collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Showing off my favortie Customs! (Rozen eyes ponys)  (Read 4100 times)

Offline elysion gear

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • Back to Ponyland!
    • View Profile
Re: Showing off my favortie Customs! (Rozen eyes ponys)
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2012, 12:38:37 PM »
I just checked out a few of your tutorials, and it looks simple enough for just painting the backs of the eyeballs.. But how do you actually secure them into the pony? Im really excited to see more tutorials as you have time for them! :) I have so many questions bubbling up. Would you mind if I made a list of my questions and PMd you?

I don't mind at all, I'd be happy to help anyone out who wants to make ponys like mine.

Offline Em_L._Pea_Customs

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2012, 01:01:36 PM »
WOAH, those are awesome!  I don't collect BJD, but have always thought the eyes on them were pretty amazing...so to see them used on a pony is just LOVE! :heart: 

Thank you so much for sharing your techniques and where to buy them!  That is really cool of you. :biggrin:   

ETA:  Do you have any plans to sell ready made eyes that could be bought and then put into a custom? 
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 01:03:39 PM by cookhuman »
*WANT LIST*
FKA cookhuman

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2012, 01:03:13 PM »
You are so very kind to share how to make the eyes! They are gorgeous! I would love to see some close up shots of those eyes!

I like shareing,   I had been making customs eyes for well over 7 years. :lol:   Selling them on the BJDs fourm Den of Angels. as well as posting up tutorials and helping other make eyes.

The reason I wanted to share is to see what other people would do with adding these eyes to thier custom ponys. 

Uhm....So pretty please?   
I'm actually trying to remake some eyes for some fakie ponies I have, this could be useful for me! The bad thing is... looking at the links they are not the shape I need for eye blanks :c Or not... looked in the wrong place XD
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 01:24:00 PM by sd_dreamcrystal »
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

deeleelambbaa

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2012, 01:06:15 PM »
oh lawdy dem eyes!!!! so piercingly beautiful! the second's eyes look like marbles I used to play with with my bro... so beautiful, I wish I could have her♥
the rose on the first is so well drawn! It looks like the rose from beauty and the beast :3

Shajana

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2012, 01:29:17 PM »
I really love the eyes from the blue one! :shocked:

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2012, 01:32:54 PM »
You could probably do a great sideline selling those eyes.  Too cool!
:socks:   :frog:

Offline elysion gear

• Captain Jack Pony
  • Back to Ponyland!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2012, 01:33:04 PM »
WOAH, those are awesome!  I don't collect BJD, but have always thought the eyes on them were pretty amazing...so to see them used on a pony is just LOVE! :heart: 

Thank you so much for sharing your techniques and where to buy them!  That is really cool of you. :biggrin:   

ETA:  Do you have any plans to sell ready made eyes that could be bought and then put into a custom?

I used to sell eyes, but it's becoming hard for me since I live a why out in the boonies, it's hard to get to the post office.  (I walk 20 mins down highways into the nearst town.) ^^; ;

But,  I don't mind offering ready made eyes if I'm asked,  It will just take me awhile to get them shipped out.

And......There's the problem on the money end of things,  I have any right now which is why I'm gonna try to sell a custom pony to buy more eye makeing supplies. 
I don't like to ask for custom eye payments untill the the eyes are compleated. ^^; ;; 

Post Merge: March 30, 2012, 01:36:19 PM

oh lawdy dem eyes!!!! so piercingly beautiful! the second's eyes look like marbles I used to play with with my bro... so beautiful, I wish I could have her♥
the rose on the first is so well drawn! It looks like the rose from beauty and the beast :3

Thank you!  I love her,  she's not exactly "perfect"  But she's so pretty, My first "rose"   I don't have her on hand right now. (I like to update her photos.)  My mother is keeping my herd in another town.  I can't wait to get back home to see her again. :)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 01:36:19 PM by elysion gear »

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2012, 01:36:35 PM »
I have a question... eyes that are already made... how do you dismantle them?

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2012, 01:40:24 PM »
Beautiful! They eyes look great and I love lashes on ponies.

Offline elysion gear

• Captain Jack Pony
  • Back to Ponyland!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2012, 01:40:41 PM »
[

The eyes I use already come dismantled,  They come from the company in two parts ready for painting/customizing.

Please take a look at my website, if the answer isn't there, I'll try my best to answer your questions here.

quote author=Shajana link=topic=291960.msg131229#msg131229 date=1333139357]
I really love the eyes from the blue one! :shocked:

You should see it in person, ;)
It glimmers  blue, green and hints of violet. :D
(Depending on which way you trun it)

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2012, 01:51:05 PM »
[

The eyes I use already come dismantled,  They come from the company in two parts ready for painting/customizing.

Please take a look at my website, if the answer isn't there, I'll try my best to answer your questions here.
Honestly I did XD but according to your links the place that sells the 'oval' eyes says they need to be dismantle ^^; I would buy the already dismantled ones but they are not the shape I need XD Still the site is useful and I'll be looking back there ;)

Offline elysion gear

• Captain Jack Pony
  • Back to Ponyland!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2012, 01:58:03 PM »
[

Honestly I did XD but according to your links the place that sells the 'oval' eyes says they need to be dismantle ^^; I would buy the already dismantled ones but they are not the shape I need XD Still the site is useful and I'll be looking back there ;)

The oval eyes?  oh ok,  I have a photo tutorial that shows how to dismantle them, it's not ready to be posted up the website yet, but  It will be up soon!

Meanwhile, I offer photos from the tut.  (This method will slightly damage the eye-base. but if places correctly in the pony, the damage of the pin-hole will not show)

Step one:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Step 2:

Step 3:

Basicly Your making a hole on the base on the side of the iris then useing a pin to stick under the iris to pry it up and out.
(Hammertime!)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 01:59:52 PM by elysion gear »

Offline lovelauraland

• Trade Count: (+127)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lovelauraland.com
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2012, 02:02:05 PM »
These are stunning, I love your eyes I have some exspensive ones ready painted that I was going to use but I think I got the wrong size or I cut the wrong size hole so I gave up, I would love to see how you cut the ponies eye holes to know how they fit in and what size eyes you use? Can you do a tutorial for us and what glue do you use to keep them in? I'm not too keen on the eye lashes though! By the way your painting is stunning, that rose is beautiful!

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2012, 02:02:33 PM »
The oval eyes?  oh ok,  I have a photo tutorial that shows how to dismantle them, it's not ready to be posted up the website yet, but  It will be up soon!

Meanwhile, I offer photos from the tut.  (This method will slightly damage the eye-base. but if places correctly in the pony, the damage of the pin-hole will not show)

Step one:

Step 2:

Step 3:

Basicly Your making a hole on the base on the side of the iris then useing a pin to stick under the iris to pry it up and out.
(Hammertime!)
Ah I see! I might have to try it with some eyes I pulled from a pony already. Also, love the fact the BJD is the one handling the eye and needle! Saves your hands from pain... sort of XD

Offline elysion gear

• Captain Jack Pony
  • Back to Ponyland!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2012, 02:08:35 PM »
These are stunning, I love your eyes I have some exspensive ones ready painted that I was going to use but I think I got the wrong size or I cut the wrong size hole so I gave up, I would love to see how you cut the ponies eye holes to know how they fit in and what size eyes you use? Can you do a tutorial for us and what glue do you use to keep them in? I'm not too keen on the eye lashes though! By the way your painting is stunning, that rose is beautiful!

Thank you for the suggestion,   I suppose if I want to see other customiser's pony with these eyes I should  do a tutorial eh?

Ok,  I will do it, but It won't be posted up till tomorrow,  I hope that everyone can be patient till then. ^^;
It also may answer a lot of questions that I'm seeing here.

*Whew*  I'm drowning in questions...... :sigh:

Post Merge: March 30, 2012, 02:13:56 PM

** Photo- Snip!**

(Hammertime!)
Ah I see! I might have to try it with some eyes I pulled from a pony already. Also, love the fact the BJD is the one handling the eye and needle! Saves your hands from pain... sort of XD

*lol!*   Yeah  I think I know what kind of eyes you mean, becareful the plastic from those eyes are soft.
 Hee hee, I was having a bit of fun with my dolls.

Ya know.... the very first set of eyes that I customised was that of  a beddybye baby.  THey where so rusty and ugly that I used a pin to pry the eye chip out  and  clean the back of it  then repainted it red.  then glued it back. 
I don't like Beddybye babies I find them rather creepy. so it was my first "victim"

« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 02:13:56 PM by elysion gear »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal