christmas release for Minty as well! I thought her Christmas movie was adorable. I really thought we would see her Christmas 2011... ah well, let's hope! *crosses hooves*
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline BrightIdea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2012, 12:20:22 AM »
Whoa, I just had a crazy idea. What if they are actually going to use Minty as a character on the cartoon next season, and are timing her release to be with her debut ^.^

Darnit I am speculating wildly now.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2012, 08:36:57 AM »
I dunno but I WANT her!!

You know something interesting I've noticed about all of the variants I've found? Almost none of them have a glued-in neck plug. O: They're usually weird colours too, like my Earth Pony Rarity's is bright mint green and another's is yellow.

Also this is probably a shameless plug, but I have one of the Alicorn Raritys for sale at the moment (only posting because I know more people read here than the Sales forum). I'd take any reasonable offer on her probably :)

cesprins

« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2012, 08:45:35 AM »
mintyyyy ;__________;

don't remind me!

Offline BrightIdea

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2012, 09:01:53 AM »
I dunno but I WANT her!!

You know something interesting I've noticed about all of the variants I've found? Almost none of them have a glued-in neck plug. O: They're usually weird colours too, like my Earth Pony Rarity's is bright mint green and another's is yellow.

Also this is probably a shameless plug, but I have one of the Alicorn Raritys for sale at the moment (only posting because I know more people read here than the Sales forum). I'd take any reasonable offer on her probably :)

Interesting, Saply, I haven't dissected any of mine for fear of damaging them :blink: . I guess I should practice on some ones from the toystore, hehe. I think I heard that some official ponies had interesting plug colours, too.

Also, no problem, you have official permission to hijack my thread, lol :lol:

hikari_amaya

« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2012, 01:33:05 PM »
This is awesome :)

SheRa-dude

« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2012, 01:34:47 PM »
Whoa, I just had a crazy idea. What if they are actually going to use Minty as a character on the cartoon next season, and are timing her release to be with her debut ^.^

Kind of like they timed the release of Shining Armor & Cadence toys with their appearance....?  ;)

Offline ShannonInPonyland

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2012, 01:56:43 PM »
Wow, I knew there were a lot of prototypes but I didn't know there were THAT many  :shocked:

Stroggos

« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2012, 01:49:25 PM »
I would like to express my sincere thanks for such a good resource. Now the hunt is on to find sellers of them.. heh.

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 03, 2012, 01:57:44 PM »
I didn't see this anywhere on the thread but someone mentioned that the first :muffin: Pony ponies that came out have larger eyes and 2 colors of hair. Not sure what is being sold at ComicCon but the ones I just got from Taobao only have 1 color hair and smaller eyes so I would say that one of them is a variant. Anyone else notice this?

Shameless plug: I have some Fashion style variants for sale in the FS Forum. Thanks! :)

:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 03, 2012, 02:01:19 PM »
Have there been any new ones lately? I stopped paying attention awhile ago , after I got unipeg rarity.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #56 on: June 03, 2012, 02:04:36 PM »
Is it me or are some of the ponies with a raised hoof seem to have smaller than normal heads?
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline wystearya

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 03, 2012, 02:09:05 PM »
Is it me or are some of the ponies with a raised hoof seem to have smaller than normal heads?

Yeah, as I am looking at the site I see some that really just look like fakes.  You know, like someone is taking random pony parts and putting them together.   Huge or tiny heads make me think those are not real prototypes.   Just someone messing around.   At least that is how a few of them look to me.

Same with those with odd tails.   It just looks like someone took any color tail and pulled it through the tail hole.   :blink:

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 03, 2012, 02:16:08 PM »

Yeah, as I am looking at the site I see some that really just look like fakes.  You know, like someone is taking random pony parts and putting them together.   Huge or tiny heads make me think those are not real prototypes.   Just someone messing around.   At least that is how a few of them look to me.

Same with those with odd tails.   It just looks like someone took any color tail and pulled it through the tail hole.   :blink:

Franken-ponies...
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline BrightIdea

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 04, 2012, 02:44:18 AM »
Have there been any new ones lately? I stopped paying attention awhile ago , after I got unipeg rarity.

There are always new ones showing up, it is just we don't usually know what is an actual release and what is not for a few of them, like translucent Fluttershy.

The latest strange finds are Glimmer Wings ponies with red hair, and a few other variants of them.

Post Merge: June 04, 2012, 02:57:48 AM

Well, 1 randomly has a Sweetie Belle head, so probably that one.

All of the ponies have "real" heads, bodies, and tails (or at least identical to the official releases), it is just some may have been assembled outside of the factory from leftover/rejected parts. Some of the wild concoctions the people came up like Sweetie Belle's head on Rarity's body just look funny because such a big body doesn't go with such a small head.

The head rotates for the Sweetie Belle/Rarity fusion, so that is at least kind of amusing.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 02:57:48 AM by BrightIdea »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal