collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Fashion style Ditzy Doo/ :muffin: Pony  (Read 140513 times)

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
Re: Fashion style Ditzy Doo/ :muffin: Pony
« Reply #840 on: May 30, 2012, 03:11:30 PM »
So :muffin: Pony is the exclusive for both? Wow, that's a surprise. I never have gotten a fair pony (though there are several I still want) but even I'm disappointed over this. And I actually like and want :muffin: Pony! Very mixed feelings personally...but I am sad for everyone who was expecting another awesome G3 pony. =(

Sometimes I wish Hasbro would just come explain everything to us...
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: May 30, 2012, 03:13:06 PM »
I think Hasbro are being a little lazy if she is both the Con and Fair pony. But at least most people will be able to get hold of her :)

*crosses fingers that Hasbro actually make enough to go round*
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: May 30, 2012, 03:13:32 PM »
I just wish they'd have made her (:muffin: Pony) a regular release.. heck, THAT would have made them a whole lot of money!! :B

..and let the fair/con-pony be a G4 art-pony. That way everyone would be happy. Most would be even happier than they are now, I bet ya. :7

Offline TokiBear

• Wibbly Wobbly, Timey Wimey
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • We're all stories in the end...
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: May 30, 2012, 03:15:01 PM »
I just wish they'd have made her (:muffin: Pony) a regular release.. heck, THAT would have made them a whole lot of money!! :B

..and let the fair/con-pony be a G4 art-pony. That way everyone would be happy. Most would be even happier than they are now, I bet ya. :7

^This!  Totally agree with this!

Offline Saiko

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: May 30, 2012, 03:18:08 PM »
I agree with you completely Stuntmang, :muffin: Pony's not just a Brony mascot, she's come to be beloved by many groups of people, and many different people will want her as a toy. Due to the complaints though, I doubt Hasbro will ever release her a regular toy. So SDCC was the perfect venue for her.
I did like the G3 art ponies, but no one's said they're gone forever. I believe they'll be brought back, or at least art ponies on a G4 mould. After all, what character from the show could follow :muffin: Pony as an exclusive? I think this is a one off.
:heart:

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #845 on: May 30, 2012, 03:19:43 PM »
I like the G4 ponies, but I would have preferred to see an art pony as the Fair pony.  The bronies would have their G4 mold, the older collectors would still have an art pony, and that's how a compromise is reached.  This sort of feels like Hasbro has turned their backs on those of us who have been around for years but aren't necessarily following the brony fandom.  *sigh*  :muffin: Pony is awfully cute, but still.  I loved the collectors art ponies.

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: May 30, 2012, 03:20:52 PM »
I think part of the reason it seems they are targeting "bronies" is most of them (there are plenty of girls too) are younger and have more disposable income since they don't have the responsibilities of "kids and mortgage" that older people tend to have (tho not all of them do). Hasbro is a company and companies want to make money after all.

After all, what character from the show could follow :muffin: Pony as an exclusive? I think this is a one off.

Chrysalis since it is always tough for villains to get a general release, perhaps?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 03:23:42 PM by Wardah »
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

toralei

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #847 on: May 30, 2012, 03:24:42 PM »
It's kind of a bummer that she's both the fair pony and the comiccon pony...
But.
Wow!! What a cutie! I love the packaging, too~

Offline wystearya

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: May 30, 2012, 03:25:05 PM »
*sigh* Unlike. If I'd known this was going to be the fair pony, I wouldn't have pre-paid for one. I'm extremely bummed to not have another cool exclusive art pony to add to my collections.

I'm also curious about the price as well. Since I paid $30 extra for my fair packet that includes the pony and the poster... so if the pony is only $20 I'm not terribly excited about paying $10 for a poster.

edit: Oh, and if you missed it, yes, she is confirmed to be the fair pony as well http://content.usatoday.com/communities/popcandy/post/2012/05/exclusive-preview-the-2012-special-edition-my-little-pony/1#.T8aBl3lYtgp

Interesting.   It is kind of sad that the Comic Con and the Fair have the same pony, but maybe now I will be able to get one.  LOL!

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: May 30, 2012, 03:40:32 PM »
Hmm, it's been announced over in the Fair forum that there is going to be a limit of buying 1 pony per person at the Fair...and it's also been stated that she won't be available to purchase online after the Fair is over... (Which is unlike previous years) :(

This is not shaping up to sound so great for those of us who can't go.... In the past the SDCC pony hasn't been limited to 1 per person (just 2 per person for each time you go through the line). But what if they limit to 1 per person at SDCC too? :(
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Prismatic

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+55)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: May 30, 2012, 03:42:17 PM »
Putting this here since I mentioned it earlier:

http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,297609.0.html

I started a thread in sales for :muffin: Pony/Scarah, take a look if you're interested.  Might not be as many interested now since she'll be available at the fair too, but I consider that a good thing (more chances to get her!)

I'm thinking they did this because she's just so darn popular.  I do wish there would be an art pony of some sort, but that's ok, there's always next year!  I bet her showing up early on taobao added fuel to the fire, too lol.

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: May 30, 2012, 03:52:36 PM »
I really hope they're not going to start ignoring collectors in favour of bronies! That would be unfair. Just because they're new, doesn't mean they get priority.   :enraged: Maybe it's just the raging feminist in me, but it almost seems like favoring men over women, because collectors are mostly female and bronies are mostly male.

I'm getting that sinking feeling, too.  :cry: But it makes sense, in a strictly marketing sense - I've seen plenty of articles that talk about how the 14-39-year-old men are the most "ideal" bracket to market to, since they supposedly spend the most money. So it's not Hasbro being sexist for no good reason, at least, but that doesn't mean I agree with their decision. And I'm not sure what the stats on "how many men buy My Little Pony toys" have been done, so it's still probably inaccurate in this particular market. :lmao:

Trust me, I'm sure this has nothing to do with gender. There are more bronies than collectors,

[citation needed]
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Stuntmang

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #852 on: May 30, 2012, 04:04:43 PM »
I really hope they're not going to start ignoring collectors in favour of bronies! That would be unfair. Just because they're new, doesn't mean they get priority.   :enraged: Maybe it's just the raging feminist in me, but it almost seems like favoring men over women, because collectors are mostly female and bronies are mostly male.

I'm getting that sinking feeling, too.  :cry: But it makes sense, in a strictly marketing sense - I've seen plenty of articles that talk about how the 14-39-year-old men are the most "ideal" bracket to market to, since they supposedly spend the most money. So it's not Hasbro being sexist for no good reason, at least, but that doesn't mean I agree with their decision. And I'm not sure what the stats on "how many men buy My Little Pony toys" have been done, so it's still probably inaccurate in this particular market. :lmao:

Trust me, I'm sure this has nothing to do with gender. There are more bronies than collectors,

[citation needed]
How many active members does Arena have compared to some other pony site?

Offline mercynova

• NSS Buttons
  • Trade Count: (+91)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: May 30, 2012, 04:05:50 PM »

[citation needed]
How many active members does Arena have compared to some other pony site?

I think what she's getting at is that you said that this has nothing to do with gender and then called fans of FIM 'bronies'

Offline Lancer

• Trade Count: (+164)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Diary of a Daydreamer
« Reply #854 on: May 30, 2012, 04:06:54 PM »
I've done my major venting on Facebook as I knew I'd get my head bitten off here, but just to clear a couple of things up.

It's not that we all hate G4 (I know for a fact that most people here love it!), people are disappointed because Hasbro implied they would continue to make exclusive G3 art ponies.  And we HAVE had G3 exclusives for the past two years, even after the regular line changed over to G3.5/G4.  So why would we have any reason to think they would change this now?  We liked to have something a bit different/fancier/more artistic and, once you get the past the meme culture, :muffin: Pony is, at the end of the day, just a regular mono-coloured pony - there is NOTHING special about her if you're not into the show and don't know her story.

It was nice to have all the Art Ponies in the same pose but I realised they wouldn't really keep up with G3 forever more.  I guess I was more disappointed that the exclusive wasn't a specially designed art pony than about what generation it was.  I love the art ponies, especially when they have the year of their release woven into the pattern somehow.

I understand having :muffin: Pony for ComicCon where a lot of bronies will be present, but not for the fair which is not a predominantly FiM-themed event (I know a lot of the newer fans are having a hard time accepting it, but there ARE still a heck of a lot of long-term collectors who probably buy just as much, if not more, merchandise than bronies, many of whom say "we only watch the show/the toys aren't show accurate enough".  It's those people who mainly attend the Pony Fair/UK Ponycon).  In fact, I do not understand sharing ANY exclusive between the events.  Embrace change, sure.  Accept G4 is the current generation, sure.  But how the heck can it be considered improvement when we've had two exclusives for years and suddenly only have one?

I'm actually quite surprised Hasbro are releasing :muffin: Pony at all after all the controversy surrounding her.  I almost wonder if she was to be a general release originally, then the trouble started and they thought, "Darn, we've got all these surplus ponies to shift - how can we get rid of them?  I know, let's make it the exclusive...at two different events!"  Perhaps loads of them will start mysteriously showing up as replacement ponies when people complain about damaged MLPs or will be sold in lots through the website (kind of like the surplus Love Wishes ponies were).

In fact, I read a bit about :muffin: Pony somewhere (and I'm kicking myself as I can't remember where I read it) which indicated that the Comic Con is a preview of what will be a "Hasbro Toy Shop exclusive".  Perhaps they were just referring to the leftovers that they will sell on the site in the days following Comic Con...or maybe she will be readily available from Hasbro Toy Shop after the events (but maybe not in her special presentation box)?  They know there's a lot of bronies who will buy her, so why would they want to limit the run?  Hasbro won't benefit directly from the high prices on the secondary market, after all.  Who knows?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal