collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Thread Number 1 Too Many.  (Read 101572 times)

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Thread Number 1 Too Many.
« Reply #690 on: April 28, 2012, 10:01:57 PM »
I don't think Scarah has a planned release anytime soon, but I hope we get an estimated date soon. I think she'd be one I'd like to have. :)

I agree, Yuitsu. The stocking for MH dolls isn't great, but the scalpers aren't really helping the cause. The moment they're spotted on shelves, they're usually gone pretty quickly. My local TRU has a "2 Monster High dolls per guest" policy, and I think some stores should consider a simular policy. For example, if they see someone walking out with 5 Cupids and 4 Rochelles, they should say something. It's not necessarily the store's business but it's not fair that collectors and children alike are missing out on toys they like because someone thinks it's okay to be buying the entire shelves and selling them for double.. :/
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Airiel

• Trade Count: (+69)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Professional Parasol Seeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: April 28, 2012, 10:06:02 PM »
Sorry you guys haven't been able to find them either.  I guess it's not just NJ. :/

I am so disappointed right now.
I just opened my new Dead Tired Frankie.  My Walmart had a bunch of the Dead Tired dolls and I rooted through about 15 different Frankies until I found the one with the nicest face.  Little did I know that a nice face-up was the least of my problems.

Her pantlegs are uneven.  Not only are they uneven, they are completely different.  Frankie's right pantleg is a much looser fit than the left one.  She has scraped paint on her legs, as well as dirt and smudges.  The worst part of all is that her left leg is longer than her right leg.  I didn't realize it until I stood her up in her stand and one of her feet was connecting with the stand base while the other one was not.  It is especially evident when she's wearing her slippers, but also noticeable without them.

I don't know what to do.  I have contacted Mattel with complaints twice already.  One for when my Signature Abbey's arm snapped and once for when I got a signature Deuce with a tear in his plastic.  I'm afraid that Mattel just won't care or do anything about this.  I am so upset.

And no, I don't have the receipt. :(

I have a couple extra DT Frankies that I could look at for you.  I was hunting for one without the googly eyes that she seems to have and ended up with four of them, I think.  I could easily send you one with googly eyes and you can swap heads or I could just send you the body.  Let me know if you might be interested!! 

Airiel

"Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly."

Offline Chi

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: April 28, 2012, 10:09:12 PM »
I don't know if you're aware, Airiel, but chrome gave me a big no-no when clicking this page after your post and I think it's your signature. :(

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: April 28, 2012, 10:52:49 PM »
I don't know if you're aware, Airiel, but chrome gave me a big no-no when clicking this page after your post and I think it's your signature. :(

I got the same thing :S

Offline okapishomapi

• Programming Pony
  • Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • NERD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: April 28, 2012, 11:35:37 PM »
I got that error as well, but then if you click on Airiel's profile it doesn't come up O.o

Post Merge: April 28, 2012, 11:36:56 PM

Never mind, I looked at the URL of her siggy image and it's definitely that one :/

Thank you, taxel and Antlercat!
Okapi's Want List ~ Fishmeal Ref ~ Shomapi Ref

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: April 28, 2012, 11:41:36 PM »
I agree, Yuitsu. The stocking for MH dolls isn't great, but the scalpers aren't really helping the cause. The moment they're spotted on shelves, they're usually gone pretty quickly. My local TRU has a "2 Monster High dolls per guest" policy, and I think some stores should consider a simular policy. For example, if they see someone walking out with 5 Cupids and 4 Rochelles, they should say something. It's not necessarily the store's business but it's not fair that collectors and children alike are missing out on toys they like because someone thinks it's okay to be buying the entire shelves and selling them for double.. :/

I wish the stores in my area would adopt that sort of policy. I don't know how many times I've seen people throwing stuff off shelves (yes, literally) into a cart and leaving none for no one else. But I guess a lot of stores don't care enough, or don't have the resources or ability (fear of losing money) to do it. Ugh.

Offline Prismatic

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+55)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: April 28, 2012, 11:44:22 PM »
I was actually just talking about that with my fiance, about how hard it can be to find dolls and how scalpers make it even harder.  We even discussed limits, so I'm a little surprised your TRU does the limit.  In one way, it sux for the people who can't be there when the shipment gets there.  In the other, they were there first...They probably walk a tight line between the 2.  But honestly, even if they impose a limit per guest, it's pretty clear that the stuff sells XD

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: April 29, 2012, 07:27:28 AM »
I finally got my hands on a SS Lagoona. I am a huge Lagoona fan and strive to collect all her dolls, but the SS line has been pretty scarce around here. I knew she'd turn up as she's a more common doll so  waited instead of turning to the internet and it paid off! She is so pretty! Now if I could only find her DT loose....

papier

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #698 on: April 29, 2012, 08:34:40 AM »
Sorry for butting in...I hope someone can help.

I got the werecat twins and one of Meowlody's leg stripes is all scratched up. I have no idea how to mod or repair dolls, so I was just wondering if anyone could tell me if there's a particular type of paint I need to use on her? Many thanks in advance!

I have to say, other than the one dodgy leg stripe, these are the best werecats I've seen QC wise. It pays to shop around and find them in store rather than online! I also saw the classroom dolls and a perfect Nefera...I wish I'd bought her and home ick Frankie now, but all together it would've cost like £70 X|

Offline MsTwilight

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: April 29, 2012, 09:39:51 AM »
Just a heads up that SS Frankie was on sale (yesterday atleast) at Kohl's for $4.49. If you have a Kohl's charge you should have the extra 20% coupon which makes them cheaper than walmart!

Offline Saiko

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: April 29, 2012, 02:01:03 PM »
A Skull Shores Gil retails at £11.99 but is being resold for 4 times that because Mattel can't sort their stock out, it's insane. That said I'm waiting to see if they release Gil in normal clothes, now that they've done that to Jackson two years after Gloom Beach..

I'm hoping for a Signature Gil too. The only time I ever saw a SS one I snapped him up and took him to the till, only for the cashier to tell me that he's not on their system and they can't sell him to me. The next time I checked the store he was gone. That Tesco hasn't restocked since then, all they've had is a single SS Ghoulia on the shelf since March.
:heart:

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: April 29, 2012, 04:08:44 PM »
Broke down and bought a Howleen off of eBay. Bad girl, I know, but I was so desperate, even with someone on the lookout for me. I get all panicky and I have a bad habit of obsessing a bit over things (usually more important things lol but, she's like my MH grail!) and I couldn;t stop looking her up on amazon and ebay and rifling through pics of her on google. I need her in my possession!

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: April 29, 2012, 05:56:56 PM »
Does anyone need help getting SS Lagoona, Ghoulia, or Abbey? My local Stop & Shop has them all, although I didn't see a price. No idea how much they're going for.

Offline Chi

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: April 29, 2012, 06:02:23 PM »
Ack, now Airiel's avatar is doing it. Everything linked from that site automatically blocks my browser from seeing this thread.
I'd so ask you to pick up SS Lagoona for me but I just can't be spending money on things right now. :(

Tagi

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #704 on: April 29, 2012, 06:35:00 PM »
Her avatar is linking to her profile - must be something bad on her profile?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal