collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Bratzillaz  (Read 73566 times)

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Bratzillaz
« Reply #465 on: February 14, 2013, 06:53:59 PM »
Loving the SAW girls.  I wish I liked the Bratz bodies:(  It's not only the jelly-like legs, but the shape of the arms, legs, and torso.  I'm basicly buying these dolls for their heads alone!

Does anyone know if any doll is being dropped to make way for Vampelina?  I'm still un-decided if I want to "catch 'em all" or not, so I need to know if I have to make a quick choice.  Don't want to regret missing out on anything.....
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline vortex1310

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: February 16, 2013, 05:11:32 PM »
Do any of you collectors put Bratz heads on Barbies?  :what:

I've seen pictures but no tutorials.

I think some of them are really edgy looking but playing with MH dolls has spoiled me so that Bratz joints feel really clunky.

angelfish

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #467 on: February 19, 2013, 07:35:50 PM »
SAW (switch-a-witch) pics and review!  I just opened them several hours ago and took this quick set of comparison shots.. :)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/49746645@N00/sets/72157632810885968/

Love them and they have different body molds!

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: February 20, 2013, 05:37:32 PM »
I don't get why some people are complaining about the price of the SaW sets when you can make 2 complete regular dolls that aren't even missing anything. I mean I know the CaMs are cheaper but I have always wondered how they can offer 2 dolls (at least once they started adding torsos) for less than what the individual dolls cost.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 05:44:43 PM by Wardah »
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Christal_Princess

« Reply #469 on: February 20, 2013, 07:48:24 PM »
The switch a witch sets are definately odd to say the least.I've always been on the fence about these and now even moreso with the two-toned theme being in repeat for all current switch a witch sets(which is just very unimaginative,rather boring and pretty much kooky just for the sake of being kooky IMHO)

Still,I found myself purchasing the individual pack yellow and white one.I fell in love with her dark/gothic inspired make-up.Once I got home I did away with the ridiculous looking 70's/80's getup they called an outfit(which was as cheap quality as all getout,no hemms and poor choice of quality fabric),gave her a Monster High CAM wig(which fits,albeit not the entire head but just the right amount,I did have to chop of the peg though,totally worth it as it complements the head shape perfectly)bought her a Bratzillaz fashion pack on clearence at Target and she looks ten times better than her intented stock,atleast to me,anyway.

I was shocked to find out about the different body shapes too,honestly I would have loved something a little more risque from Mgae in that aspect,like providing different bust sizes in larger formats,instead of making them more flat-chested.I know for a fact Barbie has taken than step forward and released different bust sizes throughout her career as well(I know it's Mattel and not Mgae)still,a girl can dream.

Offline Aeryala

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: February 21, 2013, 10:10:15 AM »
SAW (switch-a-witch) pics and review!  I just opened them several hours ago and took this quick set of comparison shots.. :)

OMG, thank you for posting those pictures; I've been looking for exactly that kind of photo review.  I've been hemming and hawing over whether to keep the SAW set I picked up yesterday, 'cause I wasn't sure I'd like them enough out of the box to justify spending the money.  I didn't even notice that the body types are different!  That is so freaking awesome!!  Kudos to MGA for that; I wish more doll lines would give us different body types.

It is odd to me that they're sticking so hard with the split color theme with the SAWs, especially since they're also using the same colors on some of the dolls.  There's only six SAW dolls, but there are already two yellow/white and two blue/white?  It's like they got lazy with them already or something.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: February 21, 2013, 10:30:12 AM »
wow 3 different types of body molds. What Mattel took years to do with MH, they did in one release. :P

Still not a big fan of the Picasso theme they got going. >,<;
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Kobold

« Reply #472 on: February 21, 2013, 12:12:36 PM »
I haven't seen these in person yet. They're funny, but are there plan to make something else than 2-color dolls? It's already a little redundant considering Cloetta already has a 2-color theme going on.

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: February 21, 2013, 01:15:06 PM »
Thanks for posting photos angelfish!

wow 3 different types of body molds. What Mattel took years to do with MH, they did in one release. :P

Still not a big fan of the Picasso theme they got going. >,<;

Pretty easy to make that decision when someone's trail blazed the way! Also, I think there's a big difference between Skelita and Jinafire's torsos, and the "squint or miss" that the SAWs have.

I'm not a huge fan of the all two-toned thing they have going on. I almost bought the single pack yellow one, but the quality wasn't impressing me.

I don't get why some people are complaining about the price of the SaW sets when you can make 2 complete regular dolls that aren't even missing anything. I mean I know the CaMs are cheaper but I have always wondered how they can offer 2 dolls (at least once they started adding torsos) for less than what the individual dolls cost.

The detailing isn't nearly as intricate on the CaMs. And the wigs are cheap quality, and allow them to bypass the rooting and styling that the main dolls have. Also, the clothing tends to be cheaper quality, and they have zero accessories, jewelry, etc.

Offline Aeryala

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: February 21, 2013, 06:07:46 PM »
The detailing isn't nearly as intricate on the CaMs. And the wigs are cheap quality, and allow them to bypass the rooting and styling that the main dolls have. Also, the clothing tends to be cheaper quality, and they have zero accessories, jewelry, etc.

That really impressed me about the SAW packs - both dolls in the pack are just as complete as the dolls in the main line, with little hats and earrings and everything.  They could have gotten away with not including two of everything, but they did; and it's awesome.

Out of curiosity, how much are they charging for the SAW sets in the States?

angelfish

« Reply #475 on: February 21, 2013, 08:57:59 PM »
They are anywhere from $25-29.99US. 

Actually I find their quality to be just as good as the CAM sets.  No, there aren't the details like fins, scaling and all that but the plastic is solid and very rubbery but a good rubbery.  I don't think a SAW Zilla would break if you dropped her.  The only thing I don't like is that the hands on all the Zillaz are like mittens..I wish their hand sculpts were more graceful.  And..because the parts come off their legs can pivot at the knee like MH and Fashionistas!

As for the clothes, the designs aren't as edgy as MH but the fabrics are nicer and the wigs, all 3 are saran and much nicer than the first few CAM sets.  It's only the two latest sets, the Mummy/Gorgon and the Ice/Blob Girls that have nice wigs.  The wigs that came with the first two CAM sets were IMO, crap.  Where SAW lacks is the design of the shoes, accessories etc.

Rococo

« Reply #476 on: February 21, 2013, 11:10:18 PM »

Actually I find their quality to be just as good as the CAM sets.  No, there aren't the details like fins, scaling and all that but the plastic is solid and very rubbery but a good rubbery.  I don't think a SAW Zilla would break if you dropped her.  The only thing I don't like is that the hands on all the Zillaz are like mittens..I wish their hand sculpts were more graceful.  And..because the parts come off their legs can pivot at the knee like MH and Fashionistas!

As for the clothes, the designs aren't as edgy as MH but the fabrics are nicer and the wigs, all 3 are saran and much nicer than the first few CAM sets.  It's only the two latest sets, the Mummy/Gorgon and the Ice/Blob Girls that have nice wigs.  The wigs that came with the first two CAM sets were IMO, crap.  Where SAW lacks is the design of the shoes, accessories etc.

Do they use the same rubbery lower legs they use on regular Bratzillaz? By far that is my biggest complaint about Bratzillaz dolls; none of mine can stand properly because of the softer rubber used in the lower legs that tends to give crookedly. >_<

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: February 22, 2013, 09:24:07 AM »

OMG, thank you for posting those pictures; I've been looking for exactly that kind of photo review.  I've been hemming and hawing over whether to keep the SAW set I picked up yesterday, 'cause I wasn't sure I'd like them enough out of the box to justify spending the money.  I didn't even notice that the body types are different!  That is so freaking awesome!!  Kudos to MGA for that; I wish more doll lines would give us different body types.

It is odd to me that they're sticking so hard with the split color theme with the SAWs, especially since they're also using the same colors on some of the dolls.  There's only six SAW dolls, but there are already two yellow/white and two blue/white?  It's like they got lazy with them already or something.

Actually I think there are only five SaW dolls. There is the first 2 pack with the black/white and the pink/green dolls, the single yellow/white doll, and it looks like a second 2 pack is on the way with a blue/white and a pink/white doll.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 09:25:50 AM by Wardah »
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Aeryala

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: February 22, 2013, 10:25:52 AM »
Actually I think there are only five SaW dolls. There is the first 2 pack with the black/white and the pink/green dolls, the single yellow/white doll, and it looks like a second 2 pack is on the way with a blue/white and a pink/white doll.

There's definitely six different dolls pictured on the back of the SAW pack I bought.  There's the three that are out now and three more pictured under the words "Coming Soon!"  The three that aren't out yet all have a colored shape over one eye.  I was wrong about the two blue though, they have some of the blue parts on the pink doll and that threw off my eye.  Still don't get why they'd make another yellow and white one though.

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: February 22, 2013, 01:47:13 PM »

Not sure if you were responding to me; but if you were, I wasn't comparing the CaMs and the SAWs when I was talking about detailing. Wardah had mentioned wondering how Mattel could afford to sell the two-torso CaM sets at the same price as one regular doll, and I was pointing out how they are able to cut costs on the CaMs. If you weren't responding to me, oops :p

I'm still on the fence about the SAWs. I do like my 'zillaz, and fully intend to get more. But I really hate the overly colorful, half and half faces and bodies. One or two is cute, but it's overload for me on all of them. I'd be much more interested if there were more "normal" tones. Or even a few "all over" crazy colors. As it stands, they look more like they go to Clown Academy than to a school of fashion and witchcraft :p I do like that even the add-ons come with all the parts, and that all the sets come with enough clothing/wig/shoe options for everyone to be properly outfitted.

I'll be interested to see if they make tweaks to improve themselves, as opposed to only offering what their competitor didn't at the start. I'd love to see the SAW idea expanded on; imagine stickers coming with them so that you could give your witch a personalized tattoo! And maybe little "build-a pet", where you can assemble and personalize a familiar for your new character.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal