collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Thread Number 1 Too Many.  (Read 101553 times)

Offline Midnight_Dream

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • May the llama be with you!
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Thread Number 1 Too Many.
« Reply #675 on: April 27, 2012, 11:32:10 PM »
Today I found a GB Frankie with/ bathing suit, shoes, and earings. i was LIKE OMG when i was digging through the bin of barbies and pulled her out. There was a price tag on her leg for $4.99 the thrift stores here are doing stupid prices lately on everything making Value Village prices cheaper. So i was sneaky and pealed it off to see what they'd price me at the counter. I also picked up another cheapy dollar store doll that i wanted the clothes from and she was marked $1, so basically when i paid for all my stuff the lady rang both dolls up as $1 each. WOOOT i paid a buck for a monster high doll YEAY!

I am sorry, but that is not something I would brag about. You basically did a form of stealing by peeling off that price tag and paying way less for the doll. Asking if they would take less for her would have been the way to go, but what you did....that is just extremely rude.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline SunnieBunny

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v665/sunniebunny/MLP%204%20TRADE/
« Reply #676 on: April 27, 2012, 11:51:34 PM »
Thanks Midnight_Dream when you put it that way yes i was wrong for bragging and It was  wrong for what i did. :( sorry i posted.

My Monster High OC of Myself Sunnie Bunny with My Custom TMNT

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: April 28, 2012, 02:44:05 AM »
Went looking for MH and new ponies yesterday.  Nothing.  Sometimes I feel like the only person on here who hasn't seen Rochelle, Jackson, or Abbey in stores yet. :<

For those who rehair MH dolls or hair CAMs, what type of hair do you use to do it?  Saran or something else? And where do you buy it?

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: April 28, 2012, 02:46:10 AM »
Don't feel bad, I haven't found Rochelle or Abbey either so we're on the same boat. =_=;
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: April 28, 2012, 07:11:57 AM »
I haven't seen them in stores either and I went to several last night. Nothing but a few Skull Shores Ghoulia's and her Phys Ed version.

If I hadn't purchased Rochelle off a member here. I don't know when I would have seen her. I already have Abby from the earlier release of her but I neeeed Jackson. I don't wanna miss out on him.

I've already missed out on the Werecat Twins cause I don't have the funds to pick them up yet.

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: April 28, 2012, 08:26:20 AM »
Sorry you guys haven't been able to find them either.  I guess it's not just NJ. :/

I am so disappointed right now.
I just opened my new Dead Tired Frankie.  My Walmart had a bunch of the Dead Tired dolls and I rooted through about 15 different Frankies until I found the one with the nicest face.  Little did I know that a nice face-up was the least of my problems.

Her pantlegs are uneven.  Not only are they uneven, they are completely different.  Frankie's right pantleg is a much looser fit than the left one.  She has scraped paint on her legs, as well as dirt and smudges.  The worst part of all is that her left leg is longer than her right leg.  I didn't realize it until I stood her up in her stand and one of her feet was connecting with the stand base while the other one was not.  It is especially evident when she's wearing her slippers, but also noticeable without them.

I don't know what to do.  I have contacted Mattel with complaints twice already.  One for when my Signature Abbey's arm snapped and once for when I got a signature Deuce with a tear in his plastic.  I'm afraid that Mattel just won't care or do anything about this.  I am so upset.

And no, I don't have the receipt. :(
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 08:31:55 AM by Tropical_Sunset »

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: April 28, 2012, 08:54:03 AM »
Christ, that's really bad! I suggest contacting Mattel again tho, best case scenario they will do something for you and maybe they will start to understand about QC.

Offline SurfStar

• Surfer Pony
  • Trade Count: (+61)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Wind, waves, 'n Sun...
    • View Profile
    • Spunsugar Confections
« Reply #682 on: April 28, 2012, 09:25:45 AM »
Christ, that's really bad! I suggest contacting Mattel again tho, best case scenario they will do something for you and maybe they will start to understand about QC.

I agree. If we aren't contacting them, they won't know. Just stay nice about it an explain the issues.

Offline SkitLeDee

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Power Puff Pony
  • A silly artist trying to make in in a huge fandom.
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: April 28, 2012, 12:26:47 PM »
Congratz SkitLeDee!

I too found my first MH at the thrift store.
Today I found a GB Frankie with/ bathing suit, shoes, and earings. i was LIKE OMG when i was digging through the bin of barbies and pulled her out.
Wow,lucky you!My store has the bags of dolls/ponies instead of a bin so I was definately surprised.Along with that,her forearms are missing.
You got seriously lucky.GB Frankie is quite the cutie.

Speaking of which if any of you happen to have any loose forearms and hands to give,please let me know!Shes bait anyway,so I don't mind if they aren't Cleos arms specifically.
....I'm stuck here forever,aren't I?

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: April 28, 2012, 12:38:35 PM »
STILL looking for a Howleen. I have a member here on the lookout for me in the UK, though, so hopefully she'll turn up soon. I almost bought her loose on eBay last night, but none of the sellers ship to Canada! Uh, we're your hat! How difficult is it to send it up here?!?

Offline vortex1310

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: April 28, 2012, 03:08:48 PM »
Uh, we're your hat!

Oh my gosh! I've never heard that phrase before! That's hilarious.

Best of luck though! I haven't seen any Howleens around here either.

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: April 28, 2012, 03:24:29 PM »
I'll be posting the next thread for America's Next Top Monster momentarily. Make sure you check it out!

Offline SkitLeDee

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Power Puff Pony
  • A silly artist trying to make in in a huge fandom.
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: April 28, 2012, 03:27:31 PM »
Oh yay!
Hey tuney,you mentioned outtakes.Where will you be posting those?
....I'm stuck here forever,aren't I?

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: April 28, 2012, 04:17:27 PM »
I posted a few of last week's outtakes at the beginning of this week's thread. I can upload a few more, though, since you asked so nicely! Hang tight!

Offline Yuitsu

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Gamer Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: April 28, 2012, 05:02:35 PM »
I decided a while back to stick to one of each doll. In the UK, we're just getting the first few trickles of the Werecat set. (I refuse to call them twins.) It'll probably be near Christmas we get Venus, Rochelle, Robecca and Scarah.

That said, I think Mattel may have gone a bit overboard to really milk the parents and collectors. The original concept was children of the classic monsters. The only plant I can think of was Seymour, and he was just a plant in a pot. Because we're so far behind and still seem to have stock issues, we don't get hit with all of them at once but releasing 3 or 4 new dolls onto the market isn't fair. Releasing one every 3 months would make more sense. A Skull Shores Gil retails at £11.99 but is being resold for 4 times that because Mattel can't sort their stock out, it's insane. That said I'm waiting to see if they release Gil in normal clothes, now that they've done that to Jackson two years after Gloom Beach..

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal