collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Bratzillaz  (Read 72319 times)

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Bratzillaz
« Reply #585 on: May 14, 2013, 05:03:51 PM »
Link: closeup of the Back 2 Magic line from a good flickr contact of mine, My Dolls are My Models.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/59582287@N06/8738397411/in/photostream

Oh look, after the vampire witch they now have a Chinese dragon witch. Mhh, I wonder what dolls inspired those? (Sorry, I do love me some Bratzillaz vs Monster High) ;)

I actually think the new character has a cool color scheme and even though the promo pics are very blurry, the Witchy Glam line looks interesting as well! I'm also a fan of the new SaW with golden eyes.

I'm just glad I really hate how they're all same-face and chop-hands, because if their molds looked a bit more diverse I know I'd have to get a few of them and I really can't afford even more dolls :lol:
But... "never say never", maybe Bratzillaz will continue improving on quality and design and I'll end up with some by the end of the year XD

angelfish

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #586 on: May 14, 2013, 05:15:25 PM »
Zapper, I can tell you that the MNO line is much, much better than the First Waves and the new rereleases of the MB girls with saran hair are fabby!  I agree, their hands are so flat and blocky.  I don't expect the sculpts to be like MH sculpts but if MGA could just update the hand molds like the new taller Bratz hands I'd be ok.  Those man-hands are my only gripe with the new Zillaz.  Those new switch-a-witches are awesome!  I especially love the blue girl.  I want to put her on the Ice Girl's body!

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: May 14, 2013, 05:25:19 PM »
Zapper, I can tell you that the MNO line is much, much better than the First Waves and the new rereleases of the MB girls with saran hair are fabby!

That's why I fear I will have to get one or two eventually. I heard that the first releases had really horrible hair and I wasn't crazy about their designs, so it was easy to stay away from them. Also, they were just as expensive as a MH doll here in Germany and I would rather buy a doll out of my favorite doll line than try out a doll I had only heard negative things about and that had way less accessories and details.

But then the SaWs appeared and really impressed me with their eyes and different heights. The checkerd girl also has a really stylish look to her. If I had her, I'd keep her in the nude and w/o her wig because her body looks so artsy and fun.

Do any of you know how easy their hands can come off? The hands are my major issue with them. They're in constant "hee-YAH!" or "let me present to you this car" position XD

angelfish

« Reply #588 on: May 14, 2013, 05:59:50 PM »
They come off the switch-a-witches just fine but they don't on the others.  I wish they'd come out too, I'd switch Cloetta's for Draculaura hands.

I think if you stick with the SAWs you'll have fun with them..:)  I have the black & white gal, she's awesome!  I have redressed in the first wave Jade's dress and it looks great on her although you're right, she's amazing nude/bald as well.   I think My Dolls are My Models keeps his nude all the time as well.. :)

Offline heftysmurf76

• Big Brother Pony
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: May 14, 2013, 09:57:24 PM »
Thanks for sharing those links everyone! I LURVE the detail on Victoria Antique's makeup, these look so awesome. I guess the line must be doing pretty well for them if they're making this many new ones...that's great news for me, not so much for my wallet lol...

Offline Aeryala

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: May 15, 2013, 11:02:58 AM »
Link: closeup of the Back 2 Magic line from a good flickr contact of mine, My Dolls are My Models.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/59582287@N06/8738397411/in/photostream

Oh look, after the vampire witch they now have a Chinese dragon witch. Mhh, I wonder what dolls inspired those? (Sorry, I do love me some Bratzillaz vs Monster High) ;)

I actually think the new character has a cool color scheme and even though the promo pics are very blurry, the Witchy Glam line looks interesting as well! I'm also a fan of the new SaW with golden eyes.

I'm just glad I really hate how they're all same-face and chop-hands, because if their molds looked a bit more diverse I know I'd have to get a few of them and I really can't afford even more dolls :lol:
But... "never say never", maybe Bratzillaz will continue improving on quality and design and I'll end up with some by the end of the year XD

All of this. 

I want to love Bratzillaz, because their glass eyes are so gorgeous and the line has such potential, but the flat hands and same-faces keep me from buying more than the one I already have (well, and the SAW set, but those are really neat). 

I may have to get that new Bratzillaz with the golden cat eyes though.  Because catgirls.

angelfish

« Reply #591 on: May 15, 2013, 12:51:21 PM »
I can deal with the same facemold.  Moxies, both the regular girls and the taller teens, Liv and Cutie-Pops use the same facemold as do La Dee Das.  I love that MH has so many molds but I expect that from them. Mattel as far as I know is a much larger company than MGA.  Say what one wants about Barbie but their are a lot of different facemolds in playline as well.  Mattel is a huge company with the money to put in their lines and to pay designers and sculptors.  I find that so many of my Zillaz have such a different feel to them, their facepaint and eye placements give each girl a different feel.  MNO Jade and Fianna are very sweet-faced while Vampelina and the single-pack SAW girl are fierce, fierce, fierce!  I know it's the same mold but they are just really different.  But...those hands!  If they'd just fix the hands they'd be perfect and in every way as good as MH, at least to me. The MNO girls with saran and nicely made dresses and the rereleased MB girls with saran is a nice start though.  At least MGA listened about the complaints of bad hair quality. Another thing that wouldn't hurt is maybe a few more shoe molds but again I don't expect the same level of detail as I would MH.

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: May 15, 2013, 02:11:36 PM »
Angel, I totally agree with you.
My issue is that the Bratzillaz are just as pricy as the MHs over here and for the same price I sort of expect a little more than just beautiful inset eyes (undoubtly their stand-out feature!).

Well, after all the new girl has different eyebrows. Slight changes like that can do wonders on a same-face.

About the shoes, that's actually another nitpick I have about them. I guess I wouldn't mind the same shoe mold getting used again and again for different dolls if they wouldn't be one solid color most of the time. Sure, there's always repainting, but like I said I always have to compare prices over here.
It's unfortunate enough that I have to import so many dolls already, which eats away on my pony and MH money. I'm grateful that we even got the Zillaz, but it also kind of seems we're not getting all lines. Never seen the glow-in-the-dark beach dolls anywhere here :/

Oh, and is it just me or does the girl in red and black (even Wydowna's colors, hehe) look like she has four arms and a ladybug pet?
MGA, you lil bastards! Gotta hand it to them, it's pretty clever to have a multi-limbed doll as part of an in-store line when the enemy has their product as an overpriced SDCC doll *cough*

An insect witch makes even less sense than a vampire witch to me, but I might consider getting her out of spite. I'm immature like that and I want a red and black multi-limbed dolly, so...

angelfish

« Reply #593 on: May 15, 2013, 06:20:27 PM »
Zapper I agree about the shoes.  The Zilla shoes are just kinda...meh.  Having said that I do love Vampelina's "Posh Spice" strappy black platform pumps and First Wave Yasmina's high-heeled Birkenstock booties....and Meygana/Jade's witchy buckled booties. The MB witches all have boring pageant wedges.  Such a shame as the bathing suits are cute and pretty well-made.

And whaaaaa....?  MGA is making a spider-witch?  Gotta hand it to them, they learn from MH and they make sure not to repeat the same mistakes *cough one torso cough*  Now they'll have a multi-armed gal on the playline market first.  I will be getting her for sure and she can partners in crime with Wydona, Vampelina and Toralei. 

Offline sparkykandy

• Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: May 16, 2013, 04:02:57 AM »

Oh, and is it just me or does the girl in red and black (even Wydowna's colors, hehe) look like she has four arms and a ladybug pet?
MGA, you lil bastards! Gotta hand it to them, it's pretty clever to have a multi-limbed doll as part of an in-store line when the enemy has their product as an overpriced SDCC doll *cough*

An insect witch makes even less sense than a vampire witch to me, but I might consider getting her out of spite. I'm immature like that and I want a red and black multi-limbed dolly, so...

Not sure if you keep up with the Novi Stars line, but one of the dolls already out here in the U.S. is four-armed.

Is seriously considering buying of the SAW packs.  Loves the inset eyes that these dolls have.
Admin of a Cheritz fan forum.

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: May 16, 2013, 07:22:41 AM »
Not sure if you keep up with the Novi Stars line, but one of the dolls already out here in the U.S. is four-armed.

Yeah, I'm keeping track on the Novis. I'm currently waiting on my Orbit Beach Ari Roma and Una Verse ^^
But they're aliens. Multiple limbs on an alien are much more legit to me than multiple limbs on a witch.
And like I said, they even used Wydowna's color scheme on her and I'm not entirely sure due to the blurriness of the promo, but she also seems to have a spider web theme going on. Just instead of six arms she seems to have four, which would make her an insect and not a spider.

I also read somewhere that the other new character next to the Chinese dragon witch is supposed to be a skeleton witch from Mexico India LOL
It's really blatant how desperately they try to make Bratzillaz MGA's Monster High. MGA's Novi Stars work well on their own without copying the enemy's toys ;)

Offline Roogna

• Trade Count: (+594)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://roogna.deviantart.com
« Reply #596 on: May 16, 2013, 12:31:47 PM »
wow I am in total love with that new one in the center!

we have ALL of the dolls and sets here EXCEPT the mermaid and the vampire. Arrrrrgh! Why are they the only ones not in this city?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

DeviantArt Etsy

Online brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: May 23, 2013, 09:46:42 PM »
Somehow I ended up with these three.  I've always loved Yasmina's eyes and when I was contemplating her  (on sale), my niece spotted SAW and I caved.  It was sad about Yasmina's hair though.  I wish I had read this thread earlier.   I went back later and bought her MNO version.

We split the SAW and I got the left overs.  I love how she turned out.  But Yasmina MNO is my favorite.  Everything about her is just so pretty. 
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline heftysmurf76

• Big Brother Pony
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: May 24, 2013, 09:26:31 PM »
Have Fianna or Vampelia shown up at retail stores at all yet? I still have had no luck finding either one, and i check every time I go to walmart and target and TRU  to no avail :(

angelfish

« Reply #599 on: May 24, 2013, 10:27:22 PM »
heftysmurf, I found my two Vampelinas at my local Target.  I only saw the two and I've only heard of them being found at Target although some members here have found them at Walmart.  I ordered my first Fianna from Target.com but I've never seen her in the brick and mortar store.  I found one Fianna at Walmart and I think others have found her there as well.  I would find out when your Target or local Walmart restocks and go from there.  Never seen either of these girls at TRU.  My two local TRUs haven't even gotten the MNO or MB lines in at all.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal