collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Artsy Art Stations!  (Read 1968 times)

deeleelambbaa

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Artsy Art Stations!
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2012, 01:14:58 PM »
lol at the trash bag on the counter idea-- brilliant :D I wish I could do that with the majority of my life. Put a trashbag over my desk and when too many books get piled up, pick up and dump it in a drawer. Put trashbags on my floors so that when too many clothes get piled on the floor, pick up the trashbags and dump em in the wash xD lol you could patent that geniusness  ;)

Post Merge: March 29, 2012, 01:16:12 PM

oooh that's a good idea! :o does that make the paint last longer before drying over???

Yup, any  non-absorbant surface will make your paint dry slower, since it's not sucking the water out of the paint from the bottom. :o 
... :o I feel like this information is so significant, that I've just started living now that I know it... thank you for bringing me to life ♥ (heh heh evanescence song title...)

Offline daizysellers

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2012, 01:43:37 PM »
Well, I have a baby in the house, so I'm using baby food jars... They are good for pots of paint to keep from drying out too quickly (they still dry out eventually though) and the tops are good for small dabs of paint for my symbols... and I can cover w/ a jar if the boys drag me away from the ponies. :)

Lavender_Lace

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2012, 02:08:53 PM »
I use a paint pallet covered in either foil or press & seal plastic wrap.  Sometimes I don't even bother with the pallet and just use foil, it gives me lots of space to mix colors.  I do all my painting on my desk which has a formica top, so after I'm done I just scrub it down and wipe up anything that won't scrub off with acetone.  I should take a picture.  I finally have a decent set up even if it does take up half of my walk in closet.  (keeps my kids out of my stuff too!!)

Offline naylastar

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2012, 02:36:44 PM »
This is about as messy as mine gets really, although I did clean quite a lot of rubbish off it a few days ago...

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline JoshsPonyPrincess

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2012, 03:32:51 PM »
My desk is glass topped so that is definetly a plus. But normally for paint I use old metal or plastic lids or wax paper although my desktop has seen its fair share of paint mixed on it. LOL. For custom color storage - i use old prescription bottles (if you flip the lid and screw it on that way - it is pretty air tight).

deeleelambbaa

« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2012, 08:16:58 AM »
@naylastar, that's not that messy, actually! not bad at all  ^.^  my desk with other stuff along with my ponies is soooooooo much worse!!! which is probably why I don't work on it all that often... lol
@JPP, so you keep custom colors? that's cool, I've wanted to do that a couple times when I make a really b.a. color that I've never seen available for purchase exactly, but I couldn't think of a way to save em...bu then, I don't think it'd be all that easy for my to get ahold of prescription bottles, but that's a really smart way of doing it!  :biggrin:
I think I need to start rethinking what I mix my paint on, from the sound of it...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal