collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Fashion style Ditzy Doo/ :muffin: Pony  (Read 138841 times)

Pinecone

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Fashion style Ditzy Doo/ :muffin: Pony
« Reply #1020 on: June 02, 2012, 05:31:07 PM »
I don't think con ponies are ever named, though?

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: June 02, 2012, 05:59:06 PM »
I just wish I would see less of the "catering towards Bronies" language. When you say that it almost seems like you are saying that "Bronies" should be ignored by Hasbro and really that is an awful thing. Anyways I don't think Hasbro was so much "catering towards Bronies" as doing something for fans of the show whether they be a "brony" or a fan of MLP from the beginning. Even here there has been such a positive reaction to the show so of course they noticed that and gave us the background character pony.
Bronies get plenty of attention these days (they even got a shout out on the official site). It's the older fans who are being pushed aside. Not every pony fan is a brony and again the fair is about all generations. (And let's be honest, :muffin: Pony is very much a product of the brony community.) I'm sure most people are not against this :muffin: Pony toy or the fact it is mostly aimed at bronies. They are upset because we pretty much lost our exclusive collectors/fair pony. They aren't even allowed to sell the left over ponies anymore. Compared to how nice things were the last couple of years, that's quite sad and feels like a step backwards again.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: June 02, 2012, 06:21:15 PM »
I just wish I would see less of the "catering towards Bronies" language. When you say that it almost seems like you are saying that "Bronies" should be ignored by Hasbro and really that is an awful thing. Anyways I don't think Hasbro was so much "catering towards Bronies" as doing something for fans of the show whether they be a "brony" or a fan of MLP from the beginning. Even here there has been such a positive reaction to the show so of course they noticed that and gave us the background character pony.
Bronies get plenty of attention these days (they even got a shout out on the official site). It's the older fans who are being pushed aside. Not every pony fan is a brony and again the fair is about all generations. (And let's be honest, :muffin: Pony is very much a product of the brony community.) I'm sure most people are not against this :muffin: Pony toy or the fact it is mostly aimed at bronies. They are upset because we pretty much lost our exclusive collectors/fair pony. They aren't even allowed to sell the left over ponies anymore. Compared to how nice things were the last couple of years, that's quite sad and feels like a step backwards again.

You can want Hasbro to pay more attention to us earlier fans without trying to detract from the newer fans is all I'm saying. We can express our unhappiness with having the same pony as SDCC without bringing the "bronies" into it. No pony fan should bash another pony fan just because they are fans of a different generation. While we are free to express out dislike over certain generations or even types of ponies, we should never let it seep over towards the fans themselves, which is what those "catering towards bronies" comments do. "I feel Hasbro is ignoring us long time collectors" is a much better way to say it.

Tho I do feel it would be impossible for Hasbro to satisfy everyone. Not everyone likes G3s even among collectors that loved MLP since the 80s. There are even people that like G1 and G4 but none of the generations inbetween. (Not me because I love them all, even G3.5)
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline OctoberFlash

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I like to eat things and brush ponies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: June 02, 2012, 07:03:41 PM »
I think it'd be adorable if they released a TAF :muffin: Pony/Ditzy Doo/Bubblecup, with adorable muffin accessories too! I think she'd look cute with a muffin baseball hat and a cute little muffin dress, maybe even an adorable mutant muffin pet called the MUFFIN MONSTER! :lovey:

I would sooo buy that, lol.
Click here for my wishlist!

Every puzzle has an answer :)

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: June 02, 2012, 08:00:20 PM »
Oh my gosh just remembered I bought a muffin toy at the thrift store the other day. Somepony is getting a mufffinn!  :biggrin:

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: June 02, 2012, 08:05:28 PM »
While we are free to express out dislike over certain generations or even types of ponies, we should never let it seep over towards the fans themselves, which is what those "catering towards bronies" comments do. "I feel Hasbro is ignoring us long time collectors" is a much better way to say it.

*applauds* Well said!

I REALLY hope someone does a custom TAF :muffin: Pony now. >.> Would be so pretty!
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Online Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: June 02, 2012, 09:29:58 PM »

Seconding this! I find it pretty hilarious (translation: sad) that people are allowed to go on and on whining about how "the older collectors are being so meeeeeen and naaaasty for no reeeeeeeason!" but the moment anyone says "Hasbro is catering to Bronies and ignoring the older fans," it's seen as some kind of 'attack' on Bronies. Um, stating facts is an attack now? Okay then.  :blink:

I've seen tons of fansites stating that this is a shout-out from Hasbro, that this is Hasbro expressing their love for the fandom - but the moment we say that it in a negative way, it's an attack? You can't have it both ways! It's not like Bronies bullied Hasbro into making this decision; it's Hasbro's fault for caving to pressure to make a Brony-based toy, not Bronies for blackmailing Hasbro into making one. (Because, obviously, large corporations will make whatever dang toys they want to!)

And I just saw this, but I gotta say: I would like to subscribe to your newsletter, Malicieuse. ;)

Everyone chill the hell out.

I'm sorry but didn't you just post a wall of text just to tell people they are not allowed to be annoyed by this?

Yes, yes they did.
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Wardah

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: June 02, 2012, 10:04:47 PM »
I've seen tons of fansites stating that this is a shout-out from Hasbro, that this is Hasbro expressing their love for the fandom - but the moment we say that it in a negative way, it's an attack?

Because isn't by nature stating something in a negative way essentially an attack. That's why it is negative and not neutral. I am not a new fan as I have been here since 2008, when I rediscovered my love of toys including MLP, but I have not been happy with the way some of my fellow collectors have been acting lately. Loving all generations is NOT a requirement to be a true fan otherwise many people here would not be able to claim it. When G3.5 came out all I heard was "they look like aliens" and "they are so ugly" tho I liked them. Now the new fans are doing the same thing with the earlier generations and you just can't handle it. For the most part the "bronies" have not insulted us collectors, only the ponies and (since you take it too personally but can't insult what they like back since you like FIM too) you go and directly insult them. I'm not saying that the "bronies" are entirely innocent but you can't go around insulting people and expect them not to react.

*facehoof*

Av by Moonflower.

Bag of Magic Food

« Reply #1028 on: June 02, 2012, 10:23:32 PM »
I think it'd be adorable if they released a TAF :muffin: Pony/Ditzy Doo/Bubblecup, with adorable muffin accessories too! I think she'd look cute with a muffin baseball hat and a cute little muffin dress, maybe even an adorable mutant muffin pet called the MUFFIN MONSTER! :lovey:
I can only imagine it looking like one of the Bushwoolies.   :biggrin:

Pinecone

« Reply #1029 on: June 02, 2012, 10:25:50 PM »
I can only imagine it looking like one of the Bushwoolies.   :biggrin:

I want Hasbro to make it canon that Bubblecup has a Bushwooly friend. Hasbro do this NOW or I will lick all the powder of your marshmallows so you can't eat them! :nerdy:

Offline Emfen

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Scented Moonlight Pony
    • View Profile
    • MLW Profile
« Reply #1030 on: June 02, 2012, 10:34:02 PM »
Just had a similar discussion with my brother.
It's okay to dislike whatever you want, but it's the tone that's the issue. Most collectors have a very unpleasant tone against this new pony phenomenon or so to put it. And some go even further with that tone making it sound like it's the newer fans fault.
Honestly this argue is like watching my parents argue, I grew up with G1-G2 and later in my teens quit ponies. When G4 came around I rediscovered my joy for ponies but also lived by FiMs words of friendship, I became a brony. So I cannot say a certain gen is superior to another as I'm equally involved in both parts such as I'm both parts of my parents.

As much as you dislike Gray Pegasi With Crossed eyes aka :muffin: Pony/Ditzy/etc. you have to DEAL WITH IT, she have been chosen to be the comic con pony an there's nothing you can do about it. Fine if you don't want her, but don't come here ruin others fun then you might as well leave instead of contributing to the rotten attitude floating around here.
You people seriously need to stop making a hen out of a feather i.e. stop reading too much into the :muffin: Pony scene and toy.
My post may seem harsh, but I'm seriously tired of the attitude right now. To you who target "bronies" please know there are more than just those who lurk on those not-to-be-named forums on the web, bronies are on many places including here. For me being a brony is about respect, and I respect that you dislike the fair pony but when you start talking bad about people you have no idea about you're in bad water. I'm not as bad as some of you would like to paint out bronies to be, in fact I'm just a plain person liking ponies. Is that bad? And if you haven't got it, I am a brony and some posts in this thread offends me very much.
Thanks for your time and have good day.
~✿~| No longer actively collecting. |~✿~

Offline Wardah

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 11:03:23 PM by Wardah »

Av by Moonflower.

Online Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: June 02, 2012, 10:53:15 PM »
I've seen tons of fansites stating that this is a shout-out from Hasbro, that this is Hasbro expressing their love for the fandom - but the moment we say that it in a negative way, it's an attack?

Because isn't by nature stating something in a negative way essentially an attack.

Not if it's an attack against someone else, AKA Hasbro. I don't think any of the people complaining here think that Bronies, as a group, "made" Hasbro cancel the second exclusive. Saying "Hasbro is pandering to Bronies" is more of an insult against Hasbro than Bronies. All Bronies ever "did" was be popular ... which isn't inherently bad, last time I checked. Most of the comments I've seen here, as well, have been saying that they like Bubblecup, and it's a fine exclusive - but that it's not okay to have her for the Comic-Con AND the MLP Fair.

That's why it is negative and not neutral. I am not a new fan as I have been here since 2008, when I rediscovered my love of toys including MLP, but I have not been happy with the way some of my fellow collectors have been acting lately. Loving all generations is NOT a requirement to be a true fan otherwise many people here would not be able to claim it. When G3.5 came out all I heard was "they look like aliens" and "they are so ugly" tho I liked them. Now the new fans are doing the same thing with the earlier generations and you just can't handle it. For the most part the "bronies" have not insulted us collectors, only the ponies and (since you take it too personally but can't insult what they like back since you like FIM too) you go and directly insult them. I'm not saying that the "bronies" are entirely innocent but you can't go around insulting people and expect them not to react.

So I guess you haven't been keeping up with the :muffin: Pony threads, then? Because I have seen multiple instances of "get the hell over it," "calm down," "Bronies made FiM as great as it is, this is our fandom now so stop complaining," and the ever-hilarious "Bronies outnumber other fans, the survey said so!" I have never seen anything so blatant from older-gen collectors, if at all. Mostly I've seen older-gen folks reacting to the needling and insults given by the newer folks - and then when they react, FiM fans get offended about them being "so mean"? Pretty ironic.

Just had a similar discussion with my brother.
It's okay to dislike whatever you want, but it's the tone that's the issue. Most collectors have a very unpleasant tone against this new pony phenomenon or so to put it. And some go even further with that tone making it sound like it's the newer fans fault.
[...]
As much as you dislike Gray Pegasi With Crossed eyes aka :muffin: Pony/Ditzy/etc. you have to DEAL WITH IT,

Thank you for proving my point in one post~ and directly contradicting yourself, too!

she have been chosen to be the comic con pony an there's nothing you can do about it. Fine if you don't want her, but don't come here ruin others fun then you might as well leave instead of contributing to the rotten attitude floating around here.
You people seriously need to stop making a hen out of a feather i.e. stop reading too much into the :muffin: Pony scene and toy.

I know, it's so awful when people get upset about slurs! People need to stop being so touchy about them! Man, they're really harshing my mellow, you know? #sarcasm

My post may seem harsh, but I'm seriously tired of the attitude right now.

Ditto!
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Stuntmang

« Reply #1033 on: June 02, 2012, 10:53:52 PM »
h
This is probably the best post in here.

Offline Emfen

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Scented Moonlight Pony
    • View Profile
    • MLW Profile
« Reply #1034 on: June 02, 2012, 10:57:30 PM »
h
This is probably the best post in here.
Most certainly, and with that I'm out. This thread is just too unpleasant to attend do.
~✿~| No longer actively collecting. |~✿~

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal