collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Bratzillaz  (Read 73572 times)

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Bratzillaz
« Reply #375 on: December 08, 2012, 04:25:34 PM »
I realize the painted eyes are just a cost cutting thing, and not something they plan to continue doing, but if they did, that would help me out TONS!  The only reason I entertain the idea of buying these gals is because of those glass eyes<3  So pretty!
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: December 08, 2012, 04:31:37 PM »
less articulations and no glass eyes?! Now they're a real mix of MH and Bratz.XD Creativity and scariness of MH with the stiff arm and legs of Bratz. :P
My Flickr Page
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: December 08, 2012, 06:38:53 PM »
I won't be buying them without the glass eyes :/

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: December 09, 2012, 03:40:01 PM »
Me neither. On the plus side if only the first three releases are articulated with glass eyes, I don't have to worry about choosing only one ore two dolls per release :)

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline Roogna

• Trade Count: (+594)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://roogna.deviantart.com
« Reply #379 on: December 09, 2012, 06:19:32 PM »
SAD!
It's the first line of dolls I've actually started to collect - partially b/c of the glass eyes!
I wasn't going to get all 5 of the first release, but I may now if the future ones are going to painted on eyes instead. :(
another reason I liked them was the articulation
if both eyes and articulation are gone, I may not buy any more

DeviantArt Etsy

binaryeclipse

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #380 on: December 10, 2012, 06:23:46 AM »
Just took advantage of the sale prices on Amazon to pick up Meygana and Yasmina. Looking forward to getting these girls out of the box to see if I really like them. I'm not a Bratz fan at all, but the Bratzillaz have caught (and held) my eye.

Offline justkitter

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: December 10, 2012, 01:17:12 PM »
I don't think the painted eyes will stick around.  That site called it a budget line.  Cost saving measure.

Although, if they sell well enough, maybe MGA would decide the glass eyes don't really effect sales, and cut them out eventually.  Just a (scary) thought.

Maybe Deluxe dolls will continue with the glass eyes, and the smaller boxed dolls will be painted?  Guess we'll have to wait and see:(
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

angelfish

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #382 on: December 10, 2012, 01:52:39 PM »
I hope the painted eyes are just for budget lines only.  I love my MH but my Bratizillaz display nicely with them as well as my Livs.  I also think the Bratzillaz' faces although much simpler than the MH girls are very soft and sweet in contrast.  If the whole line goes to non-articulation and painted eyes I will no longer be buying them.

I really don't understand MGA sometimes.  They are capable of doing beautiful and creative dolls like the Lalaloopsy line and yet they do silly things like taking away the very things that made some of their dolls appealing.  Why create the Bratzillaz the way they are if they're going to turn them into boring static dolls?  You don't see MH giving us non-articulated dolls with their budget lines.  The Dance Class and Rollermaze dolls were budget yet still very creative.  Perfect dolls for redressing really.  And in many cases the dolls are just as stunning if not more than their 'basic' and 'deluxe' counterparts.  Even the regular Bratz lines; while not a big fan, their decisions baffle me.  Upcoming lines are going to be 'taller'.  Why?  I like the shorter proportions of the Bratz, they're different from Barbie and MH and one of the few things I like about them.  Why can't MGA focus on things collectors actually want; like better hair instead of the crap nylon they insist on using on just about every line?

Offline justkitter

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: December 10, 2012, 03:15:18 PM »
I hope the painted eyes are just for budget lines only.  I love my MH but my Bratizillaz display nicely with them as well as my Livs.  I also think the Bratzillaz' faces although much simpler than the MH girls are very soft and sweet in contrast.  If the whole line goes to non-articulation and painted eyes I will no longer be buying them.

I really don't understand MGA sometimes.  They are capable of doing beautiful and creative dolls like the Lalaloopsy line and yet they do silly things like taking away the very things that made some of their dolls appealing.  Why create the Bratzillaz the way they are if they're going to turn them into boring static dolls?  You don't see MH giving us non-articulated dolls with their budget lines.  The Dance Class and Rollermaze dolls were budget yet still very creative.  Perfect dolls for redressing really.  And in many cases the dolls are just as stunning if not more than their 'basic' and 'deluxe' counterparts.  Even the regular Bratz lines; while not a big fan, their decisions baffle me.  Upcoming lines are going to be 'taller'.  Why?  I like the shorter proportions of the Bratz, they're different from Barbie and MH and one of the few things I like about them.  Why can't MGA focus on things collectors actually want; like better hair instead of the crap nylon they insist on using on just about every line?

:iconclap:  Well put!   :iconclap:

I'm a MH fan, and I like what I'm seeing from MGA.  I need to get some of these dolls.  Waiting until after Christmas, though.  You never know, Santa may have gotten me some :biggrin: 

I'd like to threaten that I wouldn't buy anymore if the painted eyes stuck around, but I know myself all too well!  It doesn't take too much to get me interested in something.

That site also said from the look of one of the dolls from the Magic Night Out line, the new dolls may have saran hair.  But I'll believe it when someone who has the doll in hand says it!

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: December 10, 2012, 03:59:12 PM »
Dun wanna hijack this thread, but MGA need to make up their minds on wth they want to do with their doll lines. >,<;

Articulate? no articulate? Glass eyes? Painted eyes?? Have only available in some areas while the other place gets nothing??

I love their products but they need to be consistent with their aim and stuff like that.
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline MidoriKeiko

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: December 12, 2012, 01:17:46 AM »
Has any repaired this line yet?
I have three so far but I can't stand their hair"

Offline Roogna

• Trade Count: (+594)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://roogna.deviantart.com
« Reply #386 on: December 12, 2012, 05:50:33 AM »
The GiTD are in one of my stores but not all
prices for the first set have dropped a lot on amazon...I think i'll get the 2 I'm missing from there (and an extra Jade to customize)

DeviantArt Etsy

Offline Psivampyr

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: December 13, 2012, 10:46:10 PM »
I saw the bathing suit line today at Walmart. The outfits are cute and they have sunglasses. I did notice there are glass eyes on most of them and on the back was a blue hair mermaidish doll they are hopefully going to release soon.
I looked and looked for the blue haired one for my daughter, but I didn't see her
http://bratzillaz.wikia.com/wiki/Fianna_Fins
I might collect some of them, I like the style and flair they have. They also are affordable dolls that are "not platinum blonde standard doll *glances at Barbie*"

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: December 13, 2012, 10:55:24 PM »
I saw the bathing suit line today at Walmart. The outfits are cute and they have sunglasses. I did notice there are glass eyes on most of them and on the back was a blue hair mermaidish doll they are hopefully going to release soon.
I looked and looked for the blue haired one for my daughter, but I didn't see her
http://bratzillaz.wikia.com/wiki/Fianna_Fins
I might collect some of them, I like the style and flair they have. They also are affordable dolls that are "not platinum blonde standard doll *glances at Barbie*"

I can't wait to find her! I want her so badly!

I also saw ONE single swim line at Walmart tonight. Love the glow in the dark thing. :)

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: December 16, 2012, 09:34:59 PM »
Eeep, why are all the Bratzillas going for $6.99 now at Amazon.com?! Go get them if you haven't yet!!

http://www.amazon.com/Bratz-Bratzillaz-Doll-Maygana-Broomstix/dp/B00840L9NU/
My Flickr Page

| For Sale | Wanted |

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal