collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G1 Softie Ponies  (Read 2605 times)

Offline Megans_Cousin

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: G1 Softie Ponies
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2012, 09:56:45 AM »
Aww, what a sweet story! Yes, avoid the dryer at all costs. It wil melt the hair. I would say you could even go with a full hand wash if she's that dirty, but you really need to squeeze out the extra water when you're done, before hanging up to dry. As far as the hair, I've found that the hair on those plushies is quite different than regular pony hair. The babies have that super curly hair which makes it even harder to deal with. Maybe you could take a good hairdresssing comb and a little bit of conditioner through it before giving it the full wash.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My flickr (lots of dolls!): http://www.flickr.com/photos/35518851@N07/

Offline DevlishSmooch

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2012, 09:18:17 PM »
I stick mine in a pillow case (either a zippered one or rubber band the end closed) and throw them in the washer.  Then just sit her out to dry.  I also put conditioner in my softies manes - leave it sit in there for a while then just rinse it out and let dry.

You need the pillow case to protect their eyes from getting scratched (or MORE scratched in most cases, lol).  And the dryer will fry the hair.  I did just manage to get a Baby Lofty -grimy little thing that she is- or I'd be happy to give her a home.  I'm sure you will easliy find someone who wants her.

My Customs   WANTED: Non-discolored MO Scribbles (an even, creamy white would do)/MOC Bubbles!     DS Ref Sheet

will2Bfree

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2012, 09:37:27 PM »
I plan on working through her hair first, pulling the strands apart one-by-one with my fingers (it's VERY matted), braiding it, and then giving her a good hand wash in the sink. If that doesn't work, I'll have to resort to the washing machine. I already knew about not using a clothes dryer, since my sister melted a teddy bear's fur once by doing that, but thanks for the warning. Once her body's as clean as I can get it, I'll go back to her hair and try some conditioner. I'm afraid the state her hair's in, it won't do much good though. I'm not very experienced at other methods of defrizzing and repairing hair, so I probably won't risk anything more intense than that.

I think I'll be happy just as long as I get her clean and I'll just let her next owner decide what they're willing to do to "fix" her. I know a lot of people here are very good at that type of thing. I did notice her eyes are already a bit scuffed. Poor girl.

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2012, 10:08:27 AM »
It's near impossible to find a softie that *doesn't* have eye scuffs, so don't feel bad.  The mane/tail is replaceable too with a little talented sewing, if it comes to that. 
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal