collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What's your favorite part of collecting?  (Read 1633 times)

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What's your favorite part of collecting?
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2012, 01:28:47 PM »
The awesome satisfaction of knocking something off my want list... Restoring them and making them all pretty again... Finding a place for them in my cabinet/bringing a herd (ahem, set) back together....

Oh! And I LURVE getting parcels in the mail box... carefully opening the box or bag... the oohs and ahhhs of my kids who are just as excited as me... and a weird confession here... I like saying 'welcome to NZ'... it's so cool bringing in ponies from overseas!

Did I cover all the bases?!  ;)

Offline munchy

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2012, 01:41:50 PM »
Pony hunting is one of my all time favorite things to do, but for me the very best is organizing! All those baggies and boxes and labels...I just can't get enough! For me nothing beats a huge bag of unsorted accessories and a pile of ponies that need to be checked off in the checklist

MoongazerThePony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2012, 01:43:07 PM »
Winning an auction!!

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2012, 05:36:26 PM »
I'm another person who really enjoys the thrill of the hunt.  I hit up the thrift store once a week and a good portion of my collection comes from there - as a matter of fact, I just picked up a g3 Merriweather there today (but she'll be going for sale once she's all cleaned up.)

I also really like the community here, getting to see and read about everyone else's collections - everyone here is so nice, friendly and helpful.  The Arena also makes collecting a lot of fun for me because I enjoy the community.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Vampasaurus

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Champion of Kirkwall
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2012, 10:04:59 PM »
Cleaning and restoring are defiantly my favorites parts. I don't get to hunt very often, and money has been really tight so I'm stuck buying baits and cleaning them up to join my collection. It's really fun saving a manky gross little bait pony and turning her back into a beauty.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

http://vampasaurus.tumblr.com/

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2012, 03:22:50 AM »
Before I go to sleep I sit in bed and look at my wall of G1 ponies...so peaceful and they just make me smile :)  (G1 in the bedroom, G2/G3 on the stairs, G3.5/G3 at bottom of stairs, G4 in the front room). Or sitting as I am now in the front room looking at my G4s with my OH suggesting  I move some around. Pony hunting of course, buying ponies on auction sites (when I win lol) and although I HATE cleaning ponies I love unwrapping all that tissue paper that holds their hair in place when they've dried and seeing clean, sparkly pretty ponies :)

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline moonflower

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • collecting est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2012, 06:59:53 AM »
I love...
... cataloguing everything - although I have to admit I am behind with that!
... the smell of G1 ponies.
... hunting for ponies online and receiving the parcels.
... seeing and collecting pony merchandise and love it as much as I do the ponies.
... the MLP community and seeing other people's weird and wonderful things. Not one collection is the same.

Would love to add pony hunting in charity shops and car boot sales, but I rarely ever actually come across anything and am always disappointed, although I did find a rare G1 book once for 20p.

Offline StarDragon

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I'm a My Little Pony mommy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2012, 07:23:03 AM »
I love pony hunting, too! Thrift stores & online. But my favorite part is checking off an entire set of ponies that I have completed collecting, and of course, pampering and displaying them  too!

Offline Saber-Toothed Crow

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2012, 07:42:29 AM »
I love the hunt, and even better, the find! Nothing quite like finding a pony in a thrift store (especially G1s) and then restoring them to their former glory. Fixing up and restoring ponies is another favourite aspect.

I also love when you order a pony online, the anticipation of waiting for the ponies to arrive! But I suppose my ultimate favourite part of pony collecting is seen them all lined up on my shelves, so bright and colourful. Bound to cheer up even the gloomiest of days.

Thanks Jennifer2004 for my sig and Shaiyeh for my avi! ~formerly Crowpriest~

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal