collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I find this a bit offensive..  (Read 10673 times)

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
Re: I find this a bit offensive..
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2012, 09:38:08 AM »
You don't make fun of other people and things they like "accidentally" DJ Midli. And as you said, they're aware of the various attitudes in the general fart fan community, and fanning those parts that aren't so friendly isn't funny.

I don't think there was any malicious intent is the point I was trying to make. I don't think sethisto was at home going " this april fools I wonder how I can insult the heck out of the previous generation collectors". Again I feel it was more in bad taste, but I dont think it had true malicious and harmful intent.

I am saddened by some of the comments, but i have a feeling(and hope) its coming from those younger members of the br0ny community.

I agree with you. While I think the joke was poking fun at bronies' tendency to disregard previous generations, I don't think there was any ill feelings toward those who like the previous generations involved in the joke. Like those who left the "kill it with fire" comments, I think some of us are taking the joke a little too seriously.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

DJ Midli

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2012, 09:41:23 AM »
And remember, it's only poking fun at the flowers, not the people. 

Even if the joke focus on the flowers, It's for example very offensive to the person who have customized the G1 Twilight Sparkle they have pictured on there. They are clearly making fun out of it, and therefor making fun over someone else's hard work. Isn't that actually offending people who like older gens?

Quote from: Equestria Daily
"Look, even Tw1light Sparkle[Link leads to the g1 TS custom] joined the new herd!"

Im not sure how that can be construed as insulting the artist/custom. About the only thing off about that post is that he direct linked the .jpg instead of linking to the fav.me extension(thus making it harder to go to the actual artists page). Can you please explain this to me(Im honestly curious, please don't see this post as a condescending rebuttal  >_< )

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2012, 09:42:05 AM »
The primary intent may not have been to offend, but why would someone say something that they know *will* offend unless they just didn't care? Not being the intention doesn't suddenly make it OK, especially since this isn't an issue I can believe people are unaware of.

chris..

« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2012, 09:46:59 AM »
i am a guy and i love all the generations    ^^  :lovey: :lovey: :lovey:
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 09:49:24 AM by chris.. »

Loups

« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2012, 09:49:25 AM »
Honestly, this is nothing. You've not sen hatred until you've read the he-man.org forums! :lol:

As an Action Figure collector I'm used to other collectors hating the stuff I like. You just get used to it. Maybe I've just "maned-up" in the last few years, I dunno, but if someone says, "I hate XYZ" I just say, "That's your opinion and you're welcome to it!" :D

Peace out guys, it's all just so much guff. ;)

Offline amenoo

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2012, 09:52:41 AM »

Even if the joke focus on the flowers, It's for example very offensive to the person who have customized the G1 Twilight Sparkle they have pictured on there. They are clearly making fun out of it, and therefor making fun over someone else's hard work. Isn't that actually offending people who like older gens?

"Look, even Tw1light Sparkle[Link leads to the g1 TS custom] joined the new herd!"

Im not sure how that can be construed as insulting the artist/custom. About the only thing off about that post is that he direct linked the .jpg instead of linking to the fav.me extension(thus making it harder to go to the actual artists page). Can you please explain this to me(Im honestly curious, please don't see this post as a condescending rebuttal  >_< )

Since the whole thing is meant as a joke and we know they dislike older gens. They link to that picture saying "Oh Look Twilight joined the herd" , but since the whole thing is a joke the underlaying message becomes "Look what someone did to Twilight". I just know that if it would've been my custom i would have been really offended
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Adoptable made by me

DJ Midli

« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2012, 09:54:58 AM »

Since the whole thing is meant as a joke and we know they dislike older gens. They link to that picture saying "Oh Look Twilight joined the herd" , but since the whole thing is a joke the underlaying message becomes "Look what someone did to Twilight". I just know that if it would've been my custom i would have been really offended

I think you are overanalyzing ^^, just my two cents.

The primary intent may not have been to offend, but why would someone say something that they know *will* offend unless they just didn't care? Not being the intention doesn't suddenly make it OK, especially since this isn't an issue I can believe people are unaware of.

Are you reffering to the EQD staff posts/Original Blog posts, or the comments in the reply section?

Offline Bergamot

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2012, 09:55:43 AM »
I'd just be excited for the EqD bump, personally. ;)

Though it would have been nice to link the artist's page, I agree! That's a really neat and well done custom!

Offline amenoo

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2012, 09:57:43 AM »
I think you are overanalyzing ^^, just my two cents.

Well, then that's your opinion. I just know that it's not fun having your work being made fun of. Happened to me before on some pony image site

Adoptable made by me

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2012, 10:04:44 AM »

Are you reffering to the EQD staff posts/Original Blog posts, or the comments in the reply section?
I guess the original? I'm kind of speaking in general though, since you seems to suggest if it's not intentional, people shouldn't be upset.

DJ Midli

« Reply #55 on: April 01, 2012, 10:17:59 AM »

I guess the original? I'm kind of speaking in general though, since you seems to suggest if it's not intentional, people shouldn't be upset.

Hardly, if people want to be upset over it, thats a-okay. I just don't understand the level of upsetness over something that didn't have malicious intent a-la-schoolyard bullyism.

cesprins

« Reply #56 on: April 01, 2012, 10:20:03 AM »
I just think it's funny to compare RD of 3.5 and American Pie 1.0 to their very distinctive 4.0 personalities....American Pie is silly, RD wearing hats and is always stylish. Obviously very different from the current cartoon, so it's funny to see that in comparison (especially if you were familiar with them before g4). I consider eqd a source for modern g4 info, but don't go looking there for vintage fart stuff.

So I think it's funny to see the vintage stuff bleed into it for a day, but I wouldn't want it to be there permanently. That's what I come here for! I think the Heaven is all around the best online community for mlp collecting. Not everyone will like g1, for collecting comparison some people consider dolls really creepy. It's a matter of taste, and I happen to have extremely girly taste. So I can understand why some people don't like them. And a couple comments have been made about realizing people will make fun of you. I think that's important to know you can't go around life getting mad at everyone because they have a different opinion, especially when you do something out of the normal like collecting plastic flowers. Laugh it off and take it in stride. Do what makes you happy.

And most importantly, I absolutely do not want the Posey demographic liking g1 or older generation. Because it'll be impossible to buy vintage flowers, especially g1s anymore. The prices would skyrocket with the huge demand.
  :yikes:

Yes.... g1 is so bad. There's nothing good about it! Staaaaay away! (please...)

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #57 on: April 01, 2012, 10:21:12 AM »
Hardly, if people want to be upset over it, thats a-okay. I just don't understand the level of upsetness over something that didn't have malicious intent a-la-schoolyard bullyism.

...Schoolyard bullying has no malicious intent? :|

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

DJ Midli

« Reply #58 on: April 01, 2012, 10:24:34 AM »

...Schoolyard bullying has no malicious intent? :|

"Malicious intent like schoolyard bullying", sorry, I type with a bit to much flourish sometime. I was pointing out that it seems everyone is making sethisto and EQD staff out to be schoolyard bullies when I don't think thats how their blog posts can be construed(Some of the comments on the other hand...hoh boy..)

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #59 on: April 01, 2012, 10:27:37 AM »

"Malicious intent like schoolyard bullying", sorry, I type with a bit to much flourish sometime. I was pointing out that it seems everyone is making sethisto and EQD staff out to be schoolyard bullies when I don't think thats how their blog posts can be construed(Some of the comments on the other hand...hoh boy..)

Ahh, okay. That makes sense. ^.^ I thought you were implying something else.

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal