collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Gauging Interest: Custom Raffle for my Hubby  (Read 622 times)

Offline lizstaley

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Queen of the Giant Robots!
    • View Profile
    • http://adrastuscomic.com
Gauging Interest: Custom Raffle for my Hubby
« on: March 28, 2012, 04:45:29 PM »
This idea has been kicking around in my head for awhile but I've honestly been afraid to start it, so I thought I'd see if there was any interest before I went putting together all the details for nothing.

My hubby always gets me the things that I need for my art and my business. Sometimes he goes without the things he really wants because I need envelopes for shipping or what-not. Late last year his desktop computer, already old, fried its motherboard and video card. He had a netbook, but the screen needs to be replaced. We just got me a (used) tablet PC so I could have a mobile art station, and months ago I found him a $50 old computer that someone was selling on Craigslist that we got him to "hold him over until he got something else." It blue-screens on him at least once a day and just can't run hardly anything. I really want to get him a computer for his birthday, which is at the end of April. He does so much for him and I would love to surprise him with something nice, even if it's just a machine from Wal-mart for a few hundred bucks. (I tried to convince him to use our tax return money toward something, but he promised me that we would actually go on vacation somewhere for our 5 year anniversary in May and I can't sway him from using the money we're getting from the government for anything but said vacation to Hershey Park)

So anyway, without going on for too much longer, I was thinking about having a custom raffle. Just like the other custom raffles around here, you'd put money toward tickets and I'd draw a random number at the end with a random number generator. So would there be any interest in getting a custom pony from me for a raffle prize? Here are some of my recent ponies:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

There's more here, and a bunch of sub-albums full of photos too: [size=78%]http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v230/lizstaley/Custom%20Ponies/[/size]

Thanks for the opinions, and I hope this sort of post is allowed here. I'm not confident in my pony customizing skills so I feel like I need a little reassurance, I guess.  >_<

Offline Ambar

• Trade Count: (+96)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Gauging Interest: Custom Raffle for my Hubby
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 07:14:55 PM »
oww swetty, i wish you luck with your raffle :)
you do awsome ponies

Offline Kanthaka

• Trade Count: (+342)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
    • Crafting Instagram
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 08:50:25 PM »
Your husband sounds incredible and most definitely deserving of something nice for himself!  Your ponies are wonderful--very clean painting, smooth lines, made with care--but a raffle still might be difficult.  Just going off of what I've seen, raffles are incredibly hit-or-miss even when the customizer is extremely talented.

I don't want to discourage you, though!  I hope you come up with something, raffle or not, and that you can feel confident about your work. :heart:

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 07:40:57 AM »
Remember if you accept paypal to tell everyone not to put raffle in their payment in any way.  Paypal doesn't allow raffles and they are really mean about it.  Sometimes they even suspend or really mess with your account.
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline ZarineBashire

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Ponies and Crafts
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2012, 08:57:26 AM »
I'd probably drop a few bucks.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal