collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Italian Lot that was discussed with Red Hair Lemon Drop  (Read 4681 times)

Offline TornadoLovesMelody

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • My Sales Album (not updated)
Re: The Italian Lot that was discussed with Red Hair Lemon Drop
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2012, 10:49:19 AM »
I'm so happy LD is legit, she's really pretty :D
Congratulations!!

What's that black tube..? :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2012, 11:19:07 AM »
 thanks everyone :-)

now to answer questions :-)

"Blood drops" (as my daughter calls her ) is a Macau LD  behind the newest red-head ( as for bleeding symbols - I hear you can find some Macau without the stain as well = I like to make her the mommy for the regular baby since the drops match)

and the conditioner is from my nice and easy hair coloring = I think the suave stuff in general works, the other conditioner I would put a touch more in the "salon" quality as it was thicker and a deeper conditioning variety - it really made the faded CC's hair smooth

and about the reaction to dye... i've been puzzling on that = the hair weave in her head is not pink, it's the same magenta, but that tail piece above the ring is not as magenta = like it was with the LD (sorry no pics/no camera yet to show that).  Believe me, I would love to know the italians made yet another CC variant!   But the fact she lost some hair color on the towel when I washed/conditioned ironed... I mean, has that ever happened to pony hair?? It lost color ?  Maybe due to heat?  I never had color loss like that before
Also, what I can say is that of the magenta and in general the more rare italy variants I have = their mane hair tends to be thinner  than this CCs - does that make sense for those that have ones like applebelle and magenta blossom and magenta minty folks? 
Now that may only go for the two stamp variety (?) as the brown butterscotch I have is a 4 stamp pony with a thick mane, but than my A/B eye bluebelle with two stamps has a thick mane so... = let's just say quality control for italian toys was not a priority in the 80's ;-)
I just missed a pick up yesterday on a package from Belgium that will hopefully be an italian lot with that regular CC so hoping I can FIND MY DANG CAMERA (before resorting to my stupid phone one) to add some more pics for everyone
again, calling all italy experts = I mean, I hear tell there is a pink peachy like CC mail order color pink with hearts out there ... so who knows = maybe she was a test case for magenta color hair =  but I have no clue as to the status of fabric dye available in Italy in the 80's like we have RIT dye here in the states for custom stuff = kinda interesting that it seemed to only dye the mane but not the plastic, except for what you see in that neck ring maybe = unless that is supposed to be the CC's true peachy color... dunno, but don't think so, I thought she was more a "light skin" color

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2012, 11:40:25 AM »
oh :D i am just catching up with this thread :D

congrats on the ponies and i am happy that they are all authenic and that they went to somone here ;)

love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Bibinettepony

• Tickle, the Rainbow Pegasus Queen
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2012, 01:49:32 PM »
 :lovey: :lovey: sooo beautiful!! Congrats!!
MLP forever MLP pour toujours

Offline insep.lovebirds

• Trade Count: (+58)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2012, 08:03:58 AM »
wow huge congrats and thanks for the pics !
i\'m looking for french hybrid ponies, please pm if you have one for sale !visitors can't see pics , please register or login

]visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2012, 09:59:55 AM »
OOOh boy, well typical "crazy" italians... I got that lot from Belgium

here's the ebay link to see pics of:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/180866897926?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
http://www.ebay.com/itm/180866895517?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

So unfortunately, the Cotton Candy with the bad haircut is an airbrushed eyes pony :-/  any suggestions?  It's just her hair that is botched = so should become a daddy pony?  Should I rehair her?  I am torn at the moment = the perfectionist in me wants to give her a mane and tail, but I don't know how "rare" this version is, and often I read how restoring is devaluing, so I may consider re-homing her, dunno at the momento

but get this (I will have to add pics later in update) the "pink" pony is a bit blotchy = like it was dyed over a peachy body... but the inside is as pink as my other, although = does anyone know? = did Italy factories use the "fading" pink variety hair in addition to I think dollyhair calls it "tea rose" color?  oy boy, this pink girl was totally not what I expected, and now I am rethinking about Miss Magenta hair... hmmm = and the color DOES NOT COME OFF WITH ACETONE - just got a dirty NO PINK cotton ball here...

OK = sorry for the tease with no pics = gotta run at the moment, but I will back and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE I would love if there are any ponyfolk of the eurozone especially Italy that can maybe shed light on how the distribution stuff occurred = like I know italy got packaged onto german cards - well CP applejack and CP bowtie at least... so was Italy a big MLP distributor for several countries?

I love the twist... I'm gonna gather up ALL my Italy ponies so I can start comparing the A/B eyes vs stamps (pat pend vs removed) 2 feet vs 4 feet and all the different ways that "ITALY" is carved on that front left foot to see if I can come up with some patterns and possible explanations

unless there is an ITALY CC expert - poor girl only was a frumpy CP as poses goes, and only alternate colors  I have are an argie baby and that applejack color venny (yeah yeah I gots so many updates to do = life has been crazy of late :-(  unfortunately,  but I will get that post updated as well... ) so don't know if anybody cares enough to have an army of this dapple girl :-) any out there?
Ok = that's all for now = be back in a bit

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2012, 10:48:32 AM »
i would leave her as she is ~ with the hair cut. the AB ponies tend to sell for about $60 mint, so i am thinking with the trim perhaps $30ish for her, rehairing her would devalue her more IMHO.

the "palamino" macau like italian variants of cotton candy do have fading pink hair :) it is the pussycat colour on dollyhair, tea rose is the regular pink (the not fading kind like HK cotton candy!) i am not sure how good a match tea rose is to italian cotton candy though, the italian colours are pretty unique, you may need to try a few other colours (lighter/darker) to find a better match.

italian ponies were sold all over europe :) this is why they turn up on french, german, dutch and belgium cards :)

love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal