collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Thread Number 1 Too Many.  (Read 101650 times)

Offline Jadis4742

• Trade Count: (+124)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • All the shy pose ponies, please!
    • View Profile
    • Pretty Nerdy
Re: Monster High Thread Number 1 Too Many.
« Reply #1260 on: May 17, 2012, 10:54:32 AM »
That witch is fantastic. I love that shade of green. I'll need two, maybe...one to be a witch, and one to turn into a dryad...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #1261 on: May 17, 2012, 11:06:22 AM »
I guess I'm the only one who's really excited about the cat girl? Her stock faceup is a little weird, but I plan on repainting her lips and giving her a Liv wig.

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: May 17, 2012, 11:14:40 AM »
I guess I'm the only one who's really excited about the cat girl? Her stock faceup is a little weird, but I plan on repainting her lips and giving her a Liv wig.
I love her too! I was JUST thinking exactly the same thing though xD No way is she keeping those disastrous lips and those whiskers are coming off too. I knew I should have bought that pink/blonde liv wig I saw the other day ><, think that would probably look nice on her :)

Offline dragonlady

• Master of Organized Chaos
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+191)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: May 17, 2012, 11:23:16 AM »
ARRRRGH!!! I just received my 3 loose MH dolls I won off ebay today;I was worried as they came packaged in brown paper (no box) but was really upset when I found they had been wrapped in newspaper too!

Ghoulia escaped harm but GB Jackson has a pale pink mark under his right eye and poor GB Lala has a discolored nose tip and her heart had to be removed due to ink. Add in the fact they smell of smoke (not super bad but enough to irritate my asthma) and you have a bummed DL. Thank goodness today is a nice breezy day so I washed them and airing them out as we speak.

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: May 17, 2012, 11:47:38 AM »
I love her too! I was JUST thinking exactly the same thing though xD No way is she keeping those disastrous lips and those whiskers are coming off too. I knew I should have bought that pink/blonde liv wig I saw the other day ><, think that would probably look nice on her

I like the cat girl too (though it's probably because I'm crazy cat lady, lol). I may also opt to remove her whiskers once I get her, it just looks too much like a mustache. ;)

I think I mainly want her to display with Scarah once she's released though, since they were always shown together in the original fear squad. I hope they also end up making the Cyclops girl as an add-on pack somewhere down the line.

I like the witch too, but I think she needs to be restyled from what they gave her to really make her pop. Her face is absolutely gorgeous!

ARRRRGH!!! I just received my 3 loose MH dolls I won off ebay today;I was worried as they came packaged in brown paper (no box) but was really upset when I found they had been wrapped in newspaper too!

Ghoulia escaped harm but GB Jackson has a pale pink mark under his right eye and poor GB Lala has a discolored nose tip and her heart had to be removed due to ink. Add in the fact they smell of smoke (not super bad but enough to irritate my asthma) and you have a bummed DL. Thank goodness today is a nice breezy day so I washed them and airing them out as we speak.

Oh no, I'm sorry dragonlady. :( I hope you alerted the seller and recieved some kind of compensation for the stains and smell. I can't stand the smell of smoke either and I used to be a smoker. A few of my family members also have asthma and can't be around even the slightest hint of cigarette smoke because it can trigger a reaction, so I know how awful it can be for those who have it.

If you have trouble airing them out, try using some activated carbon charcoal marketed for aquarium filters from your local pet shop. I've found that you can get the smoke smell out of many objects by taking the carbon, pouring it in an open tupplewear and setting the container next to said object tied up in a trashbag and left for a week or two. It should suck the offending odor right out.

Good luck and I hope the dolls clean up nice for you! :)

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: May 17, 2012, 11:56:08 AM »
man, that is so not fair. my 8 year old was so upset there was only one torso. she  was like "why do they only have one body for two dolls? this is stupid." ...amen sister.
at least they fixed it, but geez.
I will be snagging the witch/cat set....one for me, one for the kid :D cause OMG green witch!

Will you be rehairing them? I want my witch rehaired in black to resemble the witch from Wicked....

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: May 17, 2012, 12:05:43 PM »
So excited about these new CAM Girls!! Funny how I pulled a complete 180 on these girls. "Errr I don't think I'll be wanting this set" to *See's everyone's CAM and ones with rehairs*"OMG I MUST HAVE THEM!!!!"

I was also thinking Dryad when I saw the witch Jadis!! lol Oh mah goodness, so many custom ideas to come up with with these new ghouls. visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Just as an FYI they do not match up with the webisodes they are majorly different story lines but a good read none the less.

That's what basically got me interested in reading them. XP

Looks like the old CAM starter sets are getting two torsos as well...

OMG Double Torso YES!! I'm so glad I didn't buy any of the CAM starters sets just yet. Good thing I did put them off for a little moment.  :P

But one thing that gots me wondering, is if they add another torso, would that be bringing the price up? since the current retail is about. Estimated $23.00 which is one doll (after tax in certain areas), would they double it since it's kind almost like buying 2 dolls??
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline creedence

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: May 17, 2012, 12:09:39 PM »
Yay!! I just got Spectra for Avi thanks to a super groovy chick on here lol...I'm just soooo glad I can give her her ghost girl doll for her birthday :D. The arena rocks!!  I'm still stocking up for her she's gonna get spoiled rotten.  Seriously I'm more excited to get dolls for her than myself lol I keep mine in box, she plays with hers.  I know no one really cares I just can't contain my joy bwahahaha!

Post Merge: May 17, 2012, 12:10:54 PM

Yay!! I just got Spectra for Avi thanks to a super groovy chick on here lol...I'm just soooo glad I can give her her ghost girl doll for her birthday :D. The arena rocks!!  I'm still stocking up for her she's gonna get spoiled rotten.  Seriously I'm more excited to get dolls for her than myself lol I keep mine in box, she plays with hers.  I know no one really cares I just can't contain my joy bwahahaha!

VincentVJ

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1268 on: May 17, 2012, 12:23:23 PM »
Are the new CAM's common yet?

Edit: Because I found one of each at the store today, and I'm wondering if I should go back and get them...
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 12:30:49 PM by VincentVJ »

Offline PonySeeker128

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Customs
« Reply #1269 on: May 17, 2012, 12:34:08 PM »
I wish I could get ahold of spectra, I have been dying to get her but really don't want to have to buy her from ebay or amazon
Deviant Art~Commissions Are CLOSED~
Wishlist (MH)

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: May 17, 2012, 12:53:10 PM »

Edit: Because I found one of each at the store today, and I'm wondering if I should go back and get them...

The witch CAM? If so, go get it! And get one for me! ha!

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: May 17, 2012, 12:54:03 PM »
If I see them later today I'll pick one or two up! Thanks for letting us know, Vincent!! :D
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

VincentVJ

« Reply #1272 on: May 17, 2012, 12:55:39 PM »

Yea, I saw the witch/cat and the male pack.
I called Target and they are on hold for me. I'm trying to see if my friend wants them before getting them and putting them up here.

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: May 17, 2012, 01:13:38 PM »

I called Target and they are on hold for me. I'm trying to see if my friend wants them before getting them and putting them up here.
FYI, I tried calling just now to see if they could put one on hold for me, but it seems as if all the CAM packs have the same serial number and when I asked the colors to confirm it wasn't the right one :(

VincentVJ

« Reply #1274 on: May 17, 2012, 01:14:40 PM »

FYI, I tried calling just now to see if they could put one on hold for me, but it seems as if all the CAM packs have the same serial number and when I asked the colors to confirm it wasn't the right one :(

They only had the new ones on the shelf at that location. So, unless they are hiding them somewhere, I think I'm pretty safe.
Thanks for the heads up though.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal