collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Bratzillaz  (Read 73563 times)

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Bratzillaz
« Reply #510 on: February 25, 2013, 10:55:32 PM »
Okay, so it seemed like they short-changed Sashabella in the early releases of the original dolls. Now there are boxes and shelf labels for just her. Think the same thing could happen with Vampelina and Fianna? I am just DYING to get my hands on a Vampelina. *whiny voice*

It's funny you say that.  Today in my hunting I saw a row full of Sasha and thought that was STRANGE because I remember everyone freaking out looking for her :P  Kinda cleared up my "Huh?" moment :lol:

Sasha/Sashabella is typically shipped in her own case. Why MGA does this is beyond me, because it does NOT go over well in the doll community; aside from smacking of racial segregation, the character is pretty popular. Anyway, since the character (or characters, since Sashabella is supposed to be a separate character) is in her own case, she gets her own product code and shelf slot.

As time goes on, I think the new characters will become easier to find, especially if the case assortment is changed up. I'm not really sure how companies decide which dolls will be double packed, but I suspect that part of the reason new characters are typically short-packed is to gauge how popular the character will be.

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: February 26, 2013, 09:15:50 AM »
Okay, so it seemed like they short-changed Sashabella in the early releases of the original dolls. Now there are boxes and shelf labels for just her. Think the same thing could happen with Vampelina and Fianna? I am just DYING to get my hands on a Vampelina. *whiny voice*

It's funny you say that.  Today in my hunting I saw a row full of Sasha and thought that was STRANGE because I remember everyone freaking out looking for her :P  Kinda cleared up my "Huh?" moment :lol:

Sasha/Sashabella is typically shipped in her own case. Why MGA does this is beyond me, because it does NOT go over well in the doll community; aside from smacking of racial segregation, the character is pretty popular. Anyway, since the character (or characters, since Sashabella is supposed to be a separate character) is in her own case, she gets her own product code and shelf slot.

As time goes on, I think the new characters will become easier to find, especially if the case assortment is changed up. I'm not really sure how companies decide which dolls will be double packed, but I suspect that part of the reason new characters are typically short-packed is to gauge how popular the character will be.

Would this also include Sasha from the Styling Starz line?  I've been searching high and low for her!  Finally bought her on Ebay.  All my stores still have piles of the rest of them :huh:

Sorry for the confusion about the names :blush:  I just refer to the girls by their shortened names because I haven't taken the time to get to know them and I find them to be kinda ridiculous.  Plus my spelling is SO very bad!  Wish the Arena had spell check! :lol:  Not that that would help me with crazy bratzillaz names :rolleyes:
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: February 26, 2013, 05:54:12 PM »

I think it is more that in certain parts of Europe, dark skinned dolls don't really sell well at all and MGA doesn't want to bother having a different case configuration for Europe. (Like Mattel does with the Princesses, the Europe ones never have Tiana or Jasmine) Of course they could just do a case with all of the others and Sasha and then a case of all the others minus Sasha but I'm guessing the configuration they have now gets the most store orders. (MGA seems very money motivated for some reason)
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: February 26, 2013, 08:57:07 PM »
Would this also include Sasha from the Styling Starz line?  I've been searching high and low for her!  Finally bought her on Ebay.  All my stores still have piles of the rest of them :huh:

Sorry for the confusion about the names :blush:  I just refer to the girls by their shortened names because I haven't taken the time to get to know them and I find them to be kinda ridiculous.  Plus my spelling is SO very bad!  Wish the Arena had spell check! :lol:  Not that that would help me with crazy bratzillaz names :rolleyes:

Oh, no confusion! I was just clarifying, since technically Sashabella is a different character :)  I really wish they'd given the 'zillaz their own names instead of trying to saddle them with weird versions of the main Bratz dolls lol.

I think it is more that in certain parts of Europe, dark skinned dolls don't really sell well at all and MGA doesn't want to bother having a different case configuration for Europe. (Like Mattel does with the Princesses, the Europe ones never have Tiana or Jasmine) Of course they could just do a case with all of the others and Sasha and then a case of all the others minus Sasha but I'm guessing the configuration they have now gets the most store orders. (MGA seems very money motivated for some reason)

I just think it's ironic, coming from a company and toy line that constantly pointed out how their dolls were more ethnically diverse. Aside from that, claiming that the AA/non-caucasian dolls don't sell is somewhat flawed; they aren't always marketed properly, and some stores may opt out of buying a single case of one doll. All the stores around me stock Sasha/Sahsabella, but I have heard that she's harder to find in different parts of the US. I could understand single-packing her if she didn't do well, but just putting her in her own case is ridiculous.

I think I may go and pick up some liquid fabric softener tomorrow and attempt to tame Meygana's mane. Right now, she's looking like Meridia, and not in a good way!

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: February 26, 2013, 09:48:03 PM »
I remember I'd check if they restocked Moxie Girlz (another MGA line) at TRU All they had were the Moxie Girlz Sportz Bria (the "ethnic" girl) that was new on the shelves, while another TRU I went to had every other girl from the Sportz line BUT Bria on their pegs, so I guess they're doing the same thing with Moxie Girlz along with Bratz and B.Zillas. :huh:
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline cobalte

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: February 26, 2013, 10:51:57 PM »

Retailers here have not stocked Sashabella at all, it's always the case containing the other dolls. I'm not sure exactly why, I have heard things along the lines of retailers and/or local MGA branch saying African-American dolls just don't sell as well here as the reasoning, but I can't be sure on that (seems stupid seeing as Clawdeens in MH have no problem flying off the shelves).

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: February 27, 2013, 07:16:16 AM »

Retailers here have not stocked Sashabella at all, it's always the case containing the other dolls. I'm not sure exactly why, I have heard things along the lines of retailers and/or local MGA branch saying African-American dolls just don't sell as well here as the reasoning, but I can't be sure on that (seems stupid seeing as Clawdeens in MH have no problem flying off the shelves).

I think it has a lot to do with white parents not being willing to buy their kids black doll (except Clawdeen but I guess they count her as a "werewolf doll" and not as a "black doll").
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #517 on: February 27, 2013, 07:17:37 AM »
I can agree with this... Every store that I've seen that stocks Sashabella, she's a total shelfwarmer. And, in general, tan dolls don't sell well here, either.

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline Kalavista

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+276)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Open for commissions!
    • View Profile
    • KalaCustoms
« Reply #518 on: February 27, 2013, 05:26:31 PM »
I did it!!!

Of course, when the other half-white SAW comes out, I"ll switch up the limbs, because on this gal they're backwards, since i used two of the same pack.

The acetone wasn't entirely friendly to the torso, but I managed to get all the yellow off without any melting.
On the head, it was no problem, but I did have to repaint the face on that side - then modify the other side a bit to match.

But overall, I'm in LOVE.

Helps a little to quell my desperation for Vampelina, who is NOWHERE. x_____________X

Kobold

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #519 on: February 27, 2013, 08:50:53 PM »
Pretty cool! Save for that eye-shadow, she looks like she walked out of a black-and-white picture.   :)

angelfish

« Reply #520 on: February 27, 2013, 09:33:24 PM »
She looks really cool that way!  There was a Vampelina on ebay but she's gone now.  She was quite a bit of money!  I only lucked out with mine because I happened to get to Target when they restocked.  I think she's like Scaris Deuce, shortpacked and she's the one everyone grabs first.

There is a Vampelina on ebay right now, didn't know it was against rules to list an auction.  She's easy to find for anyone who is interested.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 11:13:18 AM by angelfish »

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: February 28, 2013, 06:14:34 AM »
I don't collect these dolls but I've seen Vampelina a couple of times in my local Wal Mart. I think there were 2 or 3 the last time I was there. I'll keep an eye out for her.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 12:48:16 PM by SwordPony »

angelfish

« Reply #522 on: February 28, 2013, 10:57:35 AM »
Noted.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 11:16:54 AM by angelfish »

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #523 on: February 28, 2013, 07:38:31 PM »
I don't collect these dolls but I've seen Vampelina a couple of times in my local Wal Mart. I think there were 2 or 3 the last time I was there. I'll keep an eye out for her.

I would greatly appreciate if you could keep an eye out!!

Also, got my two new Bratzillaz today. Let me spam you a little bit :)

Jade J'Adore by reidelsol, on Flickr

Yasmina Clairvoya by reidelsol, on Flickr

Newest Addition by reidelsol, on Flickr

Offline Roogna

• Trade Count: (+594)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://roogna.deviantart.com