collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Help!!! Sunfading gray macau lemon drop??  (Read 1975 times)

Moondancer115

• Trade Count: (0)
Help!!! Sunfading gray macau lemon drop??
« on: March 12, 2012, 10:28:49 AM »
Hi everypony!!!

I have a question about sunfading. I am now sunfading my spanish LD and it works so good!!!! I love it. But i also have a gray macau LD and wanted to know of macau's can be sunfaded wihout the gray to faint and if this pink can be sunfaded in the first place.
Also she has 2 tiny spots one on her neck and on her back leg. Is this cancer? (Hope not) it doesn't have a dark center. Thank you in advance.
He sun is finally shining her in the Netherlands but not for long so i want to take every sun hour to fix my ponies.

Thanks for your help!!!!

Here are some pics:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 10:31:08 AM by Moondancer115 »

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
Re: Help!!! Sunfading gray macau lemon drop??
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 11:23:20 AM »
I think those dots are cancer, it's hard to tell but with the cancer on ponies that I have experienced, I think it is cancer. :( As for the sunfading, Relcelestia is a pro, she should be able to help you out :) xxx

Moondancer115

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 11:41:01 AM »
Oke thank you! I thought so too :(
Is there anything i can do with the cancer? So it doesn't spread on the pony and not spreads to other ponies?. And if I can do somethong  about it please can yiu explain in steps. I am an newby sorry  :blush:

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 11:43:51 AM »
As for cancer, I'm no pro, I'm very uneducated, but from what I have read, cancer cannot spread to other ponies. I have ponies with minimal cancer and it hasn't changed or spread. I believe it is a breakdown in the plasticiser which causes it and therefore only occurs in certain ponies. I don't do anything with cancerous ponies, I just try not to buy them as I don't want them to get worse, but saying that, the ponies I do have with minimal cancer, it hasn't got any worse since I've owned them (1 year) . Maybe some spot treatment? I don't know, but I've heard rumours about people using it, I may try it but I'd be worried about it doing more damage than good.
Hope this helps sweetie!
xxx

Moondancer115

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 12:00:22 PM »
As for cancer, I'm no pro, I'm very uneducated, but from what I have read, cancer cannot spread to other ponies. I have ponies with minimal cancer and it hasn't changed or spread. I believe it is a breakdown in the plasticiser which causes it and therefore only occurs in certain ponies. I don't do anything with cancerous ponies, I just try not to buy them as I don't want them to get worse, but saying that, the ponies I do have with minimal cancer, it hasn't got any worse since I've owned them (1 year) . Maybe some spot treatment? I don't know, but I've heard rumours about people using it, I may try it but I'd be worried about it doing more damage than good.
Hope this helps sweetie!
xxx

Yes thank you so much for replying! It is great to her it doesn't spread to other ponies (i thought so to). And I hope it doesn't get worse on the pony cause she is so beautiful.
Thank you very much! :hug:

Other feedback is also welcome i like to gather some info about cancer on ponies.

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 12:07:32 PM »
BlackCurtains found that pony cancer is actually a bacteria, but whether or not it can spread, I don't know. If you want to try sunfading the spots, I would just wrap the pony so only those spots are exposed.

Offline hokuspokus

• Undiscovered 8th pony in the 7TALES series
  • Trade Count: (+108)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Touch my plastic face
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2012, 12:14:37 PM »
I heard some people boil pony's who have cancer (to keep it from spreading). No idea if that works, though.
Unfortunately there's no solution for cancer, but the pink spots can be sunfaded. Just keep an eye on your pony every now and then.

Moondancer115

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2012, 12:20:28 PM »
Ieeeeeh a bacteria yikes!!!! That scares me i hate bacteria's  :P
I just treated her with alcohol so i hope the bacteria is dead now if it is dead bacteria can't spread. Maybe i will try boiling her. If it doesn't hurt the pony i can at least try it. How do i boil her? By that i mean how long and do i remove her head and stuff?

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2012, 12:28:37 PM »
I'd remove her head just so the water flows in more easily and she's easier to dry. Just boil the water to a rapid boil and turn it off. Then plop her in until the water cools down and she should be good to go. :)
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Moondancer115

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2012, 12:36:03 PM »
I'd remove her head just so the water flows in more easily and she's easier to dry. Just boil the water to a rapid boil and turn it off. Then plop her in until the water cools down and she should be good to go. :)

Oke thank you i will do that. But i have on problem (OMG i am such a noob). Her head is sealed her head is never been removed and how do i get her head to cone off wihout damaging her. I tried before on a pony and she got a hole in her neck because her head was sealed so thight. I am scared to damage her. It doenst work better whit a sharp little knife.

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2012, 12:37:45 PM »

Oke thank you i will do that. But i have on problem (OMG i am such a noob). Her head is sealed her head is never been removed and how do i get her head to cone off wihout damaging her. I tried before on a pony and she got a hole in her neck because her head was sealed so thight. I am scared to damage her. It doenst work better whit a sharp little knife.
Well, actually if you put her in the boiling water for a few seconds and then remove her (without burning yourself of course!) her head should be much easier to remove since the plastic and glue will soften.
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2012, 12:39:21 PM »
The pink looks a little like regrind within the plastic...but some times its difficult to tell in a photograph. If its regrind thats just about the only thing which is unfixable as its a break down in the plastic.

The brown dot could be an age/cancer mark - personally I have never had any success in fading one of these out but I do remember someone posting that they had managed to get rid of this through pretty intense sun fading...I would however recommend that you do boil her just to make sure any bacteria etc does not spread and cause more of the same!

Good luck...
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Moondancer115

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2012, 01:15:35 PM »
Yeah i think it is in the plastic. It is the same color as the bleeding. She now is in the hot water for 15/20 minutes but her head doesn't come off. It still is the same as when I put her in. Now just hoping that when she dries no molt is comig up because uer head just doesn't come off.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal