collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Bratzillaz  (Read 73571 times)

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Bratzillaz
« Reply #135 on: June 29, 2012, 06:03:03 PM »
Aww that's a big *drops eff bomb* disappointment! >,< Is there a way you can neatly use a seam ripper to separate the seam from the head to the hat?
My Flickr Page
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #136 on: June 30, 2012, 04:27:13 AM »
Aww that's a big *drops eff bomb* disappointment! >,< Is there a way you can neatly use a seam ripper to separate the seam from the head to the hat?

I cut it with scissors, and it came out just fine, but my only problem is that now I can't get them back on in a nice looking way. :|

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 30, 2012, 08:10:06 AM »
That is a shame, man. I was so hoping for Meygana, but won't be getting her now. And I thought Lagoona's box hairnwas bad. Still thinking about Jade though and the hat being sewn on doesn't bother me so much as I just use dolls for display purposes only.

Dibbles

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #138 on: July 02, 2012, 08:51:05 PM »
Okay. I just got Meygana today, and I'm going to be honest... I'm really disappointed. :(

To put it simply, and I'm not exaggerating... She had the absolute worst box hair I've ever seen. Her hair was so dry, matted and frizzy, it made Lagoona's box hair look downright tame. When I washed and brushed it, there was a lot of "dead" hair that came out in handfuls... It was awful. I ended up having to give her a haircut. I'm sure that the only reason her hair was like this was because it was curly -- I'm sure that the straight-haired dolls fared much better. Still, it was incredibly disappointing.

Some other things to note: The earrings are terrible, and they pop out a lot. The peg keeping them in is entirely too short. The calves and feet are made out of a really weird soft plastic, and the knee joints are made out of the same soft plastic, making them really weak. I'm pretty sure the hat and goggles weren't meant to be taken off, as they were sewn onto her head in addition to the elastic, and I'm having a lot of trouble getting them back on in a nice looking way.

Still, it's not all bad. She has beautiful eyes, and her hair is much better now that I cut it. I do like her... I just don't think I'll be getting any more Bratzillaz after this. :( :( :(

Aww, bummer. I'm sorry that happened. I don't know if I'm going to get a Bratzilla (I've never been a Bratz person but these are less goofy-looking and the glass eyes are cool), but if I was it was going to be Meygana...now I'm seriously rethinking it.

Offline Psivampyr

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 04, 2012, 05:56:08 PM »
I have a question for the people who have seen these dolls in person or have bought them. The pictures I have seen in this thread have pets shown, do they actually come with the pet or is the pet just a cardboard cut out?

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #140 on: July 04, 2012, 06:00:23 PM »
I have a question for the people who have seen these dolls in person or have bought them. The pictures I have seen in this thread have pets shown, do they actually come with the pet or is the pet just a cardboard cut out?

Just a cardboard cutout. :( I think you have to buy the pet separately. I can't say I'm too disappointed, though, since I've never been a big fan of pets.

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 04, 2012, 06:24:18 PM »
yeah the pets will be sold separately in the "near future" ... wish they at least came with like a mini size one or something ...
"Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?"

Taeyang and MLP are my drugs of choice ... that and the mountain dew flowing through my veins ... LIKE RADIOACTIVE RUBBER PANTS!

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 04, 2012, 06:37:22 PM »

Just a cardboard cutout. :( I think you have to buy the pet separately. I can't say I'm too disappointed, though, since I've never been a big fan of pets.

Get out of my house!!! :P Just kidding. I must be a product of my Strawberry Shortcake youth; I love dolls that come with pets, especially if they're individualized to the character.

The pets are sold separately; they and the new fashions should be coming out soon. Apparently there's also a playset (a coffee shop), although I'm guessing that will be a holiday release.

Offline Psivampyr

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 06, 2012, 08:48:02 AM »
I like dolls that come with pets, but some of the MH pets I wasn't too keen on. But I like these Brat pets, they seem very "strange" and sininster.

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #144 on: July 06, 2012, 08:52:24 AM »

Get out of my house!!! :P Just kidding. I must be a product of my Strawberry Shortcake youth; I love dolls that come with pets, especially if they're individualized to the character.

The pets are sold separately; they and the new fashions should be coming out soon. Apparently there's also a playset (a coffee shop), although I'm guessing that will be a holiday release.

Haha, I just think it's weird that every single doll has to come with a pet. Even ponies come with pets! XD I just have so many pets in a plastic bag, I don't even know what to do with them, LOL. They're definitely adorable, though.

Offline Psivampyr

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 06, 2012, 09:57:41 AM »
I just realized the cardboard image of the doll doesn't reflect the right hair color of the doll. Meygana looks like she's got mousey brown hair in the cardboard, where her hair is fire engine red. Kinda strange.

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #146 on: July 06, 2012, 11:06:10 AM »
I just realized the cardboard image of the doll doesn't reflect the right hair color of the doll. Meygana looks like she's got mousey brown hair in the cardboard, where her hair is fire engine red. Kinda strange.

I noticed that, too. I've heard that it's extremely common of Bratz, and that their doll never looks like their art, LOL. I have to admit, the Bratzillaz art is really weird... When I first saw the art for Jade, I thought she was going to look like Meowlody with short hair because of the way they colored her skin. XD

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 07, 2012, 06:15:46 PM »
I saw these in-store for the first time today. I was really taken with Meygana. If she's still there on Monday, I'll pick her up.... though I'm not holding my breath on that one, seeing how popular they are....

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 07, 2012, 08:02:47 PM »
I saw them for the first time today, too.  I had to look at them all, just to look.  I can't afford to start another collection.  Meygana's eyes are SO pretty!  Ice blue and a hint of sparkle!  Jade was my favorite, though.  Blood red eyes and lips on pure white hair?  Yes, yes, YES!  But I'm not buying.  Nope.  Not me..........
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 07, 2012, 09:10:22 PM »
I saw these in my local TRU over a week ago and also fell in love with Meygana. I almost purchased her then but I decided to hold off because  I was still on the fence about starting on another doll line at the moment. I had nothing to do the other night and was back in the area so I made a stop by TRU to see if if they still had her, but of course she was nowhere to be found. They had several of each of the other girls but Meygana had been cherry-picked from the lot. Maybe it was a sign, lol.

Oh well, maybe I'll just wait until I can find them at Target or Walmart, they're bound to be less money than TRU in the long run. I almost grabbed Yasmina, since she's caught my eye as well, but since I really only want one of these if I get them at all, I think I'd rather just wait to get a good chance to compare the two in person.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal