collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Fashion style Ditzy Doo/ :muffin: Pony  (Read 139742 times)

Offline Ren-Ren

• Trade Count: (+237)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://renren-1.livejournal.com/
Re: Fashion style Ditzy Doo/ :muffin: Pony
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2012, 01:21:03 AM »
Sorry, it was just a generalization, not really meant to be 100% exclusive of other groups :)   

Anyone willing to pay hundreds or thousands of dollars for plushies, and other fan made merchandise helped, I'm sure.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 01:25:42 AM by Ren-Ren »
Thanks to Calico Star for my siggy! <3 (deleted cause photobucket)
*** My Sales Page*** My Little Pink Pony Loves MMA***

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2012, 01:27:26 AM »
Sorry, it was just a blanket statement, not really meant to be 100% exclusive of other groups :)   

Anyone willing to pay hundreds or thousands of dollars for plushies, and other fan made merchandise helped, I'm sure. It just seems to me personally that most of the people I sell a LOT of stuff to are guys.

... you do realize that Hasbro gets 0 dollars of the plushie sales, right?

I would argue that it was Lauren Faust's revisioning of the cartoon which helped it appeal to a wider audience, which made the increased marketing of the toyline possible. More people liked the cartoon, so more people wanted to buy the toys, so Hasbro could afford to take a 'risk' on specific characters from the show.

EDIT I mean, it does make logical sense that Hasbro would see all of these hugely-expensive ponies going for tons of dollars and say, "Hey, we want some of that action!" but this isn't really a plushie; this is a pony character from the show. So I would argue it's less of a 'trying to get in on the expensive-toy-market' and more 'trying to cater to fans of the show' - which are mostly young girls, obviously, but with a lot of us older folks too. :)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 01:49:00 AM by Snapdragon »
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2012, 01:44:00 AM »
:lmao: she looks crazy! I want one!
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2012, 01:52:39 AM »
Sorry, it was just a blanket statement, not really meant to be 100% exclusive of other groups :)   

Anyone willing to pay hundreds or thousands of dollars for plushies, and other fan made merchandise helped, I'm sure. It just seems to me personally that most of the people I sell a LOT of stuff to are guys.

I would argue that it was Lauren Faust's revisioning of the cartoon which helped it appeal to a wider audience, which made the increased marketing of the toyline possible. More people liked the cartoon, so more people wanted to buy the toys, so Hasbro could afford to take a 'risk' on specific characters from the show.

HB may not get the money from the plushies but as a commercial company I think we could all be certain they are listening to the fan base in a way they never have before - whether this is through the creation of the white celestia set or though other show characters getting one off releases....there is clearly a market with money there, why wouldnt HB try to tap into it? And so they should they are their characters after all...

I dont think its a judgement to say that there is clearly a market there that are dropping money on some items that we wouldnt before have dreamed off before...when G3 came out and if someone made a Pinkie plush and put it on ebay - would it sell for over 500$? No...therefore there is a different market involved now, a cash happy market it seems and I think with characters like this getting a release all we are seeing is HB thinking a little outside their normal box and catering to that "brony" or "adult fan" base....its taken them a while and its nice to see if you make your presence felt they will react!!!

On the original topic...I dont think this is a photoshop...everything looks legit...however I see the seller is already sold out on them. I think we ll have to hope that actual collectors and not ebay resellers got them...fingers crossed.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Reaperfox

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
    • Dream Somehow | Geek Lifestyle, Disney & Travel Blog
« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2012, 01:54:49 AM »

Right, but there ARE people paid actual money to research the market and the consumer base. They are very aware there are adults watching the show, and of course adults have far more money to pour into their own hobbies than children who have to beg mum and dad. We never got show accurate toys in the old days. The original cartoons only featured toys already made, sure, but the Tales episodes featured characters like Teddy and Ace that we would have done ANYTHING for them to have released. Heck, the USA didn't even know Bon Bon, Melody etc were available as toys. They've shifted priorities a little due to their popularity with adults who are willing to be vocal about what they want, and I personally think it's ace.

Dream Someohw // Art & Nerdy Lifestyle Blog
http://www.dreamsomehow.com

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2012, 02:06:35 AM »
I will be in China in less than 2 months, fingers crossed they still have some, or I can find her at the toy market.

Offline Sandi

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2012, 02:09:23 AM »
Omg!  :frolic:
G1, G2 and G3 collector. I also collect a bunch of other stuff. (Too much..)
My collection website
My toy Instagram
My cat/nature Instagram
My Tumblr

Offline tinrobo

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • clockwork robo pony *click* *whirr*
    • View Profile
    • Tinrobo's Etsy Shop
« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2012, 02:12:50 AM »
Awww I hope she gets a proper release, I love :muffin: Pony/Ditzy! ;3;

Offline jwalraven

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Jwal's DeviantART
« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2012, 02:17:35 AM »
This toy is adorable! If she does become an official release, will she come with a muffin?

Offline okiegurl1981

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://okiegurl1981.deviantart.com/
« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2012, 02:27:13 AM »
Is it just me, or do those bubbles look...fake??  :/  I would think with all the hype over her speaking role, Hasbro wouldn't release a :muffin: Pony toy.
Facebook | Deviantart | Etsy

Nein

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2012, 03:18:08 AM »
I neeeed her!

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2012, 03:22:36 AM »

Right, but there ARE people paid actual money to research the market and the consumer base. They are very aware there are adults watching the show, and of course adults have far more money to pour into their own hobbies than children who have to beg mum and dad. We never got show accurate toys in the old days. The original cartoons only featured toys already made, sure, but the Tales episodes featured characters like Teddy and Ace that we would have done ANYTHING for them to have released. Heck, the USA didn't even know Bon Bon, Melody etc were available as toys. They've shifted priorities a little due to their popularity with adults who are willing to be vocal about what they want, and I personally think it's ace.

A lot of those high priced custom plush are created by a handful of crazy fans in a bidding war. A large percentage of bronies don't buy any merchandise at all. I feel like Hasbro is just testing the waters.
Trying to appeal to girls, but make some brony money on the side by releasing show characters.
Also, communication has become a lot more easy than back in the G1 days, when most of us were still children.

Anyways, i will never like those oversized wings. I also doubt we will be seeing her in stores (or that she official). Even before the Ditzy drama i would be sceptical of that. Why wouldn't they have showed her at the toyfair? Bronies would have loved that.
In fact, i think this would make a good comicon pony or something. I also agree with others, the bubbles look off.

Offline Cool.Breeze

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2012, 04:33:21 AM »
I ordered 2 of these on the 6th with TaoBao Spree (one for me, one for a friend! No extras, sorry guys D:), so I'll be able to confirm when my order arrives with my agent next week if she's "photoshopped" or not (I'll request pics before shipment) Honestly, she doesn't look 'shopped to me at all. This show doesn't even air in China, nor are the toys sold there- how are the workers to know the popularity of this particular character? That cutie mark is pretty dead-on. You'd think if it was a fake and the seller WERE trying to take advantage of :muffin: Pony's popularity, the seller would mark up an endless supply, a higher cost, and be pimping it on every brony/pony forum/website they could find in order to make more sales? Not to mention put some better english in the listing title than "15cm iPad2" >.>.... It reminds me of how some people still think G4 Minty is photoshopped until a member who owns one uploads a pic of their own. I personally think she was planned, then "The Last Roundup" happened and she was scrapped.

ETA: I DO agree, her hair does resemble Lily Blossom's, but her body isn't nearly as purple as LB's is, comparison shot:
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 05:40:57 AM by Whellu »

Offline OctoberFlash

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I like to eat things and brush ponies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2012, 04:35:01 AM »
I love her! :D

But I'm pretty sure this wouldn't be a real release, perhaps they just messed around with the eyes and made a cutie mark to get some quick cash. It's probably an FS Lily Blossom that they decided would sell well as a :muffin: Pony or something. ^^

But looking past that I hope they release her as "Ditzy Doo" or "Bright Eyes", I don't want all of the :muffin: Pony drama to fire up again ><

If she was released I would buy her though. soooo much. :D
Click here for my wishlist!

Every puzzle has an answer :)

Offline Varkolak

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2012, 04:56:35 AM »
looks like an altered lily blossom to me, i really want it, but i won't buy it unless it becomes official.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal