collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: August 11th - WI Pony Meet - Kaukana!  (Read 8130 times)

creampuf

• Trade Count: (0)
August 11th - WI Pony Meet - Kaukana!
« on: March 13, 2012, 08:05:32 AM »
Date and time set!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 12:00:09 PM by creampuf »

Offline Glacia471

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Hmmmmm...WI Pony Meet?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 08:38:57 AM »
I was wondering when it'd be brought up~ :frolic: I'd love to go to another WI meet :good:

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 10:13:50 AM »
Yeppers... hoping for a NE WI one sometime this summer...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline ringlets_

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 05:08:50 PM »
I'm (hopefully) in! :enthralled:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

http://www.mlparena.com/gallery2/v/Collections/album105/
http://s126.photobucket.com/albums/p117/ringlets_1
Current pony count 1,101 - 519 G1, 23 G2, 407 G3, 14 G3.5, 139 G4. Plus a lot of duplicates. Also doesn't include blind bags, petites, dream beauties, etc.

creampuf

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 07:31:18 AM »
Location is going to depend on who can host. I hosted 2 years ago and would be up for doing it again.

Also we should pick a time frame. Summer months on a Saturday seem to work the best so lets look at some dates there.

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 08:03:57 AM »
HavAcrumpet and I have thrown the idea around to host... My house really isn't big enough, but she's got a nice size open apartment... (We also hope to include upper peninsula members if we are able to host.)

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

creampuf

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, 08:24:33 AM »
The question is...where would you guys be hosting from then?

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2012, 11:42:03 AM »
Kaukauna, just a jump away from Green Bay. Still thinking on it. The more I think the smaller my apartment becomes. I do have a patio and a very large yard though so long as its a nice day. I'm not very child friendly though, unless they want to play outside.

Offline Glacia471

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2012, 11:58:54 AM »
I could see if my grandma's house is available, though I'm just a bit south of Madison/not in the Northeast. Her house would be big enough and I could ask her if people could probably crash there overnight if they had to. :awake:

Offline RavenWolf

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2012, 03:55:37 PM »
I am bound and determined that this is going to be the year I finally make it to a pony meet! I have always wanted to go but usually I couldn't because of my cars unreliability. However I just got a new to me, much more reliable, fuel efficient vehicle. :) So hopefully this will be the year I get to go. Although looking at gas prices, I hope the meet wouldn't be to far away. (I'm all the way down by Janesville)  Unless anyone would want to ride with and split the cost of gas? My new to me minivan seats 6. :) 

Boldly going where no pony has gone before...

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2012, 08:15:10 PM »
I'm in Madison. I'd love to meet, but as I don't have a car, I wouldn't be able to meet anywhere outside Madison. :( I wouldn't ask anyone to go out of their way to give me a ride; I'd accept the offer only if it's convenient and then it'd depend on when. I can't afford to take any more time off work than I've got planned due to my wedding being this year (yay!).

Uh... this is going to sound odd, but... what do we do at pony meets? Just hang out and chat?
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Babushka

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2012, 08:21:14 PM »
HavAcrumpet and I have thrown the idea around to host... My house really isn't big enough, but she's got a nice size open apartment... (We also hope to include upper peninsula members if we are able to host.)

YES YES YES. I would love to make a trip to NE Wisconsin. Living in the UP, I'm a bit far from the rest of the Michigan folk.

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2012, 08:31:08 PM »
I am bound and determined that this is going to be the year I finally make it to a pony meet! I have always wanted to go but usually I couldn't because of my cars unreliability. However I just got a new to me, much more reliable, fuel efficient vehicle. :) So hopefully this will be the year I get to go. Although looking at gas prices, I hope the meet wouldn't be to far away. (I'm all the way down by Janesville)  Unless anyone would want to ride with and split the cost of gas? My new to me minivan seats 6. :) 

I'm outside of Janesville! I know we've somewhat chatted about it before. I plan to go and once we have a date set I'll have it set aside. I have a focus which is rather gas efficient and can seat 4 people max but depends on how many ponies people want to bring etc. Pony meet is becoming my summer day trip as I usually don't have the money or time to go on a multi day road trip. 

I'm also in Madison a lot too, and mid summer is around the time I have a specific doc check up so really it depends on what I'm doing closer to the date and where the meet ends up being I may be able to give a ride to Janesville or Madison folk. :D
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Offline FairyDust

• Professor Snape Pony
  • Trade Count: (+47)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2012, 08:40:55 PM »
I might be interested in going depending on where it's held in WI and if I might be able to meet up with Emery again like we did last year to share a ride (Emery's in Iowa, I'm in Illinois). :)

Collector of Jem and the Holograms, MLP, Kitty Kitty Kittens, and of course Totsy ponies.

creampuf

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2012, 05:52:53 AM »
Kaukana would work for me...I have family in Appleton so it would give me an excuse to visit. I live in Menomonee Falls (15 minutes north of Milwaukee) so ponies in my area who would need a ride can join me.

Though if space is your concern you might want to try and get about 12 people or so to come over and see how they fit, but you'll also need to factor in the room for folding tables and displays. Also note that when it's summer and a pile of people in your home it's going to get HOT! But if the day is going to be nice I don't see why we can't play games outside and do the pony selling/trading and so on inside your place.

That being said at worse case we could discuss having two meets...one for the northern ponies and one for the southern ponies, which might reduce crowding especially if we do it on the same day and chit chat in the arena as a "live feed" of the party ^_^

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal