collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Just a Little Swap 2012 Swap brag thread!  (Read 20867 times)

Offline lemontwist

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Just a Little Swap 2012 Swap brag thread!
« Reply #75 on: April 14, 2012, 09:32:59 PM »
 :faint: woah, even the box is pretty!
Sales - Pony and Doll Wishlist!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline EmberBright

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Disregard the Prologue - my blog about... um... everything
« Reply #76 on: April 15, 2012, 03:46:55 AM »
Michelle, I'm so glad you liked your box! I did Maple Fall and Buzzer's hair just for you, and Ploomette was a stroke of luck- I'd never seen her around here, and she magically appeared after I saw her on your list.  :biggrin:

MY BRAG!!!

OK, I finally got a day with better light for a nice pony group shot, so I can post my brag now!

Sternenstaub was SO good to me! Four ponies from my want list?! I'm unbelievably spoiled. And so many yummy and adorable extras.  :lovey:

On to pics! I couldn't wait for a nice day to open, so the first pic is a bit dark. My sons were very happy to help me open things, and they stole all of the little Kinder chocolates. :)

So much to open, and do you see the adorable stickers?

And open! Check out all of the chocolate, the adorable wee sheepie, and the little cup (it says "Bremen")

I could feel leg feathering in the biggest package, so I saved that one for last. I was so happy to see Flutter pony Peach Blossom- she was a childhood friend who disappeared many years ago. This one's in better condition than my old one would have been! Baby Brightbow is my first Rainbow baby, and I've wanted them forever. Lily Blossom... well, I've been kicking myself for not buying her the one time I saw her in a store here, so I was VERY excited to get her!

And Daddy Bright Bouquet... he's so gorgeous! I'd never seen him in person (pony?) before, and he did NOT disappoint! He's now standing proudly on my shelf with his buddy Daddy Sweet Celebrations. They're the dad club. :)

Everyone looked great, but I had to free LB, and I know I like a nice shower after a long few days of travelling (especially when I'm stuffed in a box), so everyone got the spa treatment. Here are all of my lovelies after. I think Brightbow and Daddy bonded on the trip. :)

Thanks again, Sternenstaub!!!

EDIT: I just ate the chocolate "Milka" bunny. SO YUMMY!!!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 09:31:59 AM by EmberBright »

Disregard the Prologue

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 15, 2012, 07:55:38 AM »
A daddy pony! I love them >w<

Offline Mareacooda

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 15, 2012, 08:40:26 AM »
Eternia....    :yikes: I soooo sorry that precious chocolates melted; sadly that is out anyone control when shipping package thus reason I make sure any ponies are in plastic.... 
I very relieved that I met the challange of finding extras for your box.  I will have to say...  that I enjoy good challenge find items that IS of your taste that would fit in the "litte box"...  I actually had to restrain myself stop buying extras or I would never be able get single pony in the box! :P
When I saw the black boy blind bag...  I knew I need get one to throw in your box. :silly:
I didn't dare comment on Mimic get Lovebeam special after see your comment, I soo afraid that I might give away. 
Overall .  ^^; I soo relieve that you enjoy your swap package from me. :woot:

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #79 on: April 15, 2012, 09:06:54 AM »
yeah no worries about the chocolate! your wrapping skills are to be envied for sure though, everything was pretty tightly wrapped up.
:)
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

Offline clones_rebellion

• Evil Swap Queen
  • Trade Count: (+422)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 15, 2012, 06:23:42 PM »
Lovely boxes!!!! *suddenly worries about chocolate melting in my box*  :blink:

~My Wishlist!~ Thank you Moonbreeze for my Atlas and Bastet siggy!

Offline MintySocks

• Singing Artsy Fartsy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 15, 2012, 09:18:08 PM »
Anybody seen Quill?  :huh:

Offline StarDragon

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I'm a My Little Pony mommy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 15, 2012, 10:04:25 PM »
I'm worried about my chocolate, too!  :yikes:

Quill

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #83 on: April 15, 2012, 10:24:53 PM »
I'm so sorry, MintySocks! It's been a very busy weekend. I'm sooooooo glad (and relieved! I was so nervous!) that you liked your box.  :frolic: I didn't realize how much stuff I got until I tried to cram it all in. I sat for an hour trying to arrange everything and in the end still had to practically sit on it to get it closed.  :P And I had no idea it was about 3 lbs (never been a good judge of weight). When the lady at the PO popped it on the scale and said it was going to cost me almost $14, I kinda did this:  :shocked: . But I would do it all over again. It was so totally worth it all to see you so happy and enjoy it so much! I'm so, so glad you liked everything. Seashell and Sunnybunch look happy in their new home with you! :hug:

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #84 on: April 16, 2012, 12:22:48 PM »
OMG what beautiful and great packages you all got :D :D :D

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 16, 2012, 01:30:44 PM »
I'm so sorry, MintySocks! It's been a very busy weekend. I'm sooooooo glad (and relieved! I was so nervous!) that you liked your box.  :frolic: I didn't realize how much stuff I got until I tried to cram it all in. I sat for an hour trying to arrange everything and in the end still had to practically sit on it to get it closed.  :P And I had no idea it was about 3 lbs (never been a good judge of weight). When the lady at the PO popped it on the scale and said it was going to cost me almost $14, I kinda did this:  :shocked: . But I would do it all over again. It was so totally worth it all to see you so happy and enjoy it so much! I'm so, so glad you liked everything. Seashell and Sunnybunch look happy in their new home with you! :hug:
I made the same face at the PO! Mine cost me 23 bucks! She offered to let me take something out because it was only over by a whopping 17 grams, but I said no. I would also do it all over again!

Offline MintySocks

• Singing Artsy Fartsy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 16, 2012, 01:48:13 PM »

:cheer: You did such a great job packing it all in too Quill!!! :cheer:

I gotta add, that the more I start to use the little gifties you put in, the more I am beginning to see the thoughtfulness and effort of what you chose. The notepad has hummingbirds and butterflies on it, two of my favorite animals! As soon as my 5-year-old saw the nail polish, she took off her shoes and asked for some on her toenails, so she and I painted our nails together out on the lawn. It was so much fun.  The pens by the way are going in my purse because I like to doodle tattoos on myself when I'm waiting somewhere or have the time, and I just did the coolest one using all six colors on my foot! (They write equally well on paper, hehe!)  Thank you again for all your thoughtfulness!!! :hug:

Offline lemontwist

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 16, 2012, 02:11:58 PM »
I finally got to the post office today, only for the lady to tell me I had two packages! One of them was my old books that a friend had been keeping in storage for me! And the other.... My swap box! So I promptly taped, paid for and shipped my box out and ran back to the car to speed  home and open everything, hehee.

OMGGGGGG! I saw the name and I knew just who it was....Clones!

The box is practically bursting open... Guess I better set the stuff free!

....... :shocked:   :faint: 

OMG all the stuff wrapped. Wheee!!! So then of course I wasted no time opening everything. I figured out which packages were ponies and opened them last, so.... here they are in order of opening :P

Ahhh! I am so happy about this girl. By the time I came around and decided I really wanted her, I couldn't find her D: You even included the backcard! I saw there was a back card in the box and shoved it under some stickers before I could see who it was for, lol.

lol! Attack of the tiny ponies!

:dropjaw:  I can't express my happiness!! I don't know if I've mentioned it much but Pillow Talk was one of the very first ponies I decided I wanted before I even started collecting. Seriously! She was one of a few ponies (and the only one I really remember) that made me go "wow.... I want that....omg, I need ponies...!"

Her hair is amazingly gorgeous and her symbols are practically perfect, and best of all she stands xD My only other G1 adult can't stand on her own. Silly princess.

And last but SO NOT LEAST....

AAAAAAAAHHH.  :frolic:  I never ever ever would have guessed I'd get this fellow in such a tiny box lol! I'm just amazed, Salty is best boy pony xD and one I never imagined I would have in my possession, lol. I never get my hopes up for ponies that are worth more than I can count on one hand  :P  Anyways, he's just awesome! I opened the hat and bandana before I opened him and was like "no way.... could it be??" lol the hat proved difficult to put on him though, and every time I tried to put it on he fell over. My mom joked that he was "drunk as a sailor". xD ~What shall we do with a drunken sailor~? I couldn't believe you even got his hat and bandana, I just don't even have words for how awesome that is.

Here's a group shot!!

I feel like I'm in shock!! or maybe that's just the sugar from the candy I've already dived into.... but still! I couldn't dream of a better group of ponies, really!

And as if the ponies weren't enough, here's everything, including the now unwrapped ponies and extras.

Clones, you spoiled me rotten! I've heard you do good swap boxes, but WOW. Now thinking about my little box of stuff I put together, I feel out-swapped lol! I mean my box was pretty darn good, too, but holy cow. I love everything! Right down to even the hand sanitizers! How did you know??? Ever since my step dad caught a bad flu that's been going around, my mom and I use hand sanitizer sooooooo much. But the smell of the stuff we have is so gag-me-with-pine-sol. This stuff smells like I could eat it!

Also, my dog hates the jumping frog lol. It scared him. I was like O.O when I saw that it actually does a flip! My mom stole some of the candy, we've given the plushie bug magnet a home on the fridge, we lit the candle right away (which is why the bug and the candle aren't really pictured, I'll have to snap one of the bug it's so cute!!) and oooohhhh my gosh I have more stickers and stuff than I know what to do with! and I LOVE the earrings, and the hair clips, and the bubbles, and I LOVE the socks. And I don't mind about the pony imperfections you mentioned you weren't pleased with. They're hardly noticeable and soooooo worth it  :heart:

Now, you may notice that there's TWO cups there, matching... One is the one Clones gave me, and one is one I already had! Don't laugh at me, but I have a bit of a cup army going with this cup already. Okay no laugh it's fine xD I love my Tangled cups and I'm probably someday going to have enough of these to throw a cup party  :silly:   I cracked up when I saw the one in my box. It's just perfect, and you should have heard the sigh from my mom when she saw I got another one! They're all I'll drink out of.

Oh gosh okay this is a super long post already so I'll try to stop now, but thank you so much Clones! I feel 1000% spoiled  :tackleglomp:  Everything is perfect even right down to the paper you used to write the note, lol! I got ponies I can barely even dream of, awesome extras, things I collect, things I've even seen and wanted to get for myself recently, but didn't, haha. I don't know how you did it but you really made this whole box just right for me! Also I can't believe you fit it all in there. I am now forced to believe you're secretly a wizard. Undetectable extension charm!~geeks out~

Okay, I'm done now!

Offline clones_rebellion

• Evil Swap Queen
  • Trade Count: (+422)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 16, 2012, 04:21:26 PM »
Eeeeeeeee!!!! I'm so happy you liked everything! (I hope the chocolate wasn't melted!) I had so much fun putting that box together for you! This weekend was sssooo long knowing the box was at your post office. I actually had to leave a few things out of the box! Nothing important, though (more candy, a few tiny extras....) I made sure the important things in there. ;)  I just couldn't get it all in there! I tried my darnedest! :P But I'm thrilled you liked it! :hug:

ETA~ thanks for mentioning the two cups. I looked at that and thought 'Uhhh?'  :blink: :lol: 
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 04:23:24 PM by clones_rebellion »

~My Wishlist!~ Thank you Moonbreeze for my Atlas and Bastet siggy!

Offline lemontwist

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 16, 2012, 04:39:49 PM »
Haha, no you're not seeing double, there's two cups XDDDD lol I wondered if you'd notice. I love mah cups :3 And no the chocolate wasn't melted! I live in rainy, cold Oregon so a weekend stay at the PO is more like being in a refrigerator, I'm sure.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal