collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Complete-People: What was it like to get your LAST pony?  (Read 1543 times)

Offline WingsOfMasquerade

• Trade Count: (+230)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Complete-People: What was it like to get your LAST pony?
« on: March 21, 2012, 03:43:32 PM »
To anyone who completed one of the complete-able pony sets (or is 1 pony short)...
What was it like to get your FINAL pony?
Who was your LAST pony?
For example, the G3s are complete-able, the USA Release G1s are too, (g2 I dont know) Petites maybe? while others like 'nirvana bunch' are not because there are undiscovered ones and 1-offs like that Tootsie with red hair.
I am winding down my G3s now (down to the expensive ones like birthflowers, store-exclusives, euros & con ponies) So I'm wondering who my last G3 will be, and what will it be like to get her.
Were you super excited waiting on her to arrive?
Were you bittersweet because that's 'no more ponies of this sort'?
Were you relieved because now you could focus on another generation?
I'm really curious as to what other people experienced with finishing off a certain kind of ponies. Who was your first pony vs who was your last? Why was she/he "the final pony"? I can certainly see someone getting down to 'everybody but Rapunzle' but then you have the "seldom sold" ponies like Dabble, Shovels or LilTot or something so the answers might not be what to expect.

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Complete-People: What was it like to get your LAST pony?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 04:08:06 PM »
I'll let you know when I get there? (21 ponies short for American Retail releases, 19 away from American Mail Orders.) In the meantime, I do have some introspections to share, hope that's alright.

Actually this very topic has been on my mind for a fair bit, especially since Mimic arrived (one pony I figured I'd never be willing to purchase, given her cost.)  It's interesting how one's perception of value shifts.  Lots are generally of little use once your collection is almost complete, it becomes a hunt for the remaining few, browsing page after page without seeing a single pony I don't have is a decidedly strange feeling.  Somewhere it goes from "What do I want most" to "what do I not yet have?"

I didn't start off with the goal of completing an entire G1 set, but it just sort of happened over time.  I am very lucky to be able to say that 95% of my ponies were picked up locally, second hand.  At this point I don't know what my final pony will be.  I thought it might be Mimic or Wave Jumper, but they're both either here, or in the mail.  I'm thinking perhaps Diamond Dreams, Red Roses, Crumpet, Cool Breeze or TAF Buttons now will be the last.  I don't think I'll be sad to finish either set (though highly doubting mail orders, due to Rapunzel >_> ) since even then there remains the hunt for all the accessories and bits to go with the ponies!  :biggrin:
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 06:13:05 PM »
Well,
I only need 2 ponies to complete what I consider my childhood collection. Moonstone and Baby Noddins.

Other than those, there aren't any more ponies really on my want list, that I have to have. I am very selective with my collection.

It's because I recently obtained my grail -- after searching for a couple years... "uh, now what" . Do I stick around to read G4 news / nirvana, do I venture into customs, do I find another hobby...

And I'll probably still buy a G4 now and then... but I dunno. It just feels over.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 06:15:51 PM by banditpony »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Ianthe99

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 08:31:22 PM »
My last completed set was baby Billie, Baby Katey and baby Susie. I don't have their friends yet, but I have the ponies and that's close enough.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 02:25:16 AM »
I completed my US and Euro collection...the last 2 ponies I had to track down were MO Sprinkles and MGR Flower Bouquet...not the most difficult to find but when MO Sprinkles finally arrived I did a very loud, very happy dance around m living room...and then sighed in happy contentment every time I saw the pony shelves and then I moved on to something else to obsess about...the fact that they ALL need their accessories! Lol
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2012, 06:10:13 AM »
haha what is this 'last' pony you speak of? There is no such thing!

Must... have... more... ponies!! *drool*
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2012, 06:25:09 AM »
I completed my US and Euro collection...the last 2 ponies I had to track down were MO Sprinkles and MGR Flower Bouquet...not the most difficult to find but when MO Sprinkles finally arrived I did a very loud, very happy dance around m living room...and then sighed in happy contentment every time I saw the pony shelves and then I moved on to something else to obsess about...the fact that they ALL need their accessories! Lol

Oh my life... you have the WHOLE collection of G1s?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shocked: :blink: :dribble: :faint: I didn't realize you had completed the G1s! :worshippy:
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2012, 06:41:24 AM »
What was it like to get your FINAL pony? It's like a sigh of relief, the search for that particular pony is over! Then the hunt begins for MORE ponies...
Who was your LAST pony? Oh, geez come on brain, remember... Slugger, I finally completed the US Big Brothers set thanks to my BFF! Yay!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 07:28:52 AM by mlp4me »

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Chrissytree

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+266)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Weebly Pony Sales
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2012, 06:45:29 AM »
When I got the UK and US G1 sets complete it was a bit weird as the last two I needed were Rapunzel and beddy bye eye baby Tiddle Winks... so I got Rapunzel and was over the moon then this silly little baby turned up and I was a little underwhelmed.  It would have been better if they were the other way around or that I liked the BBE babies more.

I'm fairly close to getting all the G3s now but there are some that are proving difficult to find and the G3.5s were a bit disappointing so I'm not hugely excited about finding the odd one so it might wind up being the same thing as before.

I was already collecting accessories, Nirvanas and G3 ponies so I'm just carrying on collecting until I reach ultimate pony utopia :D

Offline BigBrotherPony

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2012, 07:28:40 AM »
Oh good lord! I'm getting close with my G1's uk/us ponies!

And I have said all along it's just the actual ponies I want , but now I have found myself wandering into dangerous territory as I have started to buy the odd plushie, the odd variant, the odd bit of merchnadise then I know the whole accessory thing will soon open up like a terrifying black hole!

In fact when it comes to accessories I am seriously considering hiring/ commissioning someone to track them all down for me.... I think I'd lose my mind doing it myself!

Offline rtattles

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+39)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Rtattles' Blog
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2012, 08:55:34 AM »
My feelings varies depending on the set I am completing. For some, it feels like a must to complete, so the final pony to come with estatic elation. However for some, I have ponies I am not too keen on, and I am just getting the pony for completion sake, so I either felt apathetic unless the pony turned out above my expectations.

I remember  trying to complete my single newborns. Tappy was the last to join. She's pretty piggy looking and I wasn't too fond of her pose, but I bidded so hard to get her, and was excited when she came in despite her slightly rough hair. I wasn't as excited when I completed my Collector's Pose ponies. Minty was the last, I tried so hard for her, and I was happy the first few days when I got her, but somehow it wasn't something memoriable and definitely not a pony I revisited frequently. However she is not a pony I will sell off. It's all very circumstantially based for me.

Inventorising my collection @ http://rtattles.wordpress.com/
Formerly known as DebonaireThundercloud

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2012, 09:21:38 AM »
Oh good lord! I'm getting close with my G1's uk/us ponies!

And I have said all along it's just the actual ponies I want , but now I have found myself wandering into dangerous territory as I have started to buy the odd plushie, the odd variant, the odd bit of merchnadise then I know the whole accessory thing will soon open up like a terrifying black hole!

In fact when it comes to accessories I am seriously considering hiring/ commissioning someone to track them all down for me.... I think I'd lose my mind doing it myself!

Yeah...you do "loose your mind"...I have well and truly slipped over into some obsessive dark side lol!

I like the idea of an "accessory hunter for hire"...that would be my dream job...like Gok Wan for ponies!!!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal