collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Thread Number 1 Too Many.  (Read 101863 times)

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Thread Number 1 Too Many.
« Reply #1140 on: May 14, 2012, 07:41:46 AM »
This is mostly baseless, but I have a very strong suspicion that Scarah Screams is going to be the SDCC exclusive. They said she would be released in 2012, but after all of the 2012 dolls that have been revealed so far, Scarah wasn't included? It wouldn't surprise me at all that last year's SDCC poll was actually asking who the next SDCC doll should be...

I've also seen rumors that InvisiBilly will be the exclusive, which makes a little bit of sense since he DID have a character design and bio released. I've seen a couple of crazy people over on Monster High Dolls say that Granite Sanders is going to be the exclusive, and it will be autographed by Garret Sanders, but... Yeah, they're pretty nuts over there. :P

Honestly, I'm just hoping none of this is true, and they do the same thing they did the past two years -- release a special version of an already existing character. I collect one of each character, and I'm probably not going to let the price of an SDCC doll stop me. XD
I had actually thought that Scarah would be the SDCC exclusive. I certainly wouldn't put that sort of stuff by ANY toy company, and it seems rather suspect that we are half way through 2012 without seeing any other info about the doll... I almost hope it's her to save my wallet as I really don't care about her. But at the same time I want an awesome SDCC exclusive all to myself and would hope it's something awesome like last year's (IF ONLY I WAS INTO THESE THEN). All this speculation kills me.

Offline dragonlady

• Master of Organized Chaos
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+191)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: May 14, 2012, 09:05:59 AM »
I'm torn, I would love an Invisibilly but if it was Scarah I wouldn't have to worry about tracking one down, lol (I dislike her doll).

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: May 14, 2012, 09:52:41 AM »
SDCC exclusives aren't that hard to come by, IF you're on top of it when they are released.  The first year exclusive was on Justice's website for awhile after the con, and Deadfast Ghoulia was available on Mattel's (I think) website for awhile too.  Just check here daily after the con and someone will post something.  The people here are just so great.  Always trying to help each other out.  Never wanted SDCC Frankie, but had plenty of time to grab her if I had.  I've never had a difficult time getting SDCC exclusives, just because of this website alone.  SDCC is the only doll I do not have (as I collect them all) and I'm fine with that as she is a variant. 

Also:  That "5 a day" website calls the fairy tale dolls "Collector quality" and that scares me!  They all are collector quality, IMO, but they've never been called that before.  I hope these aren't going to be more expensive then any other releases :cry:
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline SurfStar

• Surfer Pony
  • Trade Count: (+61)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Wind, waves, 'n Sun...
    • View Profile
    • Spunsugar Confections
« Reply #1143 on: May 14, 2012, 03:11:15 PM »
I doubt if they will be since they are still a target exclusive. My guess is that if they released a 'true' collector quality Mattel would sell it through MattyCollector, the way the do the He-Man exclusives and collectors items.

Offline mistic_imp

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Http://www.carolphillipsart.com
« Reply #1144 on: May 14, 2012, 05:30:55 PM »
if scarah is the sdcc doll i hope they  spice her up a bit. she was kind of BLAH. there is a good chance  it will be her, i mean it does kind of make since.

DO companies ever release more than 1 sdcc doll or toy at the same year of sdcc?

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: May 14, 2012, 05:45:44 PM »
Big thanks to an amazing member here who surprised me with Spectra's fashion pack! The outfit looks amazing on my rehaired sea monster, who also arrived today. Soooo gorgeous. Wait till you guys see. You'll die!

Offline WickedWonderland

• Trade Count: (+215)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Okie Dokie Lokie
    • View Profile
    • Flickr - Pony Sales
« Reply #1146 on: May 14, 2012, 06:03:17 PM »
I hope Scarah's not the SDCC exclusive. I want her, but not enough to pay more than a regular release. :/

And I went to a store for the first time in months to look for Rochelle and they had a bunch of Rochelles, Jacksons, Abbeys, Nefera's, Operettas, and one perfect Sweet 1600 Clawdeen.

I had given up finding a good Sweet 1600 Clawdeen, so I convinced myself I didn't want her, but I just love love love her makeup, so I couldn't resist. Someday I'd like to give her a blonde rehair. I also picked up two Rochelles including one with bad bangs, so I can do a rehair and lip repaint on her in the future.

Offline okapishomapi

• Programming Pony
  • Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • NERD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: May 14, 2012, 06:23:19 PM »
So Tuney's (amazing) America's Next Top Monster has me wanting a Nefera. If anyone (preferably in the US) sees her anywhere, could you please pick her up for me? I'm not picky. There's no way I'm going to find her while I'm out here in the middle of no where >.< And if anyone happens to find a wolf sisters pack I'd love to buy that off of you, too!! I'll send ponies as a thank you!!

Thank you in advance :lovey:

edit: Got Nefera!!!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 07:38:43 PM by okapishomapi »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you, taxel and Antlercat!
Okapi's Want List ~ Fishmeal Ref ~ Shomapi Ref

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: May 14, 2012, 06:45:37 PM »
WW: You have to get a 1600 Clawdeen. She's so pretty! And she would look amazing as a blonde. I just know it. I'd love to have a blonde Clawdeen myself. DIVALICIOUS!!!!

Okapi: You must get her! Although I realllllly dislike her outfit and hair. You've got to give her a sideswept part and dress her up in something pretty! Promise me!

Offline PonySeeker128

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Customs
« Reply #1149 on: May 14, 2012, 06:54:16 PM »
So Tuney's (amazing) America's Next Top Monster has me wanting a Nefera. If anyone (preferably in the US) sees her anywhere, could you please pick her up for me? I'm not picky. There's no way I'm going to find her while I'm out here in the middle of no where >.< And if anyone happens to find a wolf sisters pack I'd love to buy that off of you, too!! I'll send ponies as a thank you!!

I can probably find you a Nefera, I seem to run into her quite a bit.
Deviant Art~Commissions Are CLOSED~
Wishlist (MH)

Offline okapishomapi

• Programming Pony
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • NERD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: May 14, 2012, 07:05:43 PM »
Okapi: You must get her! Although I realllllly dislike her outfit and hair. You've got to give her a sideswept part and dress her up in something pretty! Promise me!

I will!! I mean, that's why I wasn't interested in her when she came out...and then I saw your girl and now I NEED her!!!!

!!!! If you get her, I will pay you + shipping + gas money etc. :lovey:

Offline SunnieBunny

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v665/sunniebunny/MLP%204%20TRADE/
« Reply #1151 on: May 14, 2012, 07:11:43 PM »
Is anyone finding the newest fashions? for Operetta, Abbey, Clawdeen, and Lagoona Around?  I was gonna possibly buy a set of 4 off ebay but the seller would not go down to first class shipping and there is no way i'm pay $ to ship them to Canada. PM me if you have access to these pretty pls :D

My Monster High OC of Myself Sunnie Bunny with My Custom TMNT

Offline Jadis4742

• Trade Count: (+124)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • All the shy pose ponies, please!
    • View Profile
    • Pretty Nerdy
« Reply #1152 on: May 14, 2012, 07:13:05 PM »
Nefera's on Amazon for $19.99. Free two-day shipping if you're a Prime member.

Offline okapishomapi

• Programming Pony
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • NERD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: May 14, 2012, 07:31:48 PM »
Nefera's on Amazon for $19.99. Free two-day shipping if you're a Prime member.

OH CRAP *runs to Amazon*

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: May 14, 2012, 07:34:27 PM »

I will!! I mean, that's why I wasn't interested in her when she came out...and then I saw your girl and now I NEED her!!!!

!!!! If you get her, I will pay you + shipping + gas money etc. :lovey:

It will take some time and effort to reset her part, but the result is well worth it. If you wash her hair, braid it to the side, curl it up, pin it, and let it sit for a week or so (as pictured directly below) her hair will turn out as it looks in the picture directly below that.

Nefera as Pride by tuneful87, on Flickr

008 by tuneful87, on Flickr

Good luck on snagging her on Amazon! Let us know what happens!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal