collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New Wave of Blind Bags in Yellow!  (Read 14169 times)

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
Re: New Wave of Blind Bags in Yellow!
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2012, 12:08:34 AM »
<snip>

NO earth ponies this wave? Are earth ponies not high-class enough to even be associated with the royal bride? Ouch. I don't miss the Pinkie Pie mold too much as it's my least favorite, but I still find the absence of ANY earth ponies a bit strange.

<snip>

I'm glad you mentioned this! I knew something seemed off about this set.

Post Merge: March 13, 2012, 12:09:53 AM

Why is fluttershy all yellow? She has pink hair not yellow!

People have theorized that she is glow in the dark.

Ooh yeah, eiher that or "she blushes often" means she will be a color-changer pony.  Maybe you could run her under cold or hot water and her mane and/or cheeks turn pink or something.

Color change! That's new and different. It will be interesting to find out just why she is just yellow.
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline Scraleos

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2012, 12:43:01 AM »
For some reason, I really love that they're using G3 characters, and changing their species. Like Breezie and Skywishes were always meant to be pegasi! Also, LUNA! I'm glad they haven't forgotten about her. I really can't wait for this wave of blind bags!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Trade | Wanted | Pony Plushies

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2012, 01:09:29 AM »
Ooh, I really love the Luna, and that Celestia is white, now that Cadence absorbed all of her pinkness.  But still...a whole new mold for winged unicorns? There are only three characters that would fit that mold. 
Not that it matters I guess.  Look at Sapphire Shores, being a friggen unicorn.

Princess Cadence . . . IS ABSORBENT!

Just kidding, actually she LOVES TIARAS.  :silly:

Nice set, but I wish they'd make some G1-based ponies instead of G3, G3, G3.

I'm very pleased to see Lyra's name become a little more canon-ish.

Princess Celestia . . . IS A MAGICAL PONY!!

Ahahaha, Trixie's is "LIKES SHOWING OFF."
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

PrincessKnight

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2012, 01:27:20 AM »
I hope they end up releasing standard g4 versions all these ponies. Golden Delicious is pretty.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2012, 02:16:31 AM »
I hope they end up releasing standard g4 versions all these ponies. Golden Delicious is pretty.

I hope so too, other generations had LOTS of different kinds of ponies with all sorts of colors, all sorts of symbols and everything, you can't even list them all off from the top of your head.

Hopefully G4 will have as many different kinds of ponies as much as there are compared to the other gens...instead of having sooo many re-releases of the Main 6 and having them being most of the different sorts. =_=;
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

PrincessKnight

« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2012, 02:45:10 AM »

I hope so too, other generations had LOTS of different kinds of ponies with all sorts of colors, all sorts of symbols and everything, you can't even list them all off from the top of your head.

Hopefully G4 will have as many different kinds of ponies as much as there are compared to the other gens...instead of having sooo many re-releases of the Main 6 and having them being most of the different sorts. =_=;

Ugh, I know! Too many Applejacks and Fluttershys everywhere @_@. And much as I adore pink things, I would love to add some to the collection that are pink-less. Tea Love would be great, or Firecracker Burst.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2012, 02:48:45 AM »
Ok - first "cool" I love blind bags so its great to see more...

BUT does anyone else think these are coming out incredibly fast - we dont seem to get much of a breather between sets...and also I would much much prefer they put more time and effort into brushables than they do into blind bags

And as others have said I dont quite understand why Heartstrings has been renames...I prefer Heartstrings over Lyra Heartstrings...
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2012, 03:30:40 AM »
I agree with you Cat, the blind bags are coming out way to fast and no breaks in between. Waves 2-4 isn't even out yet in the US and already they're releasing wave 5.

I'd also prefer it if they spent most of that time and creativity they spend on the Blind bags and spent it more on regular brushables. =_=;

As for the names, has its ups and downs. I like it but at the same time its like "Really...?" :huh:
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

MikaUtsukushi

« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2012, 04:38:56 AM »
I was skimming through but.... I'm just so disappointed in Heartstrings name. It was fine the way it is, I know pandering to the bronies with the toys is fine but... changing the name just for them, is where I kind of draw the line. .v.

Oh jeez, Fluttershy what happened? XD

Forsythia looks more like Dinky's mother than :muffin: Pony does.

I like Sunny Rays alot, since her fanon name was Rays I'm glad they added something else to make it more ponyish.

Oh goodness, I love Princess Luna's description. She and I are a pair. XD

Also I assume these Junebugs and Sapphire Shores are different from their cartoon counterpart since they're unicorns and the other two are earth ponies.

And I see Princess Cadance loves tiaras. XD

Anyway skimming through everything, I'm just disappointed with Heartstrings now.... I guess I can adapt. :/

toralei

« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2012, 04:50:23 AM »
Aw, no earth ponies?

Anyways, I like Breezie as a pegasus.

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2012, 05:52:05 AM »
It's odd how they're all either pegasi or unicorns. I wonder why there are no earth ponies this wave? Either way, I have to say, I love this wave. I adore pastel colors, so I think these are all very pretty. I also like this Lyra better than the one from Wave 3.

I'm just worried that they're releasing these waves too fast and with the US being so many waves behind, I don't think we'll ever catch up. I really hope that all the waves come to the US, in order and that it doesn't take too terribly long, either.

Offline knitgirl

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2012, 05:53:57 AM »
Flippity Flop is my favorite G3 pony, but they made her in my least favorite blind bag pose!!! :-(

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 13, 2012, 06:11:27 AM »
I absolutely love these. It's nice to see some of the names fully confirmed.

My only disappointment is that Luna is still not blue - Blue has been my favorite color for years, so it saddens me that Luna can't have a blue release now her sister is the right color. Oh well, here's hoping for the future!

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

sunyshore

« Reply #58 on: March 13, 2012, 06:14:28 AM »
1 - where are earth ponies?! as everyone else has asked.

2 - golden delicious in the show was a boy pony with three yellow apples on his brown flank. what the heck is this unicorn with an apple family name? apple family is earth ponies! and golden delicious was a stallion! i know sometimes the show doesn't match the toys, but this is too far off for me.

Offline apanda0622

• Trade Count: (+177)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 13, 2012, 06:56:20 AM »
I have two questions: (maybe someone can help me)

What is Trixie's last name?  I can't make it out on her card from Equestria Daily.

Also, does Lyra wave 5 look the same as wave 3?  If they are the same, I don't want to buy it again.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal