collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Thread Number 1 Too Many.  (Read 101865 times)

Offline Ravie

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • That's So Ravie
Re: Monster High Thread Number 1 Too Many.
« Reply #180 on: April 06, 2012, 09:03:06 PM »
My advice would be too brush it. Well wash and brush it. My Purrsephone (black haired one) was the one that was bad about it when I got her, but after getting out what was coming out after dunking her head in near boiling water, I haven't had further problems and she didn't lose enough to go bald or anything.

oh, and my Wal-Mart haul tonight
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

they had 3 SS Lalas, I was kinda surprised. A little pissed too that they took Gil out of the assortment in order for Lalas to pile up worse than the Ghoulias >.<

xXCosmicBurstXx

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #181 on: April 07, 2012, 12:18:53 AM »
Since I'm really new to Monster High dolls, can you tell me what other doll clothes fit them? And how much do the fashion packs cost the US? They are around $18 here and I'm really apalled by that price!

The Wall-Mart around where I live sells fashion packs for 8.00 whereas Target charges 14.00 for the fashion packs. I totally agree with you. Eighteen dollars is a lot of money to spend on a fashion pack. You could get a new doll for around that price.

pinjalinnea

« Reply #182 on: April 07, 2012, 12:44:05 AM »
I tried my hand at making clothes for my MH dolls yesterday. I sew a skirt and a top for Operetta and then I knit a long sweater for Frankie. What do you guys think?

Offline Alrak

• Wicked Pony of the West
  • Trade Count: (+29)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 07, 2012, 05:11:24 AM »
Since I'm really new to Monster High dolls, can you tell me what other doll clothes fit them? And how much do the fashion packs cost the US? They are around $18 here and I'm really apalled by that price!

The Wall-Mart around where I live sells fashion packs for 8.00 whereas Target charges 14.00 for the fashion packs. I totally agree with you. Eighteen dollars is a lot of money to spend on a fashion pack. You could get a new doll for around that price.

Maybe they have Ghoulia's comic book club fashion? i missed it :/

Offline knitgirl

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 07, 2012, 06:55:08 AM »
OMG Frankie in knitwear is AMAZING!!!! Any idea where I can find a pattern?

I want Dead Tired Lagoona too.  I wish they would have re-released her as a single in the DT 2.0 line.  I didn't want to pay the extra money for the hydration station to get her, but now I wish I had since I can't find it in the stores anymore.

Offline SweetScoops

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 07, 2012, 07:28:06 AM »
Thank you jupiternwndrlnd! They do look great! :D
One is loved because one is loved, no reason is needed for loving - Coelho.

pinjalinnea

« Reply #187 on: April 07, 2012, 07:37:09 AM »
Knitgirl, I just made that up as I went along. It's basically a top down raglan sleeved sweater, so there's no seams! I also made some waist shaping, but the sweater is a bit too big so they're not that obivous. I think I'll need to do another one and maybe I'll write a pattern.

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 07, 2012, 09:15:10 AM »
My advice would be too brush it. Well wash and brush it. My Purrsephone (black haired one) was the one that was bad about it when I got her, but after getting out what was coming out after dunking her head in near boiling water, I haven't had further problems and she didn't lose enough to go bald or anything.

I agree with Ravie, I've experienced this with many of the longer-haired MH dolls. I've had a few seem like they were loosing chunks of hair right out of the box, but I find that it's usually just extra plugs that didn't fully go into the head. My Werecats actually had clumps out by the time I was done brushing them and I looked after to see if they were missing any plugs and none of them were empty.

If you do find that they have any bald patches after, I would definitely contact Mattel and complain. They're usually good about any kind of factory defects and I think that a doll with rooted hair you can't brush with risk of loosing it would certainly qualify. ;)

Speaking of Werecat Twins, I ran into roughly about three cases of them on the shelves last week. I was shocked to see so many but then noticed that every single one had something glaringly wrong with it. One Meowlody was even missing her eyes! I wish I had my phone on me so I could have taken a picture. Someone must have bought it though, as my TRU was wiped out yesterday. I guess I should count myself fortunate that I found two sets prior (one went to a friend) that looked great by comparison.

I'm starting to stress about finding signature Jackson now. I watched an employee at my local Walmart unload a case of Sweet 1600 dolls yesterday and Clawd was nowhere to be found in the assortment. It kind of sucks how Mattel has given people such a comparatively small window to track down he and SS Gil, I haven't seen many of them on the shelves in the time that they've been released. I have a feeling that it's going to be the same for Jackson once Robecca and Venus hit stores. :/

Obscuria

« Reply #189 on: April 07, 2012, 12:09:12 PM »
Thank you Mandy and Ravie for the hair advice. Will have to try that.

I have not even SEEN GIL ONCE...and it kills me as he's one of the boys I really do want, and forget Sweet 1600 Clawd as well, tons of the others, no Clawd and Jackson will probably be the same. It is so frustrating, I have given up on Gil which I hate because I just can' afford him on-line...~le-sigh~

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 07, 2012, 01:05:20 PM »
I saw quite a few MH at Stop & Shop today! A supermarket all places!

I also took a ton of new MH pics. I'll upload them in a few hours.

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #191 on: April 07, 2012, 01:51:47 PM »
Hey, have you guys seen the pictures of the new CAM add-ons?

Ghost girl

Puma boy

That ghost girl... I adore everything about her.

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 07, 2012, 02:00:29 PM »
I need the dress from the ghost girl set! Howleen will look so cute in it!!

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 07, 2012, 02:20:12 PM »
The ghost looks scary, but she's got some hot shoes! And the puma is...blue?! Wow, didn't know they were changing that! I hope the witch remains green.

Offline Buddafly

• ERMAHGERD PWNIES!
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • coffee addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 07, 2012, 02:25:32 PM »
I'm kinda meh about all thew new cams.  I will get them though, because we all know what happens if you pass something up when you get the chance to snag it.

you never see it again, and THEN you want it.
looking into a re-branding.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal