collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Smelly Breyer horse  (Read 6003 times)

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Smelly Breyer horse
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2012, 11:32:50 PM »
Well this is the first time I have ever heard of Shrinky.  I don't collect these but I have a few. My first question for you would be did you ask her if the horse had any odors prior to buying? I usually alert sellers that a product they sold me did not smell good if they didn't mention it..especially with smoke as it makes me so ill.  I know if I sold a Breyer and it smelled funny, I would mention that even if I didn't know what it was.  I have learned though even when you ask if something stinks you can still sometimes end up with a stinky.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2012, 03:20:25 AM »
I didn't ask about odors. I've never thought of asking about that, though I should (cigarette smoke makes me sick). Her condition was marked as "very good" in the listing so I assumes they knew what they were talking about since they looked like a collector. She has a lot of small flaws (chipped ear, though that's not very small imo, paint missing on the same ear, and a few small scratches) that weren't mentioned, but I overlooked it at first. After all my original one had scratches so that made her more accurate in my mind. xD They described all the other Breyers well so idk. Maybe this horse is really unpopular and they just wanted it to sell? :/

But the vinegar smell was VERY strong when I opened the bag she was in (she was in a bag and surrounded by bubble wrap in her box), and when I brought her near me (after she'd had time to air out a bit and I was able to walk past without gagging) I could smell it so strongly I wanted to throw up. I can't imagine they didn't notice it at least when she was being packed up, if at no other time.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2012, 05:44:58 PM »
I would contact the seller and ask them if you can return the model.  Do you have a link to there sales listing you can PM me?
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal