collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ladybird with Collector Pose Swapped Head - what would you pay?  (Read 8791 times)

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Hi everyone

I started a new thread about this to attract attention to it, rather than posting in this thread [size=78%]http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,289104.0.html[/size] about it because I need your opinions.

What would you pay for her?

She's arrived. She's definitely had a head swap.... but she's cute!

For the right price I would keep her but I wanted to get an idea of what you all thought is a fair price for her, and also bearing in mind her NDS pen marks and symbol rub, so that I can pitch this to the seller.

I either want to return her for a full refund or preferably come to an agreement with him of a lower price so I thought I'd consult the experts ;) I've advised him that the collector community is aware of her so the price I offer is likely to be the price he would get for her if he relisted. This way it would save messing around if he refunded the difference.

Thank you in advance

Sarah xx

edit: a NM Ladybird sold in January for $710 [size=78%]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/My-Little-Pony-G1-Greek-Ladybug-Pashalitsa-Pasxalitsa-El-Greco-/250973914307?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a6f3604c3#ht_758wt_1165[/size]

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
Re: Ladybird with Collector Pose Swapped Head - what would you pay?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 11:04:51 AM »
gosh, i really don't know what to suggest :huh:

IMHO i would send the pony back and get a refund and put the money towards a "perfect" ladybird.

that is what i would do any way :)

love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline zora

• Trade Count: (+75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 11:34:22 AM »
i would return it too. i would not be happy with a head swapped pony with pen marks..
Former Nirvana and BigBro Collector

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 12:07:29 PM »
I'm guessing that she wasn't cheap, and with her head being different I would definitely get a full refund, she is adorable but at the end of the day, if you have doubts, they will always be there, and I have that problem with one of my boys with a head and body mismatch in colour and it always annoys me that I didn't get a refund! Hope this helps sweetie xxx

Offline missbonbon

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 12:43:22 PM »
I, too, would send her back and get a full refund. I can't imagine she was cheap so I'd rather have a real one rather than half a real one
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Please visit my photobucket to see my princess variant wish list. Photos borrowed from Shelti's site with permission. If they are your photos and don't want them on my link, please let me know, I will take them down right away!

Missbonbon's Princess Variant Wish List

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2012, 12:55:09 PM »
I would return her as well if I am honest...its not that she isnt lovely and its not that she isnt worth something its more that even if you manage to negotiate a discount with the seller I would be amazed if they drop the price to what she is probably worth which is essentially 2 parts of 2 different ponies....

I would return her and then put the money aside to get the perfect LB when she next shows up!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline TokiBear

• Wibbly Wobbly, Timey Wimey
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • We're all stories in the end...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2012, 06:59:55 PM »
I am inclinded to agree with everyone else... she isn't the whole pony... just her body.  I would definitely send her back for a full refund and put that towards a better one when she you find her.  She's a spendy pony... I'd want to make sure that I got exactly what I wanted for the price she sells for.

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2012, 08:36:12 PM »
If you really want to keep her, I'd suggest the most she would be worth would be 1/2 of what a nice one sells for. If a near mint one sold for $710, I'd say the head-swapped girl with pen marks would probably be worth $300 at the most, maybe less. It's a tough call, as far as keeping her or sending her back. If you are really happy with her at a reduced price, then keep her. Unfortunately, if you did decide to sell her later on, it may be hard to find another buyer. I'm sure this is a tough decision for you. :hug: If you think you may regret the purchase later on, then sending her back for a full refund might be the best choice.

Offline tootie_tails

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2012, 01:59:48 AM »
If she is not genuine but actually has a swapped head she is not worth much I think (for a ladybird).
I wouldn't even pay half the original price. Maybe one fourth of it. So maybe $150-200? That is, if she is in great condition other than the head not being original.

Things that would affect the price, for me:

How good is the head body match?
If there is a slight mismatch in color or shape that would be a put off for me and it would lower her value drastically. To maybe $100? As the mismatch, even if small, would be a constant reminder of how her head is not original.

Does she have other flaws (not head related)?
You mentioned pen marks for example. That should be considered too. Although known in the auction (I assume), marks in combination with the wrong head is another thing that would make people pass and hold out for a better one.
-

Offline Sarah-Bee

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2012, 05:04:40 AM »
I was thinking of $150 so it's good to see someone along the same thought lines for if I did keep her.... there's no way I'd pay half the cost for her, she maybe half the pony but to me that would make the worth much less to me.

He hasn't replied yet. I pitched $150 to him or a return for a full refund. I'll give him til tonight and chase him up and let you know.

Not sure what to do to be honest... I think I'm leaning more towards returning for a refund but I'll see what he says and then decide.

Thanks for the input guys :) xx

FlyingPonyMonster

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2012, 05:32:24 AM »
I was going to say $100 most as she is not complete and has pen marks!

Hope you can work something out, I feel sad for the pony if she gets sent back what will happen to her!!

Xxxx

Offline Sarah-Bee

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2012, 08:29:39 AM »
I know FPM! I don't want her to get binned!! :/

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2012, 10:40:13 AM »
suggestion: you said he got her with a bunch of other ponies...if he still has them, ask him to take pics of them; maybe her head is on another body!
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2012, 11:00:47 AM »
lunar ~ that is a very good point! :D

love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Sarah-Bee

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2012, 11:50:49 AM »
I didn't think of that Luna! Good idea!

Before I came back on here he had replied and said he would take $250 or that I could return her. He was really very nice and I do believe he genuinely didn't know about this, he'd probably gutted he thought he had a rare expensive pony that was going to fetch him a fortune :P But anyways, I digress. I can't and won't pay $250 for her, so I politely declined his offer and told him I'd send her back tomorrow.

I did just email him again to ask him to check for other pink pony heads though! ;) It's a long shot as he may have already sold any others, he only had one other for sale when I bought Ladybird, but worth asking for sure!

I'll let you know, but unless he is lucky and finds her head then she's back on her way to Greece tomorrow.

I've asked him to state in the auction if he relists about the switched head and told him that the community is aware of her so he should be honest ;)

I really hope he relists her and someone else who is happy with a  head-switched Ladybird buys her because she is so cute! But Ladybird is my ULTIMATE grail and I can't just settle. I would've been fine with her NDS pen marks and symbol rub... but not this.

Thanks again for the advice and support.

Sarah xx

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal