collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Attaching pony to base  (Read 527 times)

lilacamy931

• Trade Count: (0)
Attaching pony to base
« on: March 04, 2012, 04:54:18 AM »
Hey peeps
Just wanted to get your thoughts on something (have an idea but always think best to check) Have to rearing ponies that need to be permanently attached to a base of sorts. I have only done one rearing and that was done to be deattachable with strong magnets. To make permanent and more importantly steady how do you best go about it?

My thought and i think from what I have seen is to drill hole to base and hoof of pony and have a rod or such to attach (possibly super glue or sculpt around?) have no dowelling but thick wire that may double over - would this be good enough?

Offline PrincessOfDarkness

• Queen of the Zombie Ponies
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
    • my dA
Re: Attaching pony to base
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 05:16:32 AM »
Amanda is permanently attached to her base with a screw through each 'contact' foot. The screw heads were counter sunk into the wood base (which was quite thin, so it was a bit of a nerve racking task to not go all the way through when I drilled that bit out) so they sat flush with the wood, then a layer of felt covers it all up so she doesn't scratch surfaces and so it looks tidy ^.^
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

She is completely attached, yet completely stable (which was important due to her feet placement). The screws are pretty long and went quite a way up into her legs. Depending on what your base is made out of this could work :)

~Princess Of Darkness~
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart:  Never really open for commissions, but can be bribed ;)  :heart: SOOOO much Love to Jupi for my amazing Cupcake Zombie :heart:

lilacamy931

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Attaching pony to base
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 05:22:29 AM »
one will be standard MDF which could work (thanks!) and the other will be resin xx

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal