collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Did anyone notice the MIB Nesthackchen Baby auction - with English box?!  (Read 6906 times)

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
I didn't want to post about this until the auction ended, but did anyone catch the auction for a MIB Nesthackchen Baby in an English language box?! Since these babies are only ever referred to by their German names, I was quite shocked to see one turn up in an English box. I saved the picture from the auction:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

So it appears that the translations are as follows...
Nesthackchen Babies = Nursery Babies
yellow pony, Baby Schlummerlein = Baby Bye Byes
blue pony, Baby Wuerfelchen = Baby Playful
pink pony, Baby Blubberchen = Baby Bubbles

So now that we have seen an English box, in what countries or regions where these ponies available (other than Germany, as previously known)?

Also, congrats to the winner! I hope this rare find went to someone in the community. :)

--------------------

edit to add:
Oops! There's already a thread in the corral: [size=78%]http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,290975.0.html[/size]
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 06:10:06 PM by kitkatvintage »

Xaniss

• Trade Count: (0)
Umm, yes this was in my watch list the entire time - my hat goes off to the lucky winner (unfortunately it was not meeee!) I too, thought it was very interesting and does raise some questions as to where these babies were available ... but as for info on this - I got nothin'  :(

I saved the pictures too! :D

Offline Leopard_Print_Unicorn

• New Wave pony on your Lisa Frank notebook
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Sales Thread:
I just like knowing their English names since my German pronunciation is horrible :)  They are some of my favorite babies.

Formerly known as ponyRN.

Offline Ponyland

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Puffy stickers are my currency! Trade with me!
    • View Profile
I sooo wanted to win it, but it went over my budget. :/ my guess is that this mib could be from a unreleased batch of english boxed ones or something similar. Maybe they boxed a few for the english speaking market, but then it was decided that they would not be sold in stores. So in the end, only Germany got them..
Just a guess. The babies hasn't surfaced anywhere else, so I find it hard to belive that UK (or any other country that sourced from UK) got them?
My collection at Snupps:http://snupp.it/d8NITq
Instagram: @iPonyland

Offline Stormy31685

• Trade Count: (+397)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
WooHoo!!!!!!

Our preciouses now have English Names!  This is soooo exciting!  (Either that, or my eighth cup of coffee is kicking in... Nope!  It's still the ponies!)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Soared over on my budget too [I was so tempted but the fact it was missing an item made me feel it was a little less justifiable at that price - mind you the packaging alone! wow!]...but I was so pleased to see it...could hardly wait to post in the Corral to see if someone knew anything...however I am still fascinated to see if anyone knows the source...
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Chrissytree

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+266)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Weebly Pony Sales
has anyone asked the seller?  they might be able to give some more info.

It's very interesting :)

Offline bubbles171

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • So Soft Pony
  • Thank you so much shiverdam my 2 loves combined
    • View Profile
hI yes I saw it as well and wanted but thought the same it was missing a part so thought the price was a high for it missing something.

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
wwwha! i have never seen this before, how exciting! what was the front of the box like and which pony was in it? i wonder what the release/hasbro address and information on the box is? that could answer questions as to which market the ponies boxed in that box (english) were destined for.

i wonder if it was aus or scandinavia or even the UK? but from reading the other thread sweden didn't get that set of babies. i am sure we didn't ever get them in the UK, i never remember seeing anything about them.

i wonder were the seller got the pony from?

love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
has anyone asked the seller?  they might be able to give some more info.

It's very interesting :)

I ll ask her as I had already been speaking to her...she is probably inundated with people asking questions lol so whether I ll get an answer is anyones guess!

@PKW their was no price sticker or anything that I could see - thats kind of what I was hoping for in order to find out where it may have been sold...

Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
wwwha! i have never seen this before, how exciting! what was the front of the box like and which pony was in it? i wonder what the release/hasbro address and information on the box is? that could answer questions as to which market the ponies boxed in that box (english) were destined for.

i wonder if it was aus or scandinavia or even the UK? but from reading the other thread sweden didn't get that set of babies. i am sure we didn't ever get them in the UK, i never remember seeing anything about them.

i wonder were the seller got the pony from?

love pkw xxx

It was the blue baby. I have a pic of the front of the box saved, too. Photobucket kept messing up while I tried to upload the pics, so I'll give it another shot & try to post the pic of the front, too.

Offline tootie_tails

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
I got a reply from the seller earlier today, she basically said she does not have any more information about the item. She mentioned she got it from her aunt who died (!!?)
Maybe she is just tired of people asking..  :)

All I was able to find out is 1992 was printed on the box. (And the ponies names which can be seen in the pictures as well)

link to the other thread for reference:
http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,290975.0.html

-

Offline Nappercasper

• Oh Happy Tails
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+106)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Finally found the auction! What a price and i thought that would be the seller you meant. I too remember the time someone asked a bin for the jewellery baby way below value! Glad she realised her mistake!

Offline alexann

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Beddy Bye Eye Pony
    • View Profile
I got a reply from the seller earlier today, she basically said she does not have any more information about the item. She mentioned she got it from her aunt who died (!!?)
Maybe she is just tired of people asking..  :)

All I was able to find out is 1992 was printed on the box. (And the ponies names which can be seen in the pictures as well)

link to the other thread for reference:
http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,290975.0.html

It is a little bit strange answer. I asked her long time ago where she gets all her MIB/MOC ponies and she answered me that her husband used to work at some toy factory and now she has a lot of toys. She really has many rare MIB/MOC ponies and also a lot of rare Barbie dolls for sale.

Offline tootie_tails

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
alexann, long time no see! How are you and your daughter? Has spring come to your country yet?  :)

Yes this seller has had lots of Barbie and Sindy items for sale as well, rare and common ones. I don't really collect dolls but I have recognized some items from the 80s and was tempted because it made me feel nostalgic.

It is a bit strange that she has so many rare and attractive toys and yet doesn't seem interested enough to research to find out their values. Her auctions always seem to start on random prices. So the rare ones will skyrocket and the common or unpopular ones do not even get one bid.
-

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal