collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: So Frustrated With G4  (Read 8639 times)

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: So Frustrated With G4
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2012, 12:15:08 PM »
I definitely agree about the quality. Besides the really bad stuff like smudged paint, the one error I see all the time that really bothers me is when the eyes aren't painted in the right spot. I only have a Blossomforth with that issue (I usually look them over very carefully before buying, which is why I don't order online) and I keep thinking about replacing her, but I have her hair styled really cute and I just can't bring myself to replace her.

Then there's the fact that the distribution of ponies is just awful. I still haven't found Diamond Rose or Cherry Pie and I also want Star Dreams, but I have a feeling that set won't be released in the US since none of the story packs since the first wave have released here. Then there's the blind bags. We're still only on the first wave, which means by the time we get wave 4, other countries will have wave 7 or even 8. I also wish they'd stop with country-specific exclusives and just release everything everywhere. I've spent way more than I should have just trying to get the first three international ponies and I still need to get Skywishes somehow. Everything should be released everywhere at the same time.

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2012, 12:39:24 PM »
I know how you feel. I'm still looking for Twinkleshine. I once found her but back than i decided not to buy her because one of her eyes was damaged (large piece of paint missing). Now i wish i had gotten her anyways.

And yeah, G4 is lacking. The line is now a couple of years old and we still got like one or two poses. Pretty much no change since the toyline was first released. And with the "mane six" we still pretty much got a type of core 7 on our hands. I'm mostly bothered by the lack of effort in these re-releases. But i guess it saves me some money. Than there are the lacking playsets that in no way can compare to those of any previous generation. I see some people claiming that when you compare price and quality it's still a good deal...but i doubt that. Where i live they really are not THAT much cheaper than what i paid for a g3 pony. Yet these ponies are half the size of a G3 pony, have less quality control and often less complex cutie marks.

G4 is a fun generation but again...not really that great compared to other generations.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 01:22:12 PM by Malicieuse »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

toralei

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2012, 12:42:45 PM »
The lack of mold diversity doesn't bother me that much. I honestly just want more characters instead of rereleasing the mane 6, Cheerilee, and Sweetie Belle as much as they can. I don't think anybody else wants another bore 7 scenario

PandoraFox

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2012, 01:01:19 PM »
To me it is actually the price that's been keeping me away from the g4 line.
A pony priced at 5 dollars in america tends to be around the 7 t 8 euro mark here. That's about 10 dollars.
Being on a tight budget I just can't justify paying that for such a tiny piece of plastic. If they were closer to their dollar price or even 5 euro's I'd have picked up a few by now. Maybe I'm cheap, but to me it really seems like a lot of money for such a tiny toy.

Offline Lyra

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2012, 01:11:38 PM »
I agree with everything you said tropical sunset :( Except I'd add that g2 and g3.5 were also very good quality! I was very upset to get blossomforth online and find her wonkey-eyed
Lyra Silvertongue - not Heartstrings!

Offline xdartfrogx

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • I love my frogs and geckos!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2012, 01:17:29 PM »
Lol! Wonkey eyed!!!

I agree with the QC issue. I've seen a lot of bad ones here at the local walmart/target/kmart. And it would *really* be nice to see some new molds, and other colors besides pink and purple. How about some leaper green? Maybe a brown one for s & g Lol! And more characters from the show? Overall, G4's seem to be loosing steam in the creativity department. :( I did want some canterlot ponies yet the Target here sucked dramatically with ever getting them in. They failed miserably with carrying them. I didn't get my hands on a single one, and I WORK there!! >.< The blind bags- good gosh!!! They still aren't around here in stores yet! Sorry for the rant. :blush:

Offline Kaeldre

• Goa'uld System Lord
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • "The best advice I've found is don't look down."
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2012, 02:57:24 PM »
I will agree.  I'm getting TIRED of the core 6 being re-released and, while I haven't come across any G4s with flaws (aside from the eyes being misprinted on some blind bags) I know I probably will eventually.

And don't even get me started on the Euro exclusives and the blindbag releases.  I don't mind one or two Euro exclusives here and there but when it's full sets (i.e. blindbags)...it's kind of ridiculous.

And the names... Oh lord the names.  The G4 names are seriously lacking in the creativity department!  They're mostly just a variant of the words 'twinkle, shine, swirl, sparkle" or something pertaining to sweets.

"When someone asks me if I give up, I say 'Not until I'm dead'.  And sometimes not even then." ~ Daniel Jackson
"Asking a Ferengi to play a Cardassian game is like asking a Klingon to chew with his mouth closed." ~ Elim Garak

Offline CrystalCrown

• Flamez o' Justice
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • You don't need a license to drive a sandwich!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2012, 03:02:47 PM »
i know, it sure sucks! not only is the quality control absolutely terrible, but i cant find any of the new ponies anywhere! i've found diamond rose and cherry pie at CVS but they're $9 each there, compared to $5 everywhere else... and thats too much to drop for only a g4 to me!

lets just hope it gets better as time goes on i guess :/
:fox: :rainbow: F is for friends who do stuff together, U is for you and me! N is for anywhere and anytime at all down here in the deep blue sea!  :frog:

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2012, 03:06:33 PM »
With Cherry Pie and Diamond Rose, I kept searching and Target took a long time to restock. When they restocked, the Mane 6 first appeared and we had to wait longer for Cherry Pie and then Diamond Rose.

I ended up buying Fun at the Fair, RD Camping Set and Cheerilee's Schoolhouse online because they never appeared locally. I'm concerned about Sweet Slumbers!

I agree that the "Save the Date" may just be the show's finale and not the toys. The wave with the Twinkleshine, etc took a long time to appear. Target and TRU still have some in-stock.

I understand that Hasbro would like to keep the Mane 6 available but the sets that also have the Mane 6 become repetitive. I would love to see (many) new characters.

We've been lucky with the quality issues and haven't had too much "wonkiness" and color mismatches. If they have issues, the pony becomes my daughter's play pony and I go off and search for another.

The shortage of popular toys is pretty frustrating. We are having the same issue with my son's Skylanders. If any are available they are the same ones.

The blind bags are such a pain! Wave 1 in the US and Wave 3 elsewhere.

I ramble...So many issues. I can go on and on.  :mad:
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline EmBee

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2012, 03:18:02 PM »
I'm also frustrated with never finding a Diamonds Dreams or Cherry Pie as of this point.  The one Cherry I did find I passed up due to imperfections figuring I'd find many more later as with most other lines.

Nope.

-Em

Rococo

« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2012, 03:24:38 PM »
The US lagging so far behind Europe on blind bag releases bothers me because it's so expensive trying to import them/buy them online. :yikes:

The quality control on G4s is lacking but I think overall, quality control on many toys that are mass produced nowadays (*ahem*, looking at you, Lalaloopsy and Monster High) is lacking compared to, say, 20 years ago...

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2012, 04:05:37 PM »
The US lagging so far behind Europe on blind bag releases bothers me because it's so expensive trying to import them/buy them online. :yikes:

The quality control on G4s is lacking but I think overall, quality control on many toys that are mass produced nowadays (*ahem*, looking at you, Lalaloopsy and Monster High) is lacking compared to, say, 20 years ago...

It's not just the US. A lot of countries in Europe are only now getting the blindbags.
We never saw the first and second wave here.

Offline ShannonInPonyland

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2012, 05:50:53 PM »
I just came back from my local CVS and the had both Cherry Pie and Diamond Rose. I wasn't aware that so many people are having such a hard time finding them  :blink:

Offline tehrin

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2012, 06:06:37 PM »
Toys R Us has them too. I haven't seen them at Target at all, but I managed to find them there today!

(also click for my sales here. :3)

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2012, 06:08:10 PM »
I really like people posting what is available in different parts of the country. Seems to vary wildly.
:biggrin: >_<^.^

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal