collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: MLP news article / biggest fan - SarahBee!!!  (Read 8096 times)

Offline DoctorMowinckel

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • A good companion in a weird sort of way.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.edwardrmowinckel.com
Re: MLP news
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2012, 12:50:59 PM »
That was actually really great, what you said definitely painted the hobby in a good light. They could have gone with someone who was really socially awkward and weird, and made it look like it was something for people who are basement dwellers, but you made the hobby look good. So, as a fellow collector, thanks for that!

Also, I giggled a bit at the part about your husband buying a Rapunzel. 99% of the people who read that are going to go 'What's a Rapunzel?', the 1% are going to go 'Whoa! That's one heck of a gift!'
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 12:53:10 PM by DoctorMowinckel »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I have a blag about ponies.

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2012, 01:08:19 PM »
Also, I giggled a bit at the part about your husband buying a Rapunzel. 99% of the people who read that are going to go 'What's a Rapunzel?', the 1% are going to go 'Whoa! That's one heck of a gift!'

:D thumbs up Doc!! :D

I have asked the Sun to take their version of events down, whether or not they will.... I'll just focus on the other one and things to come with the magazine article :)

Stroggos

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2012, 01:20:40 PM »
Hi there.

I haven't read the entire thread

But I just thought I'd share I noticed in your cabinet that looks like a white fashion style celestia? In the 3rd photo?

very cool.

I guess I'll read the article now.

Strogg

Offline Sarah-Bee

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2012, 01:22:14 PM »
Yes :D I finally managed to get her thanks to an awesome member here :D x

Offline willa

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Greek Ladybird Mint in Egg
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2012, 01:26:41 PM »
Loved looking at your collection Sarah : ) x
SEEKING... Princess Taffeta & Pristina, 7 Tales Bon Bon and Peru Unicorns Moonstone & Windy x

Offline StarZetRaven

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Your average G2 collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2012, 01:28:04 PM »
As I read both the articles, I must say: The Sun were not after portraying toy collecting in a good light. It angers me very much how they set a negative focus on your hobby and using words like 'Wacky'. And hateful comments are just after bashing someone for being happy.
The original article is much better and I enjoyed reading it. People collect all sorts of things, and yours is certainly beautiful! A hobby that makes one happy is a very good thing!
And I had to giggle at the G2 picture and their comment about "Ridiculously long eyelashes" XD I must go investigate my beloved G2's now and see how their eyelashes are doing.
ladywaterfall.tumblr.com

Offline Sarah-Bee

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2012, 01:39:37 PM »
Yeah I think I'm going to pretend the Sun one doesn't exist :P

Offline Juri

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • The Revolutionary Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2012, 02:00:08 PM »
For a Daily Fail article I actually thought the comments were extremely positive! The trolls on that site would say horrible things about kittens and puppies!

I thought it was a wonderful article and the photos were awesome : ) Please dont let the trolls get you down! *hugs*

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2012, 02:01:27 PM »
Ugh, just ignore those turd-brained comments.   Some people can't stand to see others happy, can they??

You have an AMAZING collection!!!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 12:54:13 PM by Tropical_Sunset »

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2012, 02:09:08 PM »
Just read through the articles, and the comments.... some of them are so disappointing but to be expected, I guess. Those people are just screaming for attention really, and they are the ones who are sad - either blighted by ignorance and arrogance, or who have completely lost their inner child. Maybe they never had one?

Lovely collection, Sarah-Bee, and kudos to you for weathering the storm. There are obviously a lot of people out there however who really did (genuinely) enjoy the article which is great - you may have created a whole heap more pony fans!  :)   Maybe they'll in turn discover this wonderful, supportive community we have here at the arena  :)   We all might be a little crazy in our own way, but at least we are getting a lot of enjoyment and fulfillment out of our hobby, something those sullen idiots who commented negatively in the article probably don't have a lot of in their lives.

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2012, 02:20:50 PM »
Dear god some people!

i´ve read the Daily Mail article and I LOVED IT! I even got my husband to check it out and read the part about Alice Cooper. I think your collection is sooo amazing :) Was even thinking of posting it on my FB wall :) (but now I´d like to see if you´d be ok with that ^^ ).

I just can't believe that you´d take your time to do all this and then get all the bad stuff :(:( Well, I´ve posted a comment (which i never do) and downrated some of the trolls.

As for the sun article - no comment :S Yes, how dare you MAKE your husband buy you things you like for anniversaries! /facepalm of doom
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Offline moonflower

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • collecting est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2012, 03:08:55 PM »
I really love your collection and your pony room! It is fantastic!! :D

I don't like the DM or the Sun (or any tabloids), but I actually think the DM article is appalling and full of mistakes and slurs while the Sun article is not so bad (unless they have edited it before I read it?).
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 03:15:51 PM by moonflower »

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2012, 04:57:07 PM »
 :hug:  Some people are just. . .  ugh.

I thought the first article was lovely and you have a gorgeous collection to be proud of.  I am supremely jealous of some of the girls in your collection.  :)  But some people just have to make horrible comments because they really have nothing better to do.  You just kind of have to ignore them since there are a million things worse than collecting MLP.

The article from the Sun was a little annoying ("wacky?"  "obsession?") so I would just ignore them and stay proud of your hobby.   :accomplished:
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2012, 05:12:39 PM »
I've been in the news before for one of my collections, so I know the kind of comments these people leave :silly:

Like you, I was a little upset at first (no tears, just a 'meh' feeling). But like others have said, you should ignore them. There are sadly many, many people out there jealous of anyone who is happy with their life, and they feel the need to try and bring everyone down to their level. The only people who need to grow up and get a life are those who like to mock others for being happy :)

And as for your collection, I love it! Everything is so neat and tidy. If only my Lion King room was the same! :silly:

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2012, 05:21:53 PM »
Kudos for being brave enough to go through with the interview!  That alone is worth a cheer from the community.  Also, your collection is amazing!  I want to come jump in that pile of ponies!  :D

Elf

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal