collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Your Oldest Most loved non-pony possession  (Read 11960 times)

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
Re: Your Oldest Most loved non-pony possession
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2012, 11:52:24 AM »
I'm fascinated that most of these are stuffed animals.  : D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2012, 12:10:39 PM »
I have two.

My childhood bunny, Bunny.  Got her when I was little as a prize in a Easter coloring contest.  My sister ripped her head off once.  It was awful.

And second my Yum Yum Jelly Bean Bunny.  My grandpa got him for me one weekend when I was spending the night with him and Grams.  Now that he isn't with me anymore I love my Yum Yum even more.
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline sabathamk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sabrinas-space.blogspot.com
« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2012, 01:14:36 PM »
Oh man... I have a few.  There's my glow worm from the 80s.  She doesn't have her battery pack and bulb anymore (my dad took it out after getting irritated at changing the batteries so often on that thing).  I still have my old doll 'Bethany'.  She had a cute red dress (needs repairs... again) was a stuffed doll with plastic hands and head, and brown hair with red bows in her pigtails.  She had eyes that opened and closed (which need fixing desperately) and her head has been ripped off by a mean old dog once.  I was so upset.  My dad melted the plastic back together using his sautering tool so I could still have my Bethany.  I want to rehair her someday, as her hair is so matted and fallen out in so many places.  She still feels good just to hold though... brings me back to all our tea parties and picnics at the old farm.  And playing doctor... the severed neck helped there, haha.  My daughter saw her the other day when I was attempting to fix her hair and eyes and was practically begging to hold her and play with her.  :)  Makes me want to repair her as much as possible so my daughter can enjoy her as well.

The other item I can think of is my carousel.  I got it when I was really little... I don't know how old, but it's at least well over 20 years.  It's musical... you turn the bottom and it spins and plays a song.  I finally put it up in my kids room a while ago, and it fell after a door slammed (sigh) and broke in a few places.  I fixed it best I could, and put it up somewhere with more room so it won't fall again.  I love it.  It was one of the few 'pretty' things I had when I was little.  And carousels were always my favorite.  :)

Thanks to Cardinal Melody\'s pony maker!
wishlist/adoptables

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2012, 04:36:47 PM »
Well mine are two of those mini plush that have clips under their fabric in the front legs so you can clip them to things. I will post a pic later. they are well worn and i have had both of them sense kindergarten. One is a white pegasus with purple wings and the other is a yellow/pink/white zebra. both are missing the tails , one ear, and my little zebra is missing an eye. they sit with my ponies though and i wish i could find more of them.

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2012, 04:44:49 PM »
Oh man... I have a few.  There's my glow worm from the 80s.  She doesn't have her battery pack and bulb anymore (my dad took it out after getting irritated at changing the batteries so often on that thing).  I still have my old doll 'Bethany'.  She had a cute red dress (needs repairs... again) was a stuffed doll with plastic hands and head, and brown hair with red bows in her pigtails.  She had eyes that opened and closed (which need fixing desperately) and her head has been ripped off by a mean old dog once.  I was so upset.  My dad melted the plastic back together using his sautering tool so I could still have my Bethany.  I want to rehair her someday, as her hair is so matted and fallen out in so many places.  She still feels good just to hold though... brings me back to all our tea parties and picnics at the old farm.  And playing doctor... the severed neck helped there, haha.  My daughter saw her the other day when I was attempting to fix her hair and eyes and was practically begging to hold her and play with her.  :)  Makes me want to repair her as much as possible so my daughter can enjoy her as well.

The other item I can think of is my carousel.  I got it when I was really little... I don't know how old, but it's at least well over 20 years.  It's musical... you turn the bottom and it spins and plays a song.  I finally put it up in my kids room a while ago, and it fell after a door slammed (sigh) and broke in a few places.  I fixed it best I could, and put it up somewhere with more room so it won't fall again.  I love it.  It was one of the few 'pretty' things I had when I was little.  And carousels were always my favorite.  :)

You know I may have one of those old battery packs laying around.  If I can find it would you want it?
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline StarSwirl05

• Pearlized G3 Prototype Pony
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Njyugioh
« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2012, 05:02:38 PM »
Well I've got several toys that fit into this category (and they're all in their own same category) but here's one of them:
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/007/3/0/battlebots_grip_n_grapplers_toro_front_by_masteryubel-d4lngr9.jpg
It's a toy version of the Battlebot Toro from the TV show Battlebots. Loved the show as a kid (still do now!)

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • Trade Count: (+158)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pickle barrel kumquat cherrychanga!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2012, 05:15:47 PM »
May sound silly but I have a few.  (I'll add pics later)

I have the giraffe I was given when I was born...dad accidentally threw it away when I was a teen, and I hunted for it on ebay for quite some time til I found the exact one.  =]  doesn't have all the ink missing from it's tag cause I sucked on it, but hey, it's my same old Baby.  =]

I have a stuffed dog I call Big Dog that I've had since I was three...one of very few old memories I have from way back when...I remember my great grandparents coming up my grandparent's drive, with Big Dog on Granny's lap, with a huge red bow around his neck. 

And my daddy gave me my Lamby one year for Valentine's day... (I never had someone over V-Day til this year...and only cause I ended up marrying him two days before xD.  I sleep with him every single night. 

And then there is my dog babeh.  Rough Collie and Border Collie mix, sweet and smart and handsome all at once.  I love Patch.  =] 

If it's old we are talking about as far as age, then the diamonds in my wedding ring are my DH's great grandmother's, and were passed down to his grandmother, then his mom, and now to me.  =] 
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 05:33:22 PM by TexasGal »

Offline Leopard_Print_Unicorn

• New Wave pony on your Lisa Frank notebook
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Sales Thread:
« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2012, 05:20:59 PM »
That depends on your definition of old. If by "had in my possession the longest," then:

My dad won her for me at Carowinds, an amusement park, when I was about 3. I forget her original name, but for as long as I can remember it's been "Killer." If you've ever owned a small, especially female, terrier dog, then you know why :) She went everywhere with me for a time, and now she is smooshed flat, her fur is matted, and her eyes have "cataracts" from being scraped. Now she is retired and sleeps on my bed, and I have a younger stuffed dog that travels with me when my real doggies can't.

I have an older lovey named Chopees, short for Lamb Chops. He is pink and my great-grandmother crocheted him for me when I was born. He was my all time favorite, but he is not currently in my possession but my mother's.

If by literally oldest item, then this:

Sorry for the crappy photo quality. I took the picture with my left hand and the ring on my right because I cannot bear to put a ring back on my left finger. It still feels weird without one.

My grandmother's sister died of pancreatic cancer fairly young, with no children. This was her ring and upon her death, it went back to her mother (the same one who sewed me Chopees). She eventually gave it to one of her other daughters, my grandmother, who had only sons. So as the oldest granddaughter, I inherited it upon her death. I mean they literally took it off her finger right before they closed the casket and put it in my hand. I have no idea what it's worth, but very precious to my family and I.

Honorable mention goes to the black leather motorcycle jacket that my other grandmother gave me for Christmas when I was 13 because my mom didn't want me to have one. Of all the people in the world, I am most like her and I still miss her to this day.
Formerly known as ponyRN.

Offline sabathamk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sabrinas-space.blogspot.com
« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2012, 07:00:10 PM »

You know I may have one of those old battery packs laying around.  If I can find it would you want it?

Seriously?  From the old glow worms?  I would love it if I know it would fit!  Thank you!  :)

Thanks to Cardinal Melody\'s pony maker!
wishlist/adoptables

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2012, 07:33:29 PM »
Battlebots!  XD  I like those hehe.

If we're tslking actual age...probably a book I have of animal stories from 1902.  Wait, no...I have some coins from the 1800s...one is from 1860-something I think.  I do have a loooot of things that are older than I am.  My stereo is at least 6 years older.  (I was born in 1976) I have a Monkees thermos from the 60s...I like old things.  : D  Especially old things that I am interested in

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2012, 08:03:26 PM »
I don't have a lot of items from my childhood, but I have a couple of things: my oldest blanket, a hand-quilted item made for me as a baby, and a jewelry box that I've had as long as I can remember.

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2012, 08:04:09 PM »
I have Ty Beenie Baby McD butterfly (2 actually) I don't know where they are, but I remember having them almost my whole life. I think they might be in my closet. They're pretty cute, though.

If you mean oldest by the actual item, then my Beatles records that my dad had stuffed in the garage that he gave to me!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 08:07:07 PM by TheBeatlesPkmnFan42 »

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline suppi

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://chibi-suppi.deviantart.com
« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2012, 08:45:00 PM »
My oldest most loved item ever would have to be a plush unicorn named Elinor. (I've spelt it wrong all my life that I can't bring myself to change it. XD) She's been with me through homelessness, hurricanes and hospital visits. I also have a smaller plush of Spot that's been through the same with her. haha I'll have to get a pic of them with the 'newest' joiner of honor, Tsukasa, a giant stuffed wolf.

The trio has been with me through thick and thin. :3

My Flickr :3 Thanks YLH for my Avvie and Sugarcup for my siggy!

Offline gemini_pony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2012, 09:27:33 PM »
I love reading all these <3

Offline Tribble79

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2012, 09:51:01 PM »
I have many Most loved non-pony Possessions. One of my most favorite is Elvis - a Troll Doll. I had searched for a troll doll for years before I finally found one. He still has his original shirt and plastic guitar. He has had a really bad hair replacement.

I also have the most special Plush bulldog that has a hat, jeans and a black tank top that says Junk Yard dog. He has a mom Tattoo on one of his arms... He's Awesome!

I also have an ALF that I wanted really really bad. He's literally been through the wash.

A plush multicolored bunny that I've had forever and ever.

A pound Puppy named Pepper,

A plush musical elephant I got for my first christmas, a Gizmo plush, a tiny music box that plays Twinkle Twinkle little Star. a doll chair made from a tuna can. A handmade doll quilt. etc...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal