collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Cats went to vet. Now bribed with fish  (Read 5019 times)

Offline coinoperatedgirl

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I paint stuff.
    • View Profile
    • Coin-Operated Customs
Re: Cats went to get. Now bribed with fish
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2012, 04:21:51 PM »
When Comet was still with us, hed get a piece of coldcut meat after his pill if he was on one.  Wierd dog hated peanut butter o.o  But he was smart and it was hard to hide meds in his food.

Mal, our little kit, won't touch meats.  Since we missed family dinner last night, we had KFC and ate in our living room, and Chaucer was right up in our faces, trying to get bites.  Mal sniffed a piece, licked it, and knocked it on the floor (where Chaucer swooped in and took it).  However, if you've got potato chips or a blueberry muffin, Mal sit there and beg to eat them.

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
Re: Cats went to vet. Now bribed with fish
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2012, 08:01:03 PM »
Haha my cat loved tuna juice too.  but she wouldn't eat the tuna.  I had a weird cat.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2012, 11:43:07 AM »
We've always had cats who liked pop tarts for some reason. Cats adapt to one texture of food so its not surprising they will drink the tuna water but not eat the meat.

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2012, 10:18:02 PM »
Hmm  That makes sense I guess.  She also liked onions and raw potatoes though lol

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2012, 02:41:55 AM »
Oh yes lol, I have three "senior" kitties, and they all get treats from myself and both my parents. The two girls love fish and seafood, and my little man loves his meat (I say he is like his mother - or me :P) they are spoilt rotten though constantly, they often get meat if we are having something we can cut some off for them, they also get little treats like some ice cream if we are having any, but we do try to keep the "bad" treats to a minimum for their health.

My three are 13 going on 14 for the two younger ones, they are brother & sister from the same litter, and our newest addition and older girl (she has been part of the family for a little over 3 years now) is 16 going on 17 and has what we call "kitty dimenshia" she is also nearly completely deaf, but is still comfortable and when I took her on at the grand age of 13, I promised I would give her a good last few years :) we didn't actually expect her to last this long the condition we took her on in, she had been in some sort of accident that I don't think she was vetted over and one of her front legs is a little funny from it, she was riddled with fleas that were driving her mad, she had very rough paw pads like she had been walking on sandpaper, they are all lovely and soft now, and she was very underweight. She also didn't know how to be picked up or held, and wasn't too sure what pats & attention were. I think her previous owners just saw her as a cat, fed her, and that was about it.

She is a real show pony now, flee free, clean and very happy and comfortable.

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2012, 02:56:25 PM »
Our chihuahua love polish sausage, pop corn, and unsalted chips. He goes crazy whenever we're eating it! And both my dogs love french fries. They don't get alot of it or very often, but as a treat.
When my cat was alive she loooooved cream cheese. She would go nuts for it, but it gave her gas lol

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2012, 09:09:03 AM »
My cats always have something nice to make up for me taking them to the vet ;)

We're having to withdraw food from Roxy for today though, she's had the runs  so we're going to see if we can sort it by letting her stomach settle, then just giving her dry food and if that doesn't work then off to the vets she goes! Bless her! She's fine on herself but just has the runs... fingers crossed!

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2012, 11:37:27 AM »
Our cats don't usually get people food (several of them have very touchy stomachs), but my Stevie will go INSANE trying to get chips and crackers from Mr. Skeen!  She's not interested in meat or dairy but she LOVES things like Lays or Ritz or Chicken in a Biskit.  And Slick eats fruit, like bananas and mangoes.  We can't leave them out.  He'll even dig in our lunch bags if he smells fruit in them.  He climbed into the garbage once and fished out a nectarine pit and dragged it all over the house.  I'm still trying to get the stains out of a few places on the carpet.

On their birthdays all of them split a can of cheapie store food as a treat.  It's like crack to them!

Offline gemini_pony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2012, 04:41:45 PM »
My cats get the juice from the tuna cans when we open them.... ;) they hear the can opener and they come running!

omg one of my cats is exactly the same way xD some how he KNOWS when im going to get tuna before iv even gotten it out of the cupboard i swear xD hell be right at my heals yelling at me to hurry up and give him the water rofl.

My cat is the same! He also gets boiled chicken a few times a month (my grocery store carries little individule chicken breasts for a $1)

Offline Psivampyr

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2012, 07:54:03 PM »
Well first I wanna say please put can food and canned tunas in a bowl. I was told by a vet that a cat can actually slice its tongue off licking the sides of a can that has been opened. I have not actually heard it ever happen, but it makes me take precaution and use a bowl.

As for my Kiki, she LOVES LOVES Friskies Party Mix- if you google it many pet parents compare it to drugs/cat addiction stuff. My cat will come running from the rattle of the bag, or seeing a shopping bag. She will literally check each shopping bag to see if her "kiki crack" is in the bags. We have to put it in a drawer to keep her from ripping open the bag. She will go to the drawer and try to open it, and look at us like we are tricking her. If we open the drawer she will leap in to look for her treat. It's not very expensive and the cats go nuts, you should try it if ya haven't already.
there is nothing harmful in the treats.

Offline babyblueducky

• That's Quacktastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • That's quack-tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2012, 10:10:19 PM »
my kitty has been picky with his flavors and brands. not sure which he prefers anymore. he does love wet food more than dry food. easier for him to eat, he prefers to lick his food instead of biting.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 10:13:03 PM by babyblueducky »

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2012, 04:43:28 PM »
I have a orange tabby that will eat all sorts of tropical fruit and melons.  If you don't give him any he will glare at you and walk off in a huff and wont let you pet him.

Offline Ren-Ren

• Trade Count: (+237)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://renren-1.livejournal.com/
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2012, 01:33:05 AM »
One of my cats is crazy for grass so I try to remember to bring him a handful whenever I come in from outside. He also loves pineapple juice, but he only gets that very occasionally. I'm not sure how healthy it is for him...

My other cat loves potato chips. Not interested in corn chips, though.
Thanks to Calico Star for my siggy! <3 (deleted cause photobucket)
*** My Sales Page*** My Little Pink Pony Loves MMA***

Offline Rad

• Radical Rad
  • Trade Count: (+45)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
    • Radical Creations
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2012, 07:48:25 PM »
We have a cheese-loving cat too! Our neighbor thought I was crazy when I told her that our cat loves cheese. We rarely have actual food in the house as we both eat at work, but any time we've got a bag of cheese in the house for whatever reason, she comes running and DEMANDS to have a taste. We limit it, of course, but she loves it!

She hates seafood-flavored cat food, but the two times I've brought home fish or shrimp from work she paws at me expecting them to be given to her. She gives me this glare that says "That's MY food, why are you eating MY food??" Lol, she cracks us up!
Poo on you Photobucket!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal