collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Wave 2 Blind bags in US stores?  (Read 17342 times)

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Wave 2 Blind bags in US stores?
« Reply #60 on: April 18, 2012, 01:11:28 PM »
Good point, Rhini. :(

......anyone want to try calling/emailing Hasbro to ask? XD

Not that we can rely 100% on the answer! lol
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Flickerswift

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #61 on: April 18, 2012, 01:29:33 PM »
I'd love to believe this as my walmart has run out of blind bags, so hopefully the next box that comes in will be Wave 2, but there has been a lot of confusion because of the numbering... Perhaps if those two members could show us pictures to confirm...?

Offline knitgirl

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 20, 2012, 10:26:32 AM »
Has anyone confirmed sightings yet?  I need to know if I should go shopping this weekend or stay home!

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 20, 2012, 10:44:10 AM »
Has anyone confirmed sightings yet?  I need to know if I should go shopping this weekend or stay home!
Nope none yet  :huh:  I'd give it a while

Bronley

« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2012, 09:39:02 AM »
As reported on EquestriaDaily Big Bad Toy Store has new mini figure sets and such listed in their pre-order section (expected to be available in July  2012), including something called Blind Bag Series 02.

The box/bag art shown is the same as the Wave 1 packaging, so not sure what Wave we will actually be getting in the US in August.

Everyone, post here when you find out what we are getting!

[edit to remove link ~ thank you ~ hathorcat]
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 09:19:45 AM by Bronley »

Offline Rhini

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 24, 2012, 09:46:02 AM »
As reported on EquestriaDaily Big Bad Toy Store has new mini figure sets and such listed in their pre-order section (expected to be available in August), including something called Blind Bag Series 02.

The box/bag art shown is the same as the Wave 1 packaging, so not sure what Wave we will actually be getting in the US in August.

Everyone, post here when you find out what we are getting!
Yeah I saw that in the thread about it, BBTS just uses filler images if they don't have the right one so I wouldn't worry too much about that particular image. I'm tempted to order a case instead of driving all over trying to find them all, but I don't really want the mane 6 again. I'm super excited though! I'm glad that it seems like we will get all the waves, i was afraid they'd skip over some like they did in the UK.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 03:47:37 PM by hathorcat »

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2012, 09:56:00 AM »
Aww, I got my hopes up for nothing. I figured since this thread is pretty old, that it was bumped because someone actually found them in a store somewhere.

Bronley

« Reply #67 on: May 24, 2012, 10:20:26 AM »
Yeah I saw that in the thread about it, BBTS just uses filler images if they don't have the right one so I wouldn't worry too much about that particular image. I'm tempted to order a case instead of driving all over trying to find them all, but I don't really want the mane 6 again. I'm super excited though! I'm glad that it seems like we will get all the waves, i was afraid they'd skip over some like they did in the UK.
The problem is, without the actual box/bag art or other indication "Blind Bag Series 02" could be any wave we've seen or one we haven't seen anywhere yet. "Series 02" just means it is the 2nd series released in the US, not the "Wave 2" we know from overseas.

It's not like the bags say "Series 02" on them or anything.

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2012, 11:00:05 AM »
Aww, I got my hopes up for nothing. I figured since this thread is pretty old, that it was bumped because someone actually found them in a store somewhere.

Me too. :(... lol

Offline EStRanger

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2012, 11:24:33 AM »
We never even got the first wave around here--which is weird, since I'm in a major metro area! I looked all around, thinking I'd surely find some to help others complete their collections, but no-go! Really hope Wave 2 shows up here. :)
Don't look for me!

Offline Rhini

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2012, 11:47:54 AM »
We never even got the first wave around here--which is weird, since I'm in a major metro area! I looked all around, thinking I'd surely find some to help others complete their collections, but no-go! Really hope Wave 2 shows up here. :)
I know I personally had much much more luck finding them at TRU than at Walmart, and I never saw them at Target. I did however, see them at 5 below.

Hopefully BBTS is correct and wave 2 will be hitting August. I would be sooo disappointed if it was like the newly numbered wave 1 bags or something XD

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 24, 2012, 11:52:58 AM »
Same here Rhini, found them in one of the few local Walmarts, but had much better luck at TRU. No Targets.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #72 on: May 24, 2012, 12:15:40 PM »
Same here Rhini, found them in one of the few local Walmarts, but had much better luck at TRU. No Targets.
I've only had luck at finding Wave 1 at Walmart... Thing is I cannot check TRU because to the best of my knowledge we don't have TRU here and I refuse to drive 100+ miles to get to one even for ponies :P Target never got any to my knowledge either... If wave 2 in the blind bags is really coming out this year I'm hoping our walmart will have them :|
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Rhini

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 24, 2012, 12:37:15 PM »
I've only had luck at finding Wave 1 at Walmart... Thing is I cannot check TRU because to the best of my knowledge we don't have TRU here and I refuse to drive 100+ miles to get to one even for ponies :P Target never got any to my knowledge either... If wave 2 in the blind bags is really coming out this year I'm hoping our walmart will have them :|
Man you are not kidding! It looks like if you live in the middle of the state you're pretty much out of luck. I'm lucky enough to have 4? ish TRU's within reasonable driving distance so usually one of them will have what I'm looking for.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #74 on: May 24, 2012, 12:57:48 PM »
Man you are not kidding! It looks like if you live in the middle of the state you're pretty much out of luck. I'm lucky enough to have 4? ish TRU's within reasonable driving distance so usually one of them will have what I'm looking for.
Bad thing is... I -am- in the middle of the state pretty much XD
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal