collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Thread Number 1 Too Many.  (Read 101918 times)

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Thread Number 1 Too Many.
« Reply #615 on: April 25, 2012, 03:11:36 PM »

I agree! Those big innocent eyes are what win me over with her. :P  My previous one had uneven eyes that just drove me nuts, but she's still adorable. Are they uneven like that? Or worse?  :shocked:

I would rather have had your error because even though one pupil looks blown, both eyes were painted in their sockets, at least! xD My Rochelle's left eye wasn't properly painted into the eye-socket "bulge" that her face mold has so it looks like it's trying to crawl off her face to her hairline, or like she has a swollen eye. :crazy:  So sad because other than the misprinted eye, she is so pretty!
Awww, poor thing. :(
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline SunnieBunny

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v665/sunniebunny/MLP%204%20TRADE/
« Reply #616 on: April 25, 2012, 03:15:58 PM »

I agree! Those big innocent eyes are what win me over with her. :P  My previous one had uneven eyes that just drove me nuts, but she's still adorable. Are they uneven like that? Or worse?  :shocked:

I would rather have had your error because even though one pupil looks blown, both eyes were painted in their sockets, at least! xD My Rochelle's left eye wasn't properly painted into the eye-socket "bulge" that her face mold has so it looks like it's trying to crawl off her face to her hairline, or like she has a swollen eye. :crazy:  So sad because other than the misprinted eye, she is so pretty!

maybe someone was trying to be funny and make her look like Quasimodo lol
Just kidding.
Sorry to tease you about her flaw.

My Monster High OC of Myself Sunnie Bunny with My Custom TMNT

Rococo

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #617 on: April 25, 2012, 03:23:27 PM »
It wouldn't be so bad if this was a one-off but I can't be guaranteed that my Amazon replacement will be any better. :P  I'm just hoping I can find a pretty one in stores because I don't want to keep harassing Amazon for replacements... Don't want my account banned for being an annoying customer. :yikes:

I was also at TRU today and finally saw the Werecat twins set in person. Wow, people weren't joking when they spoke of their paint flaws. They had three sets on the shelves and none of them had decent/remotely acceptable paint.  :wacko:  They also had tons of SS Frankies at the discount price of... $16.99. No wonder they're not moving stock; that price is just a tad too much to swallow.

Offline Chi

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: April 25, 2012, 03:32:48 PM »
But but, you could always ask here for a nicer Rochelle if your replacement ends up being not much better. You don't HAVE to keep bugging Amazon. :P
Oh wow, were the faces THAT bad..? Like, really bad..? That's disappointing.. I saw a few dolls at Walmart and most of their faces were pretty bad. I really wanted the science Lagoona but the black from her eyes had a line going across the entire eye paint and the other eye just looked like a 5 year old painted it. I was pretty bummed but at least I know which Walmart stocks more often.
I noticed those B&W SS Frankies have been on the shelves for a while now. I like her, but I honestly don't like her enough to pay almost $17 for her. She's not that high on my want list..

Rococo

« Reply #619 on: April 25, 2012, 03:41:57 PM »
Hehe if Amazon sends me another one I deem a dud, I'll try to replace her from a nice member here. xD

And yes, the faces were pretty bad... Normally I'm not too picky about MH dolls' eyes and I'd say the majority of dolls in my collection have uneven eyes, with one being a little bigger than the other or not 100% aligned, but the twins were just too much even for me. I think the fact that so much of their face is painted doesn't help matters at all. A lot of the paint jobs on their white facial stripe seemed splotchy/not completely filled in and their eyes were roaming everywhere lol. Good luck finding a pretty Mad Science Lagoona. She's my 2nd favorite one (maybe tied with wave 2 Lagoona, depending on my mood)!

I think the $17 price tag on Frankie is a bit excessive and I would never pay that price either. @_@ It was also tough trying to find her with a decent paint job even though they had at least 25 of her on the shelves.

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: April 25, 2012, 04:04:26 PM »
That's why I pretty much never buy dolls online.  I am so picky when it comes to things like their eyes being printed in their actual sockets.  Apparently that's a ridiculously high standard to have, but there ya go.  I haven't bought any of the new G4s for the same reason.  I keep seeing ponies and MH dolls with one big eye and one small eye, and eyes printed out of their sockets and I am just not into that, sorry.

I thought I was paying top dollar for SS Frankie even marked 40% off at Justice.  Then when I saw the ones at TRU for $16.99 I was blown away!!  That doll is less than FIVE DOLLARS elsewhere.  And the dolls at TRU had smudgy eyes... o__O

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: April 25, 2012, 04:05:19 PM »
I haven't been keeping up lately. Do we have any release dates for some of the new dolls?

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: April 25, 2012, 04:11:19 PM »
When I bought my SS Frankie I saw her for $9.99 compared to $15.99. I thought I was getting a huge deal by getting her only for $9.99, then I went to Walmart some time later and I saw that she was for $4.95, so I bought a random one there and returned the $9.99 one and got my money back.
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Chi

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: April 25, 2012, 05:45:40 PM »
I found a Nefera at Walmart today and picked her up since I saw people were looking for her. She's got a really pretty faceup with only a teeny tiny scratch under her left eyebrow (not ON the eyebrow) but everything else is pretty aligned and scratch-free.
If you're interested, please let me know! I'll let her go for retail + shipping. I can debox her for you if you'd like to save on shipping. :)

She's found a new home in Finland. :cheer:
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 10:15:17 PM by Chi »

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: April 25, 2012, 08:01:09 PM »
For those looking for the Howleen pack, Target.com says it's not sold in stores. NOT SOLD IN STORES ;.;

Offline vortex1310

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: April 25, 2012, 08:20:56 PM »
Rococo, I have two Rochelle's for trade if you're interested. Both of their faces look great.

If anyone is interested I'm looking to trade for some MIBs I missed:

Dawn of the Dance Walmart Draculaura
Dawn of the Dance Lagoona
Dawn of the Dance Ghoulia
Spectra
2nd Wave Lagoona
Clawdeen/Howleen
Cupid

Offline SkitLeDee

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Power Puff Pony
  • A silly artist trying to make in in a huge fandom.
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: April 26, 2012, 04:35:26 AM »
Rococo, I have two Rochelle's for trade if you're interested. Both of their faces look great.

If anyone is interested I'm looking to trade for some MIBs I missed:

Dawn of the Dance Walmart Draculaura
Dawn of the Dance Lagoona
Dawn of the Dance Ghoulia
Spectra
2nd Wave Lagoona
Clawdeen/Howleen
Cupid

Do you have anything you'd be interested in trading for a nude,but no flaws DOTD Draculaura?
....I'm stuck here forever,aren't I?

Offline creedence

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: April 26, 2012, 06:47:28 AM »
1.  Those skeleton customs are gorgeous!

2.  I got a Sweet 1600 Frankie for my niece off of amazon & her hair & box are pretty gross...It's too much trouble to send it back, I don't think she'll mind too much...But I was bummed!

3. Why do Draculuara & Frankie always get the cute outfits & Cleo & Clawdeen get the weird wonky homely outfits?? :(   

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: April 26, 2012, 06:57:24 AM »
1.  Those skeleton customs are gorgeous!

2.  I got a Sweet 1600 Frankie for my niece off of amazon & her hair & box are pretty gross...It's too much trouble to send it back, I don't think she'll mind too much...But I was bummed!

3. Why do Draculuara & Frankie always get the cute outfits & Cleo & Clawdeen get the weird wonky homely outfits?? :(   

Ahaha, Cleo's GB outfit isn't homely at all. I can't get it to cover her whole..chest.

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

pinjalinnea

« Reply #629 on: April 26, 2012, 06:59:55 AM »
Awww, I just said to Hannaliten the other day that all my dolls have arrived in a nice shape in bubble envelopes. Well, now I got a doll in a box. The box wasn't taped too well and it had opened a bit. And for some reason one of her hands had gotten loose and now it's missing. She was wrapped in bubblewrap, but that wasn't taped close. So now I got a handless doll and no way of getting her a new hand.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal