collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Separate Herds?  (Read 3895 times)

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
Separate Herds?
« on: April 12, 2012, 12:22:12 PM »
I just had a random sort of question...  Do you guys have a separate "herd" for canon ponies and customs?  Or are they just integrated together?

How about for different gens?  are they separated or all together?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline LadyStarCatcher

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Separate Herds?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 12:50:32 PM »
My gene are mostly separate. There's a little intermingling do to space issues. But my wingers have there own special place. ;)

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 01:01:22 PM »
Everything is kept separate, except customs of any generation go together on the customs shelves. 

My G3's hang on the same shelf with my G4's and G2's, but they're all on separate risers.

Offline babystarz

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 01:12:08 PM »
All of my loose ponies are together on a crowded set of Itso cube shelves (I only have my G1 and G4 FS ponies on display, plus a solitary G3), and the MIB G4's are on the shelf in my coat closet (LOL I know, terrible "display" spot but I have limited space), the MIB G1's used to have their own drawer, but I'm not sure what to do now that it's overflowing, and the MIB G2's are sadly tucked away in a paper bag  :huh:  I seriously need to figure out how to display my MIB ponies, I'm just super paranoid about putting them on the wall because I worry about the sun from my windows coming in and fading their packaging and stuff. On the one hand, I'm moving in 3 months to a bigger place, but on the other, it makes me sad that they're stowed away where I can't see them.

Keiri

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2012, 01:12:24 PM »
My ponies are all in the same place.  :blush:

Offline hlbmlp

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2012, 01:16:34 PM »
they are all in one place, but the newer ponies get different shelves for the larger, smaller go where they fit... my childhood herd though is getting a special place... sometime... :/  and my G3s are taking over my dollhouse.... need to fix that! ^_^  i do organize G1s by set.  so all the rainbows are together etc.   other than that, they are wherever they fit!
My Etsy . My Blog

If i owe you feedback pm me, my brain is not always here.

thanks kiwisquirtbottle for helping with codes!!! <3

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • Trade Count: (+158)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pickle barrel kumquat cherrychanga!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2012, 01:36:53 PM »
They are all kinda grouped together by gen...the bbs are all by pose, and g1s are all together, g4s and g3s all in their own spots too...but I don't have oodles of room, just some. 

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2012, 01:42:31 PM »
My customs have their own set of shelves on the wall above my desk so I can look up and see them everyday :) My Hasbro ponies are on shelves on a different wall, and the gens are for the most part separate. Although, my few G2s and petites share a shelf with some G1s.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline moonflower

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • collecting est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2012, 01:50:16 PM »
The gens are usually separate, but My G4 Cheerilees hang out with my G3 Cheerilees.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2012, 01:51:34 PM »
All my ponies are together...but thats mainly because I have Hasbro inspired customs only - second version taf babies are with their mums, so soft babies are with their mums and so on! So all one giant herd...
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2012, 02:57:04 PM »
The only storage space I have is a tiny cupboard at the top of my stairs and under my bed, so I am have 95% of my ponies out on display. This means a couple of storage boxes of G3s, some boxed playsets and MIB ponies under the bed, then on the shelves in the bedroom are the G1s, with customs and fakies on the top two shelves. G3s and G2s are on the stairs, with the G3s overflowing to the bottom of the stairs with the G3.5s. G4s have taken over the living room. In the kitchen are several large boxes of ponies that I will one day get around to cleaning, plus a crystal palace which needs cleaning...plus several random pony playsets which need cleaning...the only pony-free area in my house is the bathroom but that's only because ponies would be susceptible to mold if they were in there!

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2012, 02:58:30 PM »
I have all my G1s together...customs and all.  My G3s are a different tribe.  And the G4s.  XD

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline Sandi

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2012, 03:13:59 PM »
Mostly seperated.

*I have two shelves were all my G1 (female) adult ponies are, and two Applejack customs.
*One shelf with all my G1 babies, G3.5s and Dollymix ponies. (And some Sylvanian Families)
*One shelf with G2s.
*Two shelves with G3s.
*One shelf with G4s.
*One shelf with G1 boy ponies, Sea ponies, Animal friends, a My Pretty Pony and some G3s. (And Sweetie Pups)
*And finally I have some ponies on my desk; a MOC G1 Applejack, G4 McDonalds ponies and a custom of my ponysona.
G1, G2 and G3 collector. I also collect a bunch of other stuff. (Too much..)
My collection website
My toy Instagram
My cat/nature Instagram
My Tumblr

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2012, 03:22:10 PM »
I seperate by generations. All my G1s are on a computer desk that I no longer use (my mom's laptop is better than my crappy computer). My G2s are on a small hanging shelve with fousr display things (five if you include the top), since there aren't much G2s anyway. My G3s are on a bookshelve connected to my bed, a record/cd/tape/radio player from Bed Bath and Beyond, and a white shelve hanging on my wall. My 3.5s are on another shelve hanging from my wall right under the G3s. My G4s are on a wooden homemade doll house my mom had when she was young that is now mine. The top (attic) holds the Fashion Styles of the mane 6, talking pink Celestia, Pinkie Pie blubble blower, mane 6 glimmer wings (Rarity and RD), shine brights, show blind bags, keychains, molded ponies, and variants of the mane 6 (like tinel hairs). The second story has some G3 cards, a jewlry case with all my brushes inside, also seperated by generations, my Pinkie Pie toothpaste and toothbrush, and the G4s frm the show. The first story also has a G3 card, non-show ponies, and non-show blindbags. My FS Luna and Celestia are on their card board boxes, which I seperated, and hung on my wall with tacks. My McD ponies are displayed on a 4x3 wooden display case and can fit 2-3 ponies in each section. My plushes and so soft newborns are on top of the bucket that has my Pokemon plushies.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline josiekat

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There's no such thing as a bait Bluebelle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2012, 03:26:32 PM »
Most of my collection is packed away at the moment. Of the ones I do have out....they are all together in one big happy MLP family. I think once I have the pony room, they will be displayed by generation just because I think that will maximize my space. But we shall see...I may just mix them all up. Plus.....I have a small child, so they are bound to get mixed together anyway. lol

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal